Abu Dhabi, UAE - 11,13,2010

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 13, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Tonight Linkin Park will be heading to the United Arab Emirates to play for the Formula 1 Grand Prix showcase at the Yas Marina Circuit, a 16,000 seated amphitheatre where the band will play after the on-track activity has concluded. In the midst of the World Tour the band will play two shows in the Middle East, Abu Dhabi; tonight & Tel Aviv Israel; November 15th, before having a break and concluding the tour in Australia which begins December 3rd in Brisbane and runs for a total of 8 dates before ending in Sydney; December 15th.

The band just finished up their European tour which saw the band play the same set-list throughout the 16 show leg, only switching up Papercut/Lying From You & The Messenger/Leave Out All The Rest on certain dates, not including the special A Place For My Head performance at the Paris show. However the band did completely change the set for their final night in London on November 11th, opening with Fallout/The Catalyst and closing with One Step Closer, as well as incorporating From The Inside into the set for the first time on the tour!

It will be interesting to see how this show turns out as it's a completely new and unique location for the band. Chester has said that he expects the two shows in the Middle East to be different in that they may switch up the set (Read Article - Here), but just how different will they be? Will the band choose to play the same set they have been playing or modify it slightly? What songs will or won't they play?

Are you attending the show? Let us know on the forums!

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Points of Authority wasn't played last night. It was on the setlist but was replaced with No More Sorrow.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Was about to say the same thing.

Joe

Damn, ofcourse it was. I was told this last night but forgot all about it, thanks a lot. :)

Benjamin

So different how? Are they going to be funny about saying "God Bless Us Everyone" or something? Because they shouldn't...

Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

Aaaand it wasn't No More Sorrow's first outing on the tour either... :lol:

Joe

Who knows, obviously there's been some controversy about these shows and even people speculating that the band will play some of their more softer songs without cursing and such, but I can't see that happening to be honest. I'm sure they will go out and play like they always do, Chester was merely covering all bases I guess.

Benjamin

Yeah I'm not to sure why it'd be different to curse in the Middle East than it would be in Europe. But I'm not sure they would need to change songs completely. Just say "freak" instead of the other word.

Joe

Yeah exactly.

You can read that article - Here, for anyone who wants to see what Chester said about switching it up. Bare in mind, that article is incredibly bad and it was a while back :lol: The set-list quote is the only worthwhile thing in there for definite. :lol:

I think they may just go out and do what they've been doing all this tour to be honest.

Benjamin

Yall oughta stop talkin start tryin to catch up mothafreaker.....That sounds horrible haha. "Try to catch up stupid person"? Guys, WTCFM doesn't have a good shot at being played :lol:.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Let's hope for a proshot of this concert :awesome:

Allah bless us everyone
    We're a loaded people living under loaded gun? o_O

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Fixed :awesome:

Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

"Yall oughta stop talking and start trying to catch up!", just ending at 'catch up' could work, I do that when I'm singing the song outloud when I'm at school

Benjamin

Lame, but it works :lol:

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

F1 finale...and LP playin at Yas Marina..man dat wud a dream if i wud be der....

does any1 kno if they are telecatsin a bit on sports channel ? :D

RUS-UAE

RUS-UAE Member

I am going! So excited) I think it is OK, the will play songs with explicit lyrics, cause yesterday, Kanye West, on same stage was singing "don't give a F*CK" and "shit" almost for all show) I don't think that show will broadcasted or even recorded. So waiting for the "Ketchup MOFO" =)

Pow

Pow Member

Waiting For The End was just used on the highlight reel at the end of the qualifying session here in the UK :D Took me by surprise at first... until I realised they're playing there tonight :p

Benjamin

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
    Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

I thought they would play hands held high tonight. Heh, it would be funny if they played it in Israel...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.