LPUX CD Talk

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Benjamin, Nov 12, 2010.

wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

ana why do you write in yellow...that doesn't fit to the white background ^^ have to mark it to read it

btt.
    Halo and Pale are my favourites. But what we don't know is great too. They should replace PTB, WID and the POA demo with some other demo's....however a good LPU CD. same level as LPU9 imo

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

[​IMG]

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Some of the instrumentals -- "Halo" and "Pale" in particular -- could have been fleshed out into great songs, but, for the most part, it sounds like a bunch of dull, half-baked tracks that would only interest die-hard fans.

Interesting, nevertheless.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
    wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

That's the point of demo's ^^

Tim

Well, of course the songs are going to sound unfinished (they are demos, after all). However, like Dean said, I can understand why most of these tracks fell by the wayside -- they're forgettable.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

A lot of these wouldn't sound forgettable if they added fucking vocals.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

It's hilarious the kind of expectations people put on these LPU CDs. Why do people feel the need to point out the obvious with every post and tell us they are disappointed with the lack of completion of the songs or that they aren't that great? What are you seriously expecting from demos of songs that didn't appear on any of their albums? That's what demos sound like.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I don't get some Linkin Park fans.They bitch about wanting demos so LP delivers. Then they bitch that they are well... DEMOS. They are demos for a reason! It means they sucked and Linkin Park really didn't like them! Why would they go back and add vocals? These songs obviously didn't get to a stage where they even felt like putting vocals on them. Fans can't be pleased.

You want a LPU cd with 15 tracks, all demos, from every CD. You want them to be all awesome WITH vocals on them. Like, really, they delivered what you wanted and people are made the songs are ground breakingly awesome and are mostly instrumental.

Benjamin

Except we know there's demos out there with vocals already. We heard at least 2 from Meteora and we heard Grecian from Minutes to Midnight. And I'm sure there's more.

I admit, I was a little harsh. The instrumentals are okay, but overall they could have done better with the CD.

Tim

I've never bitched about wanting demos, nor have I ever had high expectations for an LPU package (or any expectations, for that matter). Just giving my objective opinion.

For heaven's sake, don't lump me in with those people. :p

EDIT: I love instrumental music, actually. But if people are allowed to love these demos, why can't I be unimpressed? If anything, I'm only empathizing with the band; I understand why most of these tracks were left incomplete.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
    Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Wait, what? :blink:

Benjamin

Watch the making of Meteora.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Vocals are very overrated.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I really wanted them to release that piano-driven song from the make of Meteora. That shit was out of the world.

Justin V.

The one with Rob drumming? I agree. I was hoping it would be on LPUX.

1:30 in for those who don't know what we're talking about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aGdttSVorU&feature=related

Justin V.

I wasn't trying to lump anyone in but what I meant to say was in the end, I'm always 99% unimpressed with Linkin Park Demos. The only good demos they have are fully realized songs that just didn't make an album. Other than that most of the demos are meh. Half this stuff I wouldn't even call true demos. A.06 (Long Version) was pretty much a completed track with no vocals.

It just annoys me when some people complain lol. I admit I would like more demos of a certain type (Meteora Drum Test) but they can't read our minds. Who knows if stuff got accidentally deleted or wiped or who knows. Believe me, I'm unimpressed with almost all of the LPU CDs save half a dozen songs. I was mainly talking about those with unrealistically high hopes that say this sucks. I was not expecting world class, musically amazing demos. Some people were lol

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Wow. Halo wasn't a full song, why? Or just, an instrumental on MTM or something.

What We Don't Know has some pretty cool guitar work too.

Benjamin

Well you technically just complained in the first half of your post. But it's fine, the majority agrees with that.

Regarding "they can't read our minds", I say bullshit. They lurk the fan sites. They know what we want. We've been begging for Meteora bsides/demos (the ones on the making of DVD) for years. We've asked for Grecian from M2M. We've even asked for Pictureboard. And I think they know that 90% of us aren't going to be like :awesome: with an overload of instrumentals. I think there's something we don't know. There must be some legal reason why we can't get what we truly want. And when I say we, I mean 90% of the fan base.

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

Dumbledore always speaks the truth.

20. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

in case LP are lurking, as you say:

I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate instrumentals.