Least favorite song on ATS (interludes excluded)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Polychromatic, Oct 21, 2010.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Robot Boy and Blackout. Both just seem kinda lazy.

XeroEP

XeroEP Banned

I can't stand Robot Boy.. The rest of the album is great. Robot Boy just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the record. It really is the ugly duckling track lmao. I like Blackout, I feel it could have been a smash hit if it had heavy guitars and beat.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Robot boy for sure. It is so repetitive it puts me to sleep. I honestly love every other song. Even the messenger, it is starting to be a favorite on the album and I hated it at first. I like the catalyst to be honest, I think it would have been the perfect ender to the album. WFTE i think is a good direction to take there rap/rock career. Iridescent I think is lyrically there best song, wish they would have kept the instruments down on the chorus though. W&K is also a good rap/rap song.

If linkin park was still trying to make a classic rap/rock album. I think songs like WFTE,W&K, and The Catalyst would be the perfect direction to take it. I think if they decided to turn the verses of BITS into rap it could be another good rap/rock song

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Robot Boy is not boring at all in my opinion. For those who like In Between but dislike Robot Boy, I'm speechless.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Robot Boy is boring in the sense that it is the most boring of all the A Thousand Suns songs.

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

But it is not. Overall, the song is expressed in a simple tone but the breakdown and wailing at the end with the monontone singing says it all. It's literally like a robot malfunctioning. Boring? Burning In The Skies.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

People who dislike either should be hunted down with dogs. But that's just me.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Robot Boy and In Between are nothing alike. Robot Boy should feel insulted to be put next to such terrible company.

And finally somebody who uses logical reasoning:

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Boring instrumentation ^? Not at all. The buildup of Iridescent is amazing. The drums get louder and more emotional, the synth pad and piano are slowly and steadily joined by new sounds, and the ending explosion is perfect.

The Messenger keeps it simple and to the point with the acoustic guitar and harmonium. The piano adds that delicate touch. Sorry to hear these songs didn't have 80 layers apiece.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I wasn't agreeing with them, but they at least brought up real reasons why they didn't like the songs.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

The buildup in Iridescent is just OK for me. Nothing really awe-inspiring or exceptional. I do not dislike that song though, just my least favorite (as the thread title suggests); same with The Messenger. In The Messenger, the simplicity of the guitars is drowned by the over-the-top vocals. Yeah, Chester can hit those notes, but it sounds... wrong. :huh:

And well Robot Boy, I understand some people won't like the song because it has laid-back vocals, and is not vocally driven. There's no catchy chorus, no bridge. Not a sing-y song either, because the melody just repeats. But when I listen to the song it feels like the vocals are just in the background. This is one of the songs that I think they really did take a risk. They can insert a catchy radio chorus here or a fancy bridge there but they didn't do it. The end product sounds ethereal, airy, spacious, dreamy, introspective and spiritual. :cool: And there's Jornada del Muerto for the bonus.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

With Iridescent, as much as I do love the song, I definitely see why Mike originally was leaning away from the song. The instrumental sounds almost identical to Shadow Of The Day at parts. However, it is definitely an uplifting song, which is why I think it will remain in my top ten. As for my least favorite, that's a hard one, but I'm gonna have to say The Catalyst. It's not a song I find that stands up on it's own, but works a LOT better when it is in the album as a whole.

When I listen to just one track only: The Catalyst. It's really repetitive especially the "lift me up, let me go" part.
    But when I listen to the whole album it just shines. It's the climax of the album really.

When I listen to the whole album: Burning in the skies.

I personally love Robot Boy. It's really soothing.

Blackbirds_

Blackbirds_ Member

Robot Boy. Loved it in the beginning because of the lyrics but now it's the least favourit for me.

Saelie

Saelie Active Member

Robot Boy.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I've changed my answer to The Messenger from Wretches and Kings. WaK has a bad ending, but the rest of the song is like :awesome:. The Messenger is still very good, but it's really just another acoustic song. It's been done before, but it's awesome to see Linkin Park exploring that genre a little. I also don't like how short it is.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The Catalyst.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

What is this I don't even....

Nah I respect your opinion. It's my favorite song but I'll try not to take it personally :lol:

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Don't worry. It's still someone's favorite song, it just happened to be his/her least favorite.:rolleyes:

The Robot Boy that I :wub: is getting butchered here; still, no worries. It's my winter song even though I'm in the tropics. :awesome:

AIDS

AIDS Banned

The Messenger, oversung like hell