SCANS: Kerrang! 26 Page Linkin Park Special Edition

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Well we know what actually happened was that Chester took demos on the day that he received them, recorded his voice over the song and then played it back to Mike over the phone. And it was those songs in particular, so I think the magazine misunderstood what he was saying. Typical press thing to do.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, he did; nu-metal died rather than evolved so, to Chester, the connotation isn't good. ;P

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

That was a good read. Thaaaaanks for the scans !

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Although I love ATS, I gotta agree to the last page saying that Mike was too dominant on the album, I don't mind him singing at all but there's just a bit too much piano in the record.

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

I remember an interview in which Mike had said that before they were big, this famous band treated LP like shit in one of the tour they were together ( he didn't mention the name of the band).
    Now after reading the first few pages I feel that band was Papa Roach.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I forget who told me but apparently while Jacoby appreciates Mike as musician, the two bands haven't gotten along for a while and the guys of PR aren't too fond of LP. They toured together but that's about as far as the relationship went.

It could all be BS as far as I know, but it's what I've heard.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Well, a week or two ago while I was shopping I flicked through the issue of Kerrang that was current at the time, and they had an article on the tenth anniversary of HT. It doesn't necessarily prove anything but there was a column in there where people from other bands were talking about why they liked the album/the band, and one of them was Jacoby from Papa Roach.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    Derek

Well then I am confused. :lol:

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Aha! Mike's a fan of the Beatles!!!! :D

burnic

burnic Member

glad you all enjoyed it guys :) hope to see a lot more of you later as well
    personally if keep an eye on Hybrid Theory - KKKKK

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

Hey Chandan :)

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Damit, whether its just me or not, but i don't know what up with LPA's gallery. It crops about a quater of the right side of each image and the "next" tab is completly missing (i have to keep going back to thumbnails to view the next scan)

But anyway, I'll probably pick up the mag during the week or so, I'll read it eventually.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I had the same problem, when using IE. Loaded it in Firefox and it worked fine. Might wanna try a different browser ;)

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Maybe he does just like their music but not them as people. Or maybe he was just sucking up haha.

Derek

What browser are you using? IE? If so what version?

Better yet, if you ARE using IE, for the love of god please use firefox/chrome. IE is a piece of garbage and was a nightmare to code this site for. It renders differently than any other browser out there.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

if i recall correctly this band was "union underground". did read this not along ago.

anyway, after reading this, i gained much more respect for the lyrics of "given up" and almost everything from "out of ashes". seriously, didn't know chester was THAT fucked up in the later years of the band...

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Agree, didn't know he was such a mess back then, and even tour in another bus from the guys.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Mike's face/eyes is funny haha !

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Why do people think Mike is the sole creator of A Thousand Suns like the other band members had no input? I am curious as to why? You say because of the piano but if you went by that, its such a small percentage of the overall album, it barely even registers. And if you think he's very dominant on this album, what makes you think he wasn't equally dominant on the others? What about this album made you finally take notice? Was it because he started singing? If i recall, on the last album, people were complaining that there wasn't enough Mike because he rapped on only two songs. And then some fans reviewed ATS before its release as Fort Minor featuring Linkin Park(i laughed at the silliness of that one) What sort of measurements do people actually base this opinion on? Are you in the studio with them writing the song? What makes you so sure?

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I would never guess he was that fucked up, even in LPTV or any videos he never seemed high or messed up. When he did a interview with Ryan(DBS) he said he never drank or smoked before shows because he never did anything to mess up live performances, he always did it after the shows. Anyways, I feel bad for him from going from being broke to being in a huge band making to successful ass records(Lots of money) and then have all that money takin away to barely being able to afford cloths.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.