LPUX CD Talk

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Benjamin, Nov 12, 2010.

1. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Warner still has to approve everything they release.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Warner and the LPU aren't affiliated with each other. And if they were, it'd be pointless for Warner as they wouldn't get any money from it.

3. Ant

Ant Ambient

To copy and paste what I put in the track listing news thread:

Not really a big fan of LPUX. It's basically the same as LPU9, just a bit longer. It'd be cool if they could record vocals for the demos, but I understand them not wanting to given the fact that they want to move on and the costs associated with recording new vocals for all these tracks. I'm also a bit let down it's just kind of simple beats for the instrumentals -- for the most part, there's not really much build up like in, say, a Nine Inch Nails instrumental. It'd have been cool if there was more of an actual rock element to some of them, like A-Six.

Also, I would love if they just made 5 additional tracks -- maybe one even being an instrumental -- whenever they make a new album, and just make those the next LPU CD. That would be amazing. Think something like Coldplay's "Prospekt's March", but for LPU.

4. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

This might be why they don't release b-sides though. Warner must own all the rights to Linkin Park's music, so LP probably does need their permission when releasing music.

Maybe Warner figures they should keep all the b-sides for some sort of future release? I dunno.

5. Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

you weren't alone on that one...

anyway i found the cd kinda enjoyable. most of the stuff won't find its way in my playlist but "pale" alone is so damn epic. it gives me goosebumps all the time. the ending reminds me of the reanimation version of "pushing me away" somehow... i really like PTB and WWDK. too bad those weren't on any releases!

though, i don't get what's so special about "halo"? the guitar melody sounds like a really bad improvisation and apart from that the whole song is pretty dull. there is nothing that stands out much.

6. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Why do you think they don't get any money from it? They make money from everything Linkin Park puts out. They also get final say on what LP puts out.

7. projectfallback

projectfallback Well-Known Member

In regards to the lyrics for I Have Not Begun posted by Justin V.

I listened to the song and heard the exact same stuff before seeing this, except for a few lines. If yours are the official lyrics then all good, otherwise I think that the lines are:

Mecha, master carry you out on a stretcher/ > Make a mess then carry you out on a stretcher

Bet the flow I'm on the grind for the sake of my moms/ > Bet the farm on the ryhme for the sake of my moms

When I give it to you, give it right back and then go/ > When I give it to you, give it right back and it goes/

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  8. SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

"What We Don't Know" is my favorite so far.

9. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Been waiting on that one since Meteora's release. Would really love for them to release it some day.

10. Cinemamonster

Cinemamonster Are you watching closely?

I love Meteora instrumentals.
    At first, my favourite LPUX song was I Have Not Begun, but now I like those instrumentals more.
    Great LPU CD.

11. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Perfect corrections. Those lines make MUCH more sense now lol

12. PirateMuffinDaniel

PirateMuffinDaniel Active Member

Hey guys, sorry for this "n00b"-ish question but,
    Does anyone know if lpux is only available from the lp site?
    I remember buying lpu9 from Newbury Comics CD store for about $25.
    I'd have no problem buying lpux from the site but I don't want to bother my dad about buying online when I could just buy it from a store by myself.

13. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

You have to buy it online.

14. PirateMuffinDaniel

PirateMuffinDaniel Active Member

Thanks. Will do.
    :3

15. biscuitmix

biscuitmix Active Member

I might have a problem with the LPUX CD. Basically, I ordered the non-annual LPUX member CD because at the moment, I can't pay something every month that's not a bill. Anyways, I ordered the CD on Nov. 20 and the confirmation email said it was shipping on Nov. 27. Well, the problem is, as far as I can tell, the CD hasn't shipped yet, BUT my card was charged on Nov. 23 as if the CD had shipped. I've even emailed Top Spin or Band Merch or whoever is in charge of shipping the CD asking about my order. No reply. Should I wait longer and email someone else? Or was I just screwed out of $20? Also, has anyone else in the US had a problem similar to this?

16. seannfma1

seannfma1 Member

Im used to be obsessed with this cd, but with every LPU cd i get tired and only listen to 1, which in this case is "What We Don't Know"