Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. danielakatoxic

danielakatoxic Active Member

Yea it is free on spike which is why I'm sort've glad. To be perfectly honest though I bet some of the local bars will still charge cover. Last weekend for Strikeforce Minus, my other buds, and I went out to watch it and they charged cover... but it was PPV.

2. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, how strange. I was aware they played them in the US at bars but didn't know they charged. They don't even show it in bars over here at all, maybe that will change one day.

3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

He means it WASN'T PPV. It was pretty stupid because the last Strikeforce event we went to, it was that exact same restaurant and they DIDN'T charge cover.

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Did anyone watch 120? SPOILERS: Wasn't the best card but there were some good fights. I was happy to see Condit KO Hardy, that was good. It was shame to see Sexyama lose to Bisping though, really hoped Sexyama could pull this one out. It was also oddly funny seeing him down for about 5mins from a nut shot. :lol:

Really looking forward to UFC 121 this Saturday. Been following Velasquez for a while now and think he might win. It will be a tough one to cheer for as I like both him & Brock, but, Velasquez has my vote probably. It's a good card, looking forward to it.

5. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Akiyama needs to drop to welterweight; he's just too small for 185. He also needs to spend less time in a tanning bed and more time improving his conditioning. I hate to see such a talented fighter continually fall short because of poor work ethic (otherwise known as "BJ Penn Syndrome").

6. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Lesnar's gonna kill somebody. Unfortunately for Cain, he's in the middle of Brock's warpath.

Either way, UFC wins. Lesnar retains, they have their top cash-cow still on the top of the heap. If Lesnar loses, Cain becomes the first Mexican-American Heavyweight champion in history, and a good reason to do a show or two in Mexico and make enough money to sink the Titanic again.

lul so wut about that wwe eh. NEXUS 4 LIFE

7. Tim

I'm hoping Cain wins, but I think size is going to play a major role in this fight. I'm excited to see what Cain's really made of, though.

8. danielakatoxic

it sucks that sexyama lost. he gassed, which is what happened the last time he fought. if he can get some good or decent cardio even he will be a much better fighter. on the bright side i got to see hardy get ko'd.

As for ufc 121 this coming weekend. I would like to see Cain take it. I'm not on the Brock hype train, but I will admit he is a GREAT athlete. They both are big dudes with good cardio, heavy hands, and good wrestling. basically this fight can end quickly or go all the way.

9. Minus

I missed 120 due to either sleeping or running errands. I found out the results from that guy's ^ tweet. I have basically the same opinion as he does.

10. danielakatoxic

mma-core.com will be your friend. Also with a combination of sherdogg.com you can look up rankings with all the wins and losses of a fighter. Don't remember that fight or didn't see it? Look it up on mma-core and voila! in reverse.

11. Minus

I will be adding those to my daily bored-at-work-surfing-the-internet rotation.

12. Tim

[​IMG]

13. $pvcxGhxztCasey

Cain is the new Heavyweight champ.

Undertaker was at 121, confronted Brock after the fight while 'Taker was being interviewed. Apparently, according to Dave Meltzer, Vince McMahon wants Lesnar/Taker at WrestleMania in Atlanta.

14. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I saw a video of that. I'd love that to happen but I doubt it will. I don't think WWE will ever let 'Taker lose his Wrestlemania streak, so there'd be no point giving Lesnar a hefty paycheck just to bring him in for one match that he'll lose. That said, stranger things have happened in the WWE.

15. $pvcxGhxztCasey

The amount of money alone that it could draw would be insane. It'd be Lesnar's return to WWE since 2004, he's still pretty popular, and he just lost his title so I COULD see it happening, but UFC has more to lose than gain if Dana agrees to it. Which I don't think he will, but I could see him getting a percentage of the buyrate/gate if it does happen. A small percent, but still.

It'd be a waste to do that, though. 'Taker doesn't have much steam left in the tank, every WM match now has to mean something. I rather it be Cena/Taker, but, alas...

16. danielakatoxic

Dana White already confirmed that Brock won't be going to WWE. If anything he will show up to comentate or to spectate. Apparently once Brock gets cleared he will jump back in the octagon ASAP.

As for the recent match. I'm glad Cain won. It shows that Brock isn't as good as everyone said he was.

17. Tim

Cain's first title defense will be against JDS. Now that is going to be a badass fight.

Oh, and after he bulldozes Koscheck, GSP is going to beat the ever-living shit out of Jake Shields.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  18. $pvcxGhxztCasey

would you honestly expect Dana to own up to something like that? He stands to make millions and millions if Lesnar goes to WWE, and from what I've heard, he's strongly considering it. Vince offered him a truckload for a one night only match.

19. Tim

The WEC is now officially merging with the UFC.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/10/28/dana-white-wec-ufc-to-merge-in-2011/

I'm ambivalent on this announcement. On the one hand, I'm happy that guys like Jose Aldo, Mike Brown, Korean Zombie, and Josh Grispi will get more recognition (and more money). On the other hand, though, I'll miss the WEC's stacked cards and overall superior product.

20. danielakatoxic

There is nothing bad with this merger. All this means is that all the WEC guys will fight and train harder than they already do. By being in the UFC come January it means more opportunity for money and a chance at a bigger audience. We will also get to see Ben Hendo fight the UFC guys. I mean really if you liked the WEC fight cards (which i agree with you on). Imagine the new fight cards. There will be no shitty fight cards anymore (i.e UFC 120 and 122). With so many good fighters and weight classes in one organization there can now always be a title fight.