All City Chess Club: A Hip-Hop Supergroup

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Minus, Oct 14, 2010.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Who is All City Chess Club?

Lupe Fiasco, The Cool Kids, Asher Roth, Diggy Simmons, J. Cole, Charles Hamilton, Blu, B.O.B., Dosage, & Wale.

Wait, what?

[youtube]JkBXlko3bsU[/youtube]

ACCC's remix of Lupe's I'm Beamin', sans Wale and J. Cole.

What are your thoughts on this completely imba (see: imbalanced, overpowered) supergroup?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I don't really see them working on an actual album, ever. It'll be just online releases like this one, which I'm totally cool with. Not sure if I can take that many artists at once.

The remix is dope though. Asher, Lupe, Blu and BoB came correct.

Minus

It'd be like a mainstream Army of the Pharaohs. It needs to be done. That and CRS. And the ACCC and CRS should combine and make mainstream rap explode with underground-ness.

Agent

Haha talk about wishful thinking. But I wouldn't mind a CRS album.

Minus

Too bad it ain't gonna happen... =/

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Take out Diggy, Charles, Dosage, and the Cool Kids and I would buy the album (though they're probably just gonna release a mixtape). I'm still waiting on that CRS album though. Lupe also said he's making an album with Jay Electronica, but I doubt that will ever happen.

EDIT: Add B.o.B. to that list too. I like him, but he just sounded awful on this. Tries to hard sometimes to sound like Andre 3000.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    Minus

Lupe has been pretty good about trying to keep promises. I mean, by all means Japanese Cartoon shouldn't have come out, but it did.

Agent

Apparently Charles Hamilton has already left the group due to beef with Wale.

Minus

They should replace him with Kid Cudi.

TRUE FUCKING STORY.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Diggy does not have bars.

I'm gonna disagree, Minus. Cudi doesn't have bars either. That's prolly why he wasn't in the BET cyphers. Cudi isn't wack though, he just doesn't belong in a group of emcees IMO

edit: Charles Hamilton and Kid Cudi have beef with Wale, haha.

Minus

I honestly think it'd work out pretty damn well, but that's just me. Then again I think the ACCC and CRS should combine anyways, so yeah.

I see it as an Army of the Pharaohs kinda deal. Not everyone will be on every single track if they were to ever make a whole album.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

You can argue his worth as a music artist, but as a straight rapper Kid Cudi is straight trash and I will say that to the ends of the earth. He plays out that 3 note sing/rap thing he does. His beat selection is what makes his albums. Kid Cudi artist = meh. Kid Cudi rapper = trash.

It should be Lupe, Asher, Wale & J. Cole. Diggy can rap for sure but he has little to no subject matter in his verses.

Minus

Well you can argue that he's trash, but I will argue that he's a pretty dope rapper to the ends of the earth.

Just sayin'.

Justin V.

Agree to disagree lol. To me he just doesn't stand up to the caliber of rappers in the (true) lineup of ACCC. Asher, Lupe, J. Cole & Wale as far as being an old school emcee. He's more of a recording artist than "Kid Cudi the Rapper". He can't really go bar for bar with anyone and (to me personally) doesn't have any good metaphors or flow. Maybe he could beat Charles Hamilton but I think C.H. is WACK lol. He needs to be removed from ACCC.

Minus

Just curious: have you seen Cudi freestyle? He's deceptively good at it.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Well, in Diggy's defense, he is only 15, and has only just recently started putting out mixtapes. He is definitely miles above his brother Jojo though :lol:

Justin V.

Did you watch the BET Cypher recently?
    http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/10/12/2010-bet-hip-hop-awards-cyphers/ Check Diggy and his dad. He's just an impressive rapper coming from a place like New York. You have to step it up in New York. Joel Ortiz would destroy Kid Cudi in a freestyle battle.

And overall I'm not impressed with freestyling. Jin was an amazing freestyler but when it came to putting together songs and concepts he flopped. I love Cudi's music and the ideas he tries to portray, I just don't like the way he delivers his flow and I'm not impressed with his ability to structure thought provoking lines. Granted, that's most of hip-hop nowadays lol, but in the context of ACCC you have some pretty high caliber lyricists.

Oh and Jay, I love Diggy! I'm just saying it sucks he really doesn't have more to say (on this song at least) due to his age. The First Flight and Airborne are crazy good mixtapes. He destroys Jo-Jo. I love "I'm only 15 but my 16's strong." Dope.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Oh definitely. I heard some Team Blackout tracks, and I swear I felt some blood in my ears. Diggy is excellent for his age, and I can't wait til his debut album drops.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

so, this is basically every over-hyped rapper ever in a "supergroup", right? ehhhhhh.

Minus

That has nothing to do with Kid Cudi's ability as a rapper. Sure they're damn good, but I was just saying that Cudi is better than you may think he is.

You haven't been keeping up with Jin recently, have you? I'm assuming you're only looking at that horrible Ruff Ryders period.

And Casey: Your ability to sound high and mighty never ceases to amaze me. Actually, it does cease to amaze me.