Chester & Brad Interviews

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Oh right. How I miss Chester's raps!

Pssst....didn't he perform his first rap performance on 'Blackout'? :D

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

If Linkin Park starts to put out records every year like they want to, im scared they will start to sound the same

Dara

Dara Well-Known Member

An album out next year is the most imrobable thing from Linkin Park. I don't think so. They have given interviews about "albums coming out in the near future" since the relese of M2M. But the truth was something else. The release of a live CD/DVD from this tour is very nice and I hope they do so with the choice of the best performance.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

LMAO.

I really don't think we will get a new LP album next year.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Wow I'm pretty surprised by Chester even mentioning the idea of that. But LP album releases....if they say 1.5 years it's 3 years and if they say 2 years it's 4 years. It's always doubled. The only possible way that they could have another album out (and like late next year) would be left overs from ATS which I doubt they'll do or they've had an amazing streak these last few concert tours due to some crazy inspiration that allowed them to write an entire new album. I know Chester said they were really excited to make new music but man...I'd say at earliest 2012. Though I would absolutely love a quality new album next year.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Ha! Yeah, I'd be incredibly surprised if they got an album out next year or indeed any time before [very] late 2012. I wouldn't really even expect it out before 2013, whatever intentions they express.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

"Chester Bennington: I don’t know. We haven’t really discussed anything like that, we’re really more focused on performing these shows and putting on a great live show and really focused on working on our next album.

Hell Yea!!!

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I kind of agree with you, but at the same time look how different WTCFM, Robot Boy, TC, TM, WFTE are from each other. I think it'd be more of a worry if it they hadn't broken the HT/Met formula.

... Come to think of it, if they were still using the HT/Met formula they already be making albums that sounded the same anyway, so I guess my point is somewhat moot. :D

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

For those people who are grossly misinterpreting this quote by Chester, I would like it to be considered that he might actually mean that next year, the thing they would be looking most forward to is focusing on putting out a new record. Meaning they would start working on the idea for their next record next year. Which should not be mistaken as meaning there would actually be a record out next year.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Yeah. Or it could even be that the person who typed this meant to say "years" with an "s." There's no way a new album drops next year. A single? Maybe.

Ant

Ant Ambient

A new single would mean that another album would be out in a few months following that, though. So it would be either 2011 or early (January, February) 2012. Either way, it's a short period.

Unless you mean releasing a single from A Thousand Suns, which would have nothing to do with the quote given, so I'm assuming you mean the above.

Benjamin

No, I mean a new song that's not necessarily affiliated with an album (i.e. "New Divide", "Not Alone", or "We Made It"). If Mike was being serious about making more music more often, maybe we'll get something like that.

If they were to release a whole album in late 2011/early 2012, they would have to put wheels on NRG studios and take it wherever they go :lol:. It's not happening.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

they don't necessarily have to go to NRG....I'm mean its highly likely they will but LP has recorded pre-album stuff in various studios worldwide. And they did We Made It in taiwan was it? I can't remember.
    Anyhow....2012 album......APOCALYPSE! :awesome:

Benjamin

I realize that they can do some recording on the road (they did a while making Meteora I believe) but all of their albums have ultimately been recorded at actual studios opposed to busses or whatever. But yeah, I do expect some sort of new music next year such as another "We Made It."

Ant

Ant Ambient

That doesn't make much sense in the context of Chester's quote, though. I think he'd specifically say "working on new music" instead of putting out a new "record." I don't think it's realistic that we'll see another record next year, but obviously it's something the band would like to do, even if it simply means starting on new music for a new record.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

They finished recording in New York for Meteora.

They also did some recording for MTM at Korn Studios.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.