SCANS: Kerrang! 26 Page Linkin Park Special Edition

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm trying and failing to put my answer to this into words ... but one thing I can say is Shinoda's the producer in the band and "A Thousand Suns" features far more studio trickery than any other album the band has made so far.

I don't quite recall what it was that made us go "okay, from now on, if it's sonically adventurous, it must be Shinoda" but something did ... and, now, we just say he's the dominant creative force within the band. :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

But he had that kind of involvement in MTM and that's not an album considered a "mike" album. I think people keep associating band members with certain static roles in the band when they are all flexible musically and write parts that they wouldn't get to play on stage (ie, Rob on piano).

Aditya_the_warrior_within

Aditya_the_warrior_within The Fire Rises

nice! i was searching for this for quiet some time..
    thanks a ton!!!

4_my_head

4_my_head I'm losing what I don't deserve

Thank you for this! Thank you. :) bow

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Minutes To Midnight" was largely built on minimalistic, basic sound textures and lots of live tracking. It's more of a traditional guitar-driven rock album than "A Thousand Suns" is. Shinoda's perceived the guy in the band that spearheads serious musical experimentation within the band, which is evidently what you hear on the new album. :" So it's assumed that all the interesting stuff comes from him since he has a stronger role as producer putting together that material. ;)

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I'm actually using my default AOL browser! :lol: But I'm using firefox more and more now (for facebook etc) looks like LPA will have to follow suit! Thanks guys :)

Black Pleather Beanbag

Black Pleather Beanbag Member

Like others have said, I never knew Chester was so messed up in between Meteora and MTM. A very interesting read, thanks.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Oh yeah, AOL is HORRIBLE. It uses its own rendering system (afaik) and doesn't display anything right.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I remember.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think one of their writers once claimed that they mimed and/or used lots of performance correction type stuff when they played live. Then Mike sent them a letter trying to set them straight.

They've also written one or two articles where they've done pretty much nothing other than air their frustrations at how hard the band can be to interview which is honestly fair enough. But there was one not long after MTM where the writer stopped just short of slating them completely just because they wouldn't talk about their personal lives.

Since then they've been a lot nicer and there seems to be something about the band in there every other week.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
    burnic

burnic Member

yeah i dont really get why theyr attacking Mike so much esp. the part where it says the change of genre was decided by him and the rest of the band just blindly follow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.