Random Thoughts 24

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Louis, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Joe wins the internet for the day.

Yeeahhhhh . . . .

2. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

It's a peanut hat. :lol:

Edit:
    [​IMG]

3. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Ah hah... Peanut hats!

Oh Spongebob... you're so nutty! :awesome:

4. Jeff

Likely story :shifty:

5. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Damnit you guys! :( :lol:

6. Jeff

:quagmire: Alll Righhhht!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  7. Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

hawk told me to post this (he sent it via inbox on facebook):

8. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

What? Hawk banned? Explain.

:(

9. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

He said a taboo word but didn't mean it in the taboo way.

10. Gloomy Mushroom

6,000th post

11. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, good call. Except you didn't mention the other 15 times he did it during his time here... and his other rule breaks. Unfortunately, he didn't learn to stop calling things "gay" after we stressed to him he won't be warned again. Numerous times.

12. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

In my opinion, it's not hard to restrict your speech when you're posting on a forum online. I know I say the G and the R on a daily basis, along with the N word, but I can hold back online. You're typing text, it's not hard.

Especially considering the amount of times he has been warned, which were numerous.

In other news, I drank hella tonight and beer bong'd a Four Loko earlier and passed the fuck out. Then I woke up completely sober and hyper from the caffeine and drove home. What's up, people that aren't in my timezone?!

13. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I was gonna say, why the fuck are you on this early? :lol:

14. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Nothing against him, but to be honest it's hard to blame anyone else if he just broke the same rule over and over, and one that's pretty easy to abide by at that. Everyone knows that if you break any rules three times or more (it usually seems to be more) and the staff don't think they can give you the benefit of the doubt, you probably stand a decent chance of getting banned,

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  15. Gloomy Mushroom

:leak: Season 6 on Aussie Airwaves of Supernatural

16. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

17. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Sooo Hello everyone! :D

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well they do look a lot like little yellow dicks on their heads. Just sayin. :awesome:

19. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I hate to even bring this up again, but I have to say my piece and defend my fellow staff members.

We allow for a lot of freedom in what our members can say and the words they can use. We allow every single curse word in the book and discussions on things that would be rated R if they were in a movie. There are a small number of words - I can probably count them on one hand - we ask our members not to use in a derogatory fashion because they can be offensive. There are so many synonyms for dumb or stupid, why choose gay or retarded? Just say stupid, dumb, or one of the other many words that isn't offensive when used like that.

As far as Hawk goes, he had 2 warnings on record (as in, we gave him an official warning on his account so we can track it) in addition to the 2 infractions he had before yesterday. There are probably many more off the record warnings where we told him in a post or via PM to stop using that word. We kept giving him multiple second chances - more than any other member gets, because we felt that he was a dedicated member of the site and hoped that he would stop using those words. The last time he used gay, about 2 months ago, I sent him a PM clearly outlining what he did wrong, why we kept overlooking it, and I told him that it should've been his third and final infraction resulting in a ban, but we were giving him a second chance, again, because of his dedication to this site. I also told him that the next time he breaks that rule, he will be banned, no ifs, ands or buts because we were getting sick of it and we can't put him above the rules because he was such a dedicated poster, or else none of you would follow the rules. Normally, when we send a PM like that to a member, they'll reply with an acknowledgment that they'll stop it, and apologize, or whatever. Hawk didn't even do that. So I don't know if he didn't understand it (and why he didn't PM me back with questions if he didn't), or didn't care, or what. But I know he read it, so he knew that he was on thin ice.

Like I said, normally I wouldn't throw fuel on the fire like this, but I have to defend ourselves from people who do not know the whole story trying to make us look like the bad guys in this. It's unfortunate that it happened, but at some point, we have to draw the line and say enough is enough.

20. Jeff

I'm almost there. Also, I received the card you sent. :) Thank you very much, I'll make sure to send a card your way soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.