LPUX Tracklist

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 11, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boombox

Boombox Member

I think they've been leaked on YouTube now.

2. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Some of these songs sound finished. My favourite one is "Pale" with "What We Don't Know" being a close 2nd.

3. ShurpB

ShurpB Active Member

For those of you who were wondering what was the 1st time song LP played yesterday,
    Mike just posted this on his Twitter:
    "@m_shinoda
    MIke Shinoda
    And for those confused about the song (version) we played today for the 1st time: "Leave Out All The Rest Acoustic." Unrehearsed, BTW. LPU!"

anyhow, Sick playlist...i wonder if they'll play that one or the one they used to play all along the tour in Israel, can't wait! i have VIP seats ;P

4. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Unfortunate sounds like a predecessor of Breaking The Habit (the beat-and-string combination).
    What We Don't Know is nice, better than Pretend to Be.
    Pale reminds me of Kenji somehow, the latter part is awesome. mixture of lockjaw
    Halo is beast.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  5. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Mike sang I Have Not Begun already!!!

With The Roots...

In that concert he joined them... he sang some lines of I Have Not Begun!!!
    Cool.... we kind of have a live version already!!!

6. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

wow.... listened to the CD and just.... I am disappoint. Only "two" new songs. yes, yes, there are 10 'unheard songs' there, but the WID is not new and heard Pretend To Be earlier this year and then scratch off the list the 6 instrumentals and we have 2 new songs. I guess it's catered heavy to all the fans that whined and cried they wanted more rapping tracks and joe hahn instrumentals :lol:. I do like the instrumentals and the two new songs we DO have are pretty sweet, I love them, but I was hoping for 'finished' demos in terms of songs that had vocals, etc. now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to go whine in a corner and listen to those tracks :lol:

7. Dark_Ganon

Dark_Ganon Well-Known Member

I think Linkin Park would have made a really great pop/rock band. I am really happy that it did not went that path and that they take parts of their music from metal/rap/electroic etc. But i have to say LP really have a great formula of doing great songs from the pop/rock genre. Pretend to be, what we don't know and similar songs from MtM are just great, wish we could get more kind of that music.

8. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Pale made me pale.

LPUX is the best LPU CD in a whole DECADE!!

9. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

someone already saw Bleed It Out live from Madrid proshot? SOMEONE SAW THAT FREAKING AMAZING "A PLACE FOR MY HEAD PERFORMANCE"?!?!

10. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Ah man, I must say I'm quite gutted with not making the LPU summit. what with the band playing acoustic songs & a soundcheck & all! :(

But anyway, yes! We have LPUX finally! Shame there not offical b-sides though & are mostly instrumentals. But as long as the're awesome I dont care what they are. (although, the WID remix is a letdown. It was already on the BIO single AND the MTM tour edition! We already have it on TWO CDS!!!!)

Regardless, I'm still hugely looking forward to hearing it... hopefully it'll be as good as LPU9 ;)

oh, and the album cover is SICK. a mix of all 4 studio albums. how awesome is that!?

11. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I heared it and i think is cool. I have not Begun inspired me the most from the title and date and well.. the rap is amazing! To hear Mike rapping 3 minutes non stop without choruses is pretty damn kick-ass. I think for me it was the highlight with Halo. Coal is not bad lol.

A HUGE disappointment goes instead to WID remix.. why you might ask? Maybe many doens't know, but i bought a certain "Minutes to Midnight - Tour Edition", just for the sake of having No Roads Left (But One) on cd, and the second of 3 "special" tracks on there is exactly that remix of WID, so i have it since 2008, thanks lol. It would have been a better image to keep it down to 9 songs then or just put another -from their huge library- demo.The other instrumentals are nice. Demos, feels like them, and is what we asked for, and some of them are quite nice really. "What we don't Know" is "ok"...
    Pretty incredible how many versions Points of Authority gone through.. this is the less impressive i guess.. but the most different, which is appreciated!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  12. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I gonna think you never said that..

13. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

You-Are-Kidding---right-?--????

Remove the vocals from ATS and tell me the music isn't like 250% more complicated or intriguant than the stuff they did early...
    Then paste the vocals again and tell me you don't prefer Mike's more maturity, Chester's melody.

14. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Because Linkin Park is owned (yes, owned) by the biggest record label in the world.

Lots of pressure to release the more mainstream sounding stuff.

15. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Warner still has control over LPU albums. So that is an irrelevant statement.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

That, actually, is a false statement. At least I'm pretty sure...

17. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

So is there anyway to get this CD if your not actually at the LPU Summit? DO we know when you can order it online?

18. Cody_Wayne

Cody_Wayne Member

They are supposed to put it up for sale online. When? No one knows because no one tells us anything until it is already there.

19. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That was the case up through LPU7, and possibly LPU8 too, but I know for a fact that Mike has been directly involved in the selection process for the material on the last 2 LPU CDs.

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I respect your opinion in the above post, but the lyrics are actually "Detect the mesh of many elements compressed down, the melting-pot of a super-futuresque sound".

Just an FYI lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.