Help LPAssociation.com Get An Exclusive Interview With Linkin Park!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Me niether. But it's better than nothing I guess.

We'll have to be representing moderator style though, Joe.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah, this is just going to create ugliness between LPL and LPA and make it seem like whatever site wins has "the better fans". I'm hoping this doesn't grow ugly.

But yes please guys, represent us. It would be an honor for us to represent you guys and ask the questions you want to hear. We'd fully integrate you guys into the Q&A and even mention screenames/real names in the interview.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

:awesome:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

now that sounds like a bribe :awesome:
    joking ;)

Benjamin

Technically, it is a bribe haha.

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

I wont mind representing you guys, but i haven't got any source to print it on any of my tshirt.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Don't worry about it. I'm not really concerning myself with this "competition". I hate the fact that it's even happening. I'm just looking to have a fun time and meet other LP fans, no matter which site they go to. I couldn't care less. As long as you're there for a good time, I'll be happy to hang out with anyone.

So if anyone from here is going, I will be glad to meet up with you guys and hang out if anyone else is up for it. :)

Derek

We originally moved this thread to "TRASH", however due to the fact the contest is still going on, we have been left with no other choice but to move it back to News.

Let it be stated for the record that we are completely and vehemently against the idea of this contest. In the past we have always supported LPU/LP/Machine Shop in everything they've done and always been on board for all ideas or cross-site promotions, but this is one idea we do not support due to the potential negative implications involved with running such a contest.

We feel that the idea of pitting fan sites against eachother in a form of "competition" for which fansite is superior or more well represented than the other, will not only breed negativity between the fan sites, but that the contest as a whole could turn what was once intended as a 'fun day out for the fans' into a full out brutal competition that will destroy the spirit of the Summit. Furthermore, we fear that the outcome of the contest could deteriorate relationships between the fan sites beyond any reasonable point of repair. It's just an odd idea for a contest, and we dread the ensuing site war that is bound to occur once this contest gets into full swing.

So it should go without saying that anybody who chooses to represent us at the Summit should do so in a peaceful and highly respectable manner. There should be absolutely no taunting of other fansites represented there, and anybody found to be going on 'competing' fan sites to cause trouble will face dire consequences (that could include or lead up to banning from the site).

Let's keep this a peaceful competition. We may not agree with the idea at all, but we don't want LPA to be represented poorly at the summit. So please, if you're representing LPA, do so in a respectful fashion and do not negatively engage another other fansite at the event. Thank you.

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

I totally support LPA, too bad i'm not going

aldanus

aldanus New Member

Actually, I am a active member of Linkin Park taringa. A community into Taringa website. But in this case I can help you. Is imposible to us to have this chance you are talking about, so, i think is hard to me to can help. At least I can retweet ;)

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

This.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I really hope this doesn't get ugly. I'll see what I can do about buying a t-shirt though :)

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

So...the basic idea of the competition is...which site has the richest members with the most time on their hands wins an interview? Why not base it on the merits of the site, not how many have the time and money to go to the Summit.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I think which ever site wins should allow some questions from other fansites and even mention them in the interview. This will hopefully eliminate any bad feelings. I don't think it will create any bad feelings at the actual Summit though because everyone will be super pumped up and won't really give a shit about who is supporting a fansite lol

Benjamin

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that didn't support this. Maybe they'll change this up a little after reading the feedback.

I find it strange that I see no news post regarding this on any other fan site..

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

They won't. It's already set in stone.

I wish I could go to the summit. I would gladly be a walking promotional tool for this website. But uhhh I'm not flying my ass over to London so...

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

There are always those people who will mock others in the name of competition, I really dont wish this to happen.
    But I'll surely wear a LPA shirt if I get and "behave" properly. :p
    BTW, how many people from LPA are confirmed going?

mizike

mizike Active Member

well

Well I wouldnt take it that far, I dont see it as creating such a crazy competition between the two sites, unless the members are just assholes. And I cant imagine there will be that many fans supporting either site with shirts to cause such a rucus, but I DO AGREE THE WINNER SHOULD HAVE BEEN BASED ON MERIT AND WHICH ONE WAS THE BEST WEBSITE RELATED TO LP.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

There's internet bitching and real life bitching. I'm sure there are immature idiots out there who will bitch via the internet but I doubt they are even going to the Summit.

People at the Summit will hopefully be friendly and not bitchy as we are all LP fans and we are paying good money to attend the Summit and have fun. Let us not take this competition too seriously :)

Derek

I want anybody who's an LPUer who can make it from London to represent us. After I finish updating my PC, I'm gonna post the full size graphics for you guys to print out on paper to tape to yourselves. We need to rep the LPA hardcore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.