LPU Summit & London Shows

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Today marks the first day of the back to back Linkin Park shows in London, England at the O2 Arena. In conjunction with this the LPU are holding their first ever LPU Summit which will take place in the daytime before each show. The first day of the Summit has already kicked off today with the MFR volunteering such as tree planting & the LPU Football Cup. Tomorrow wil see the LPU members have a chance of meeting LP, playing their instruments, getting backstage and seeing their tour bus amongst other things.

The LPUX CD tracklist will also be unveiled at the summit, so expect that by the end of tomorrow. It's already been rumoured from first day attendees that the CD will contain Xero demos & A Thousand Suns demos. More info as that comes. What do you want to see on the CD? Let us know on the boards!

Who's heading to the Summit and repping LPA? Who's headed to the show tonight or tomorrow? Let us know how it goes on the forums!

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I attended the MFR tree planting event a few hours ago, it was really nice to meet LP fans, people who work for MFR and also met a guy who works with LP called Eddie who gave us all some prizes too :D it was a signed LP photo, MFR bandana, guitar pick, stickers and cards.

I didn't go to the Soccer event but I'm making my way to the show very soon. I'M SO EXCITED! I will be posting up pics and my experience of the Summit tomorrow. The main event sounds like it's going to be really good. I'll see some of you guys there tomorrow too! :awesome:

p.s. I've told people to join LPA :p

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I am so stoked to hear what the tracklist is gonna be. I hope we'll find some ATS demos and Meteora b-sides, but I realize that's only wishful thinking.

Joe

Awesome, sounds like you had fun! Hope you have a great time at the show tonight and I might even see you tomorrow! I'm in two minds to go at the moment, but if I do I'll let you know.

Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Edbert

Edbert Well-Known Member

OMG I seriously wish I was one of those attendees going to the LPU summit instead of having to sit for my freaking chemistry exam tomorrow. Cheers to all you lucky fans!

Joe

Definitely, other than to meet Ree & Luke and other LPA members, that would be the other main reason to go. It's also going to be available in limited quantities so I'll do my best to get one if I go.

Ree

Aww try and come to the Summit Joe, I know it's long for you to come down here but it will be fun!

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

new songs would be great, no matter from which era.

Ree

Agreed. I think I'm most excited about ATS demos though!

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

This

Joe

Yeah, I would really like to but I'm having a minor health issue right now but I'll see how I feel tonight.

Yeah, I've not been blown away by any demo / b-side since No Roads Left. Across The Line, Pretend To Be, Blackbirds & Not Alone did nothing for me really, so in that regard I'd be more looking forward to the ATS demos.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well, if it's Xero demos...it's all but assumed we're getting Pictureboard. Astat found something a couple months back where that song was registered in a music database of some sort, suggesting that release of the track was very imminent.

But yeah, if ANYBODY finds out the tracklist and has confirmation of it...tell us immediately. We want it for LPA!

Joe

I thought Pictureboard had been on that list for over a year, so I wouldn't count on it too much.

There's probably so many demos we don't even know about, it's just that people constantly connect and ask for names they have heard of before (like Pictureboard), but I don't really care too much about it. It's what we don't know about that intrigues me.

CCtjehh

CCtjehh Because we love them

I'm gonna say this forever... I WANT(ed) TO BE THERE! but have fun y'all! and xero demos would be awesome but I think just the songs like spell it out wouldn't be bad either cuz I can't find those songs in good quality... and new songs are great too :) I just think the awesomest thing in the world would be like a song which contains a little bit of every album. Probably hard to make but I'm sure they could do that. That would kick some butts :p

Derek

Well what's interesting, is that Mike (when asked about Xero) had said they had recorded only 4 tracks...and those were the tracks we heard on the sampler tape. However; rumored setlists from that "Cypress Hill Ft. Xero" show at The Whiskey, have stated the band performed a few songs we know from Xero, and at least two we didn't.

History states that the first song Chester wrote with the band was And One, but nobody ever said what songs were sung on the "Audition Tape" Chester sent in, or what happened to that tape to begin with. What if we'll finally hear Chester's audition demos with the band? I'm very sure due to sentimental value that Chester/the band probably held onto those tracks, and it's even more likely that before they went into writing the Hybrid Theory EP, that they likely re-recorded some Xero tracks to see how Chester would sound on them. After all, there was a Stick And Move demo from 98 that makes it newer than what we heard on the Xero Sampler tape.

This is pretty exciting.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I'm super stoked to hear this Xero demo(s). A Thousand Suns demos? Not so much, but mainly because Mike stated that so much of the album was automatic writing, a lot of the final songs are either the first version or very close to it. But Xero demos? DAMN. BRING. IT. ON.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Ah its such a shame that i can't get a ticket to go (LPU won't let me get one for some stupid technical reason) :(

But anyway, its not the end of the world. I'm more itching to see/hear the LPUX CD and its tracklist. I really hope it tops LPU9. Its a huge possiblity it might!

& I want LPA to be the first to know! :awesome:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'm going to guess the ATS demo is going to be a demo of blackout.

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Alright these Pre-HT demos are disappointing. I don't find Xero good at all so already a section of this album won't be my cup of tea, but the A Thousand Suns demos, that's a plus!

Derek

You might not, but a large percentage of the LP fanbase has been begging the band to release pre-Hybrid Theory demos for years. Even to realize songs they've never heard before from the Xero days (i.e. Pictureboard). So the reveal that Xero demos are possibly coming out is a big thing to a lot of people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.