Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

But ATS was all out studio and that was 3 years. Honestly, with the music they're making now, I'm not sure how much they'll get done on a tour bus. But I could be dead wrong. Let's hope I am

2. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Not really, ATS was more like 2 years. They toured promoting MTM for a year and then pretty much jumped straight back into the studio to work on ATS.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I meant it was 3 years between the release of M2M to the release of ATS. Haha whatever I'll just enjoy ATS :)

4. Nameless

Nameless Well-Known Member

One guy at lplive asked me for the whole article translated in English, maybe it can be interesting for some of you:

"Rockol.it, an Italian website that keeps an eye on the international scene and good music, interviewed Chester Bennington, who right in the middle of the interview, referring to a question, rekindled the hope of all of us fans, discussing the almost certain probability of a date in Italy during the second half of the tour, in 2011.
    Here are some of the highlights of the interview:

Referring to A Thousand Suns:
    Yes, because we did not want to do the usual disc that you'd expect from Linkin Park, with the guitars well to the fore, vocals equally divided between rap songs and melody and electronics as an ornament. We wanted to follow new paths, without thinking about the radio. With 'A Thousand Suns' we managed to get the same aggressiveness of our previous albums by means of a completely different atmosphere, managing to keep the guitars in the background in order to leave more space synths and samplers. For us it was a challenge that we feel we have won.
    The reviews on the new album are very 'biased'. Some people hated us at first but after hearing it they have become our fans while some of the original fans see it as a piece of crap. It does not bother us: we would have been really annoyed, actually, if people would have remained indifferent about our work. Which fortunately has not happened. Thank goodness, I would say, because we like the passion ...

And again, speaking of the production by Rick Rubin:
    Let's say he was a great captain. The captain sits in the dashboard and - to get where he wants to get - gives orders to the crew. That's how Rick worked with us. He understood where we wanted to go, and he gave us the right orders to get there. He has been rarely present in the studio with us, but his contribution was crucial.

Chester, then switches from the theme "New Album" to the theme "Live in China" as last year they made a stop in Macau and Shanghai :
    It 'was a fantastic experience, from all points of view ... "
    Even the restrictions under which the Beijing government submits to the artists who perform under its jurisdiction?
    Well, we have not given that too much importance. The important thing was to be there. Then, of course, the Minister of Culture gives you the directives. He asks you to not spit on the audience? You do not spit. It tells you to not say 'fuck' or take off your shirt? You do not say 'fuck' or take off your shirt. At the end of the day you achieve big changes in small steps. In Shanghai the entire audience was surrounded by an impressive police cordon: the agents, however, smiled at all during the concert, and enjoyed the show.

And here we get to the subject of a concert in Italy:
    Do not worry: we will stay on the road until the end of 2011, and we will certainly go in Italy - a place where we always had a wonderful time. Sooner or later we will pass by there, perhaps at a festival during the summer.

He then points out, talking about the spreading of their music:
    In America only, a download of our record out of 2 is illegal. And usually the TV does not play your game, with fleeting appearances on David Letterman Show. The rock radios? Fifteen years ago in America about 60 million people listened to them, now it's probably about 15. That's why the Web, video games, films and others have become essential today: If your goal is to make as many people as possible listen to your music, then you have to come to terms with it. Trying to give your best makes you immune from this risk. Take 'Sgt Peppers' by The Beatles: even if it came out today, nobody would say that is a dated record. It's the live shows that trap you in time. Think about the clichés of the 70's, the 'Mirrorball', or the sets the 80's. The live show forces you to continously look for new ideas, to measure the distance from the past, because every trinket, every scene, every stage set automatically imprisons you in a certain period. And we leave the trappings and settings to Beyonce.

To the question "Are Linkin Park going to become the rock stars of the new millennium?", Bennigton replies:
    No, we do not have that demand... We do not try to be the 'new generation' of rock stars. We just want to do our best to contribute to the evolution of music, and if this should serve as a source of inspiration to other bands ... Well, so be it.

The sincerity and honesty of Chester once again revives the spirits, especially with the great hint for a probable Italian show: finally something palpable said by a member of the band."

Thanks to Riccardo for the translation!

5. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I'm not to sure if I want them to tour until the end of 2011, not just so they can work on new music but depending on where they actually tour it may not be necessary.

6. Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

Of course they will tour more than a year, that's how you get money when you are an artist right now, not with CD sales...

7. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I can almost imagine the stations in asia:
    6x Japan
    2x Korea(maybe)
    1x Hong Kong
    1x Taiwan
    (maybe. 1x China Mainland, mostly Shanghai)
    And some south-east asia countries...

And they don't neet any tour buses now, they could just rent a local studio to record elements for the new album. This what they do during the making of A THOUSAND SUNS, if I get that right.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  8. Jake

Jake Give me reason

If they are touring that long, they should have had atleast two dates for India. Will I ever get to see these guys live?! :'(

9. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

10. hawk

11. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

12. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

13. MKH

14. MKH

15. swsrd

swsrd Active Member

16. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

17. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Last chance to bid on Honda Fury Motorcycle. It's hand-painted and signed by Mike Shinoda
    http://ow.ly/2Y2dS

Retweeted by Linkin Park from Music for Relief.

18. hawk

Holy awesome.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

*edit* Nvm lol.

20. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Isnt really news but something i want to ask. How the hell did Eminem's album sell 750,000 in the first week and LP sell 241,000? And now Talylor Swifts CD is expected to sell between 800,000-900,000 in the first week! This was brought up because some kid started arguing with me that Jay Z has sold way more albums then LP. After a hour of arguing and doing research LP won of course, even though he has 15 albums. Now he wants to argue about Kanye West next class..... noobs today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.