Underage Sex, who has had it?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Polychromatic, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I'm going to like next week :awesome:

2. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

How do 16 year olds plan sex like that? I imagine it in their daily planner.

Oct. 20th
    Math homework.
    English paper due.
    Butt sex, facial.

3. Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Because I'm the man. I don't have homework besides accounting.

4. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

That sucks fella. Sorry to hear it.

5. travz21

Sucks, but a kid would ruin your life at 14.

6. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

safe sex is great sex, better wear a latex, 'cuz you don't want that late text, that "i think im late" text.

lil wayne ©, 2008

7. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Not necessarily.

8. travz21

It would ruin your teenage life. You couldn't live like other kids in middle school and high school. Probably no sports, no parties, no girlfriends. All you'd be doing is taking care of the kid and working to save up money. The child would be given the short end of the stick, too. It won't have an ideal childhood.

Unless you have very supportive and wealthy parents who have all the time in the world to take care of that kid, you're losing all of your years that are meant to be enjoyed before you go off into the real world.

9. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, it would. Kids aren't meant to have kids, because they aren't emotionally mature enough to handle that kind of responsibility and stress. Fuck, I'm 21 and I'm not mature enough to even babysit a toddler, much less have one to call my own.

10. Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Pretty much nailed it.

11. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Agreed.

12. Sonic

Oh, because y'all are speaking from experience, right? Not saying your points aren't valid, but it doesn't ruin your life. Social life? Okay, but not everyone is a partier. My fiance' had her daughter when she was 14, and virtually didn't have a mother or a father of her own to turn to, and she did just fine.

So unless you're speaking from experience, don't speak as if you've lived through it.

13. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Give me your definition of "just fine."

14. Sonic

Has a roof over her head, supports her child, has a job and goes to school.

15. travz21

I have multiple friends who had kids in high school. One was a father when he was 15. He had it with his casual girlfriend of about 2 months. He was a pretty popular kid and one of the best wrestlers in the state. After he had his kid, nobody really saw him outside of school. That was 6 years ago. He joined the military when he was 18, now has a house, and lives with the same girl that he eventually married. He's 22 and his daughter is now 7. Sure, he's married and has a family, but would he really have married one of his first girlfriends had they not had a child? Maybe his life could have been much better had he done all the things he really wanted to do when he was younger. He could have gone to college on a scholarship, dated around a lot more, got a better job, experienced life before he had to buckle down and get serious.

There are some instances where the mother or father are so messed up and down a destructive path that the baby will actually save their life and turn them into something respectable, but most people that young aren't that corrupted by then. The vast majority of people are far worse when they have a baby underage. It holds them back from their full potential, well, because they have to give most of it to their child.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  16. Sonic

Like I said, you have valid points, and I agree with them. But you can't generalize everyone who has a kid young has it rough or ends up being a failure. That's borderline stereotype. 9 times out if 10 that does happen though, and I don't blame you for posting what you did, but also understand where I'm coming from, speaking from experience, that not everyone has it rough.

Great story though. It's nice to see people not give up after a mistake like that.

17. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

See what you are focusing more on are how he's messing up on his life chances. Down the line, he seemed to have stabilized his life. I mean sure he could have done all the things he wanted instead of what he got but maybe that would have gotten nowhere.
    I would never agree to parenting a kid when I am very young myself, like Casey said. But 11:54 has a point too, it's always easy to stereotype people in categories to have wasted their lives but that is not always the case.

18. travz21

Give me some examples where someone under the age of 18 has improved their life potential after having a kid.

19. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I can't because I don't know anyone who did. I know you want to turn this into a debate, but I agree with what you have to say, I'm just not crazy about stereotyping. You are talking to a newly inspired amateur socio/anthropologist here.

20. travz21

I don't see how it's stereotyping. You have a kid, you have less time to live your life the way teenagers are supposed to. People don't have children when they are under 18 and achieve more than they originally would have without out a kid. When you're spending time on your child, you're also spending less time on your development as a person. Whether that be less schooling, less social life, less whatever. The only way it doesn't detract from your life is if you wanted the child in the first place and weren't aspiring to be anything more.