Least favorite song on ATS (interludes excluded)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Polychromatic, Oct 21, 2010.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

No love for the instrumental before that, even?

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Hmm...I don't really have a least favorite ATS song. But I still need some time to grow into Robot Boy. Don't get me wrong, I love it. It's just that right after Robot Boy is Jornada del Muerto and then one of my favorites Waiting For The End xD sadly that means I skip straight to that right after WTCFM. But I still love Robot Boy.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Not particularly. I like the chopped-up guitar stuff at the beginning of the bridge and the marching band-like snare drum at the beginning of the song, but I think most of the rest of it is forgettable. Some of the keyboard sounds are even downright cheesy.

I dunno, I still stand by my original review of that track, where I said the instrumental track and Chester's vocals don't seem to fit together at all, like they just stuck them together to see what would happen.

LPFreak64

LPFreak64 BACON!!!

Wow, a lot of unexpected hate for my 3 favorite songs on ATS (Blackout, W&K, and WTCFM). My least favorite is Robot Boy. It's monotone and repetitive. I can still listen to it, and with the entire album, it is a great addition, but by itself, I can hardly stand it.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Fallout.....

And the real songs, i would say Robot boy, i like it alot, but i love all the other songs

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

In all honesty, probably The Catalyst. It just doesn't do for me what the rest of the album did. Now, please keep in mind that I made this decision based on the track by itself and not as a piece of the album. ATS is probably one of my favorite albums of all time so this was a hard choice to make. As a single, I just don't find The Catalyst as powerful. That's all.

By no means am I saying I don't like the song, I do. It's just not my favorite.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think hearing it in context with the rest of the album somehow makes it a lot better than hearing it by itself.

Amanda

I think that goes for EVERY song on ATS. But yes. Agree.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, but for me The Catalyst is probably the one that improves most that way.

Amanda

To each his own, eh? :lol:

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Wretches and Kings just because it seems kinda low brow vs. the rest of the album.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Robot Boy - I find it really boring and I'm not a fan of Chester's wailing part at the end. I do like the name "Robot Boy" though. After listening to WTCFM I usually just skip to Jornada Del Muerto.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

^ Same. Robot Boy just sounds extremely repetitive and the whole composition screams Timbaland. Just through in some Timbaland adlibs and you could pass it off as a track from Shock Value.

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

Robot Boy. I like the lyrics, I like the synth breakdown and I'm glad the band attempted a song like this. But they're difficult to pull off and after awhile the song tends to serve as background noise whenever I listen to the album. I wish they had spent a little more time making something really powerful out of that song. Not unlike The Day the World Went Away.

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I don't understand any hatred for Robot Boy. Repetitive lyrics is a common theme in the album especially in The Catalyst, which has less lyrics than Robot Boy. Robot Boy is awesome because it doesn't need to be polluted with crazy synths and digital cacophony, but it's a rather mellow psychedelic track that takes you into a spacey world. The message is amazing too. I can't ever skip this song. In fact, this song is so brilliant, it's probably better than anything or everything combined from the first two albums.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Empty Spaces.

Jacob

Jacob Guest

Robot Boy

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I knew Robot Boy would get the most. Intresting.

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

Robot boy. The song is good but I feel it's the weakest in comparison to the other's

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

A tie between Iridescent and The Messenger.

Reason: Too conventional, very radio friendly. The vocal melodies are good but nothing interesting in the instrumentation.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010