Random Thoughts 24

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Louis, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Ok, try it now :)

2. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

The wonders of technology today.....

EDIT:yes it works now, thank you.

3. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Cool, glad that fixed it. Having an SSH client on your phone can come in handy :lol:

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Everything working good? If so, time to make a push for more updates :D.

5. Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

hey everyone.
    i got a facebook meesage from hawk and he said to tell you guys he is sorry, and don't make a fuss about it because he was reading rt after he was banned.
    so yeah.

6. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I'll say if i encounter something else, mmmK?

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Mmk :).

*Updated Twitter*

8. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Damn it, while I was watching Harry Potter (great movie), I missed another ban.

Oh, and Emma Watson is the hottest chick to walk this earth. Just sayin :awesome:

9. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

:FUUUUUU: HIGH FREQUENCY NOISE!!!!!! X_X

10. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

She's such a babe. I want her now.

11. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Right. The context is what matters. So is it not hypocritical to look beyond context when making that infraction? Clearly the context of "gay" was not negatively directed toward any human being. If you think "gay" is always negative, that's not really fair to the people who think "ugly" or "fat" are always negative. Where are the infractions for those? The rules are clearly flawed. There are always people who will be offended by certain words. It's impossible to cater to everyone. And it's unfair to cater to certain people and not others. What really needs to happen is for people to get tougher skin if certain words really bother them that much. That's what happens in the real world. Is this some safehaven where we're trying to stay sheltered from how everyday people talk?

I'm not trying to be a prick to anyone. I'm just merely trying to point out how insulting it is to be confined to such ridiculous rules while trying to participate on a forum with other members I enjoy discussing things with. There should be obvious times when people should be banned. Spammers, bullies, trolls; Members that are bringing the quality of the forum down. Surely mods serving out infractions aren't mindless drones that have to follow a spreadsheet while determining if somebody is in the wrong. Use your heads, guys/gals.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  12. Jeff

In all due respect, I do like Hawk and all, he is an awesome person, he was asked repeatedly not to say those words, and was given fair warning . . .

13. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

travz, you really should drop it. What's done is done. :peace:

14. Jeff

Andrea, your avatar is awesome. Just wanted to put that out there :lol:

15. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 = BOSS. I honestly would not have minded sitting in my DBOX seat for 4 hours to see the whole movie at once, but, oh well. Just 8 months...

16. Andrea

@Jay: Why thank you lol. I'm a huge Spongebob fan. :)

17. Jeff

Although, those things on their heads make them look like Choda Boy and Choda Dog :quagmire: GIGGITY!

nah, just playing

18. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

He used "gay" as a derogatory term. Basically as a synonym to shit, annoying and other associated words. That's offensive.
    Exactly. You just created a nice paradox there. If it's impossible to cater to everyone then we'll never win. There will always be someone to complain.
    Not everybody in the everyday world talks like that and most certainly doesn't use the term "gay" as a way to describe something negative. It's inappropriate and can be offensive. People can use other terms to put across the same point without being derogatory.
    You agreed to the rules when you signed up. If they're so ridiculous then just don't come here. But seriously, is it really SO hard to not use the term "gay" and "retarded" as slurs?
    He must have been given about 15 chances overall. a lot we didn't even warn for. He had ample chances to learn from his mistakes it's unreal. He must have been given the most chances out of anyone here. Ever. Thanks for the nice comments and all but yeah, maybe you should direct your "use your head" comments towards the guy who broke the rules on a regular basis.

He always has the chance to dispute his ban anyway. I'm not sure why you're continuing this on, I liked Hawk too and it's shit that he's gone, but you know, there's a time when you can only warn so many times before giving another infraction. He had A LOT of chances, and direct PM's telling him he's close to his third. He didn't listen and unfortunately got banned. It's a shame but that's how it is. I can't believe I've dragged myself into this shit either, I don't like that he's gone but sadly this happens sometimes. Thanks for your thoughts though. We'll keep it in mind.

19. Andrea

Check and mate.

20. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Andrea, what the hell are Patrick and Spongebob wearing on their heads...? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.