Black Friday 2010 General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by John, Nov 15, 2010.

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Its coming, The best sale of the year for the US. Post hints,tips, and thoughts here.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Best sale, but it's stupid. It just shows how selfish people are, camping out on Thanksgiving and overnight, just so they can trample all over each other to get the best deals. I am dreading this day, because knowing K-Mart, I will be scheduled, and bombarded with everyone.

John

Starting at midnight, all Walmarts will offer discounts including $9 Wrangler jeans and $15 tubs of Legos. Starting at 5 a.m. Friday, among the deals on electronics, Hewlett-Packard Co. laptops with 15.6-inch screens will be $298, Emerson 32-inch LCD HDTV TVs will go for $198 and there will be Kodak digital cameras for $59.

neiljhonson01

neiljhonson01 New Member

Dear i want to inform you Target 4-Day Pre-Black Friday 2010 sale will run from Sunday November 21 to Wednesday November 24 in Target stores and online through retailer owned website. Target is all set to pull the rush during its Pre-Black Friday sale. The retailer is featuring more than 170 items, which will not be available during its Black Friday sale. Retailer is offering items including video games, electronics, movies, toys, clothing, housewares, and seasonal items. Find out more on>>>
    Black Friday 2010
    Black Friday 2010 Sales

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I'ma get me some $5 - $10 blu-rays :awesome:

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I've never participated on Black Friday. I'll get my gifts later, it's not worth the the 10% off or whatever to get trampled and the need to race people.

Jeff

exactly. I got all my Christmas stuff done in October, so I don't need to worry about getting trampled and not be able to get what I need later.

Benjamin

Someone's ahead of the game :lol:. To me, doing it all in October sort of takes the fun out of it but I suppose it's actually smart in a way. Nothing's likely to be sold out.

John

Amazon always has a BUNCH of amazing stuff. No need to leave the house and go into the madness at 3am.

Jeff

I'm just lucky that K-Mart still has layaway, or else I wouldn't have been able to get people what I wanted to give them this year.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Can't you just buy stuff online instead of going into the shops? :awesome:

Jeff

If only Americans thought like that. :shifty:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Black Friday is a fucking joke. The deals aren't even that good, and you can buy all that shit online anyways.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm planning to be the ultimate douchebag during Black Friday.

I will cut lines. Take items from other shoppers' carts. Fight with kids for toys. Afterwards, I'll kick all of them in the face.

Then I'm going to ask completely stupid questions that give the associates aneurysms. I'll be switching price tags, putting dents and rips in boxes, and overall just causing property damage.

And in the very end, I'm going to get to the cashier, not buy half of the items in my cart, then start a loud argument over the prices of the things I DO buy. Then I'll kick him/her in the face. Repeatedly. Then I'll give them the iron-rich items I purchased as a gift. That's right, it's a bruise joke.

It's going to be fucking epic.

Benjamin

And you'll have a friend recording it so you can upload it on youtube :awesome:

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

And there will be someone that says "thumbs up if you think this was stupid".

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

*gives a thumbs up*.

Yes I went out during Black Friday. And no it wasn't half as crazy as the media likes to make it seem. The stores were only semi-crowded, and never once did I feel claustrophobic or like there were too many people.

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

This is why the internet is awesome! No need to get out to have good deals. I bought the two seasons of Carnival for my bestfriend and they both were 23$ dollars instead of 75$ each (HBO series cost a leg)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You didn't go to the right stores, then.

Example: one of the Nike stores we walked by had a crazy crowd. It was so bad that they had the gate closed and opened it once every 5 minutes or so to either let people out or for the crazies to try to get in. I say crazies because half the dunks over there weren't even on sale. But hey, you do what you can for Jordans, eh?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I was driving home drunk early Friday morning (4am? 5am?) and in this little sleepy town, to have more than 2 cars on the roads that early in the morning is rare, but town was swamped this year. I know our local gaming store, Geeks Etc, had more than 100 people waiting outside before 4am.

Then I kicked some people in the face while I was driving drunk, and it was epic. Yadda Yadda. What I'm trying to say is, no, it's generally not as crazy as the media wants you to think, but it's still pretty goddamn busy.