LPU Chat: Next Single To Be "Burning In The Skies"

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LP-tastic

LP-tastic Well-Known Member

BITS is a great song and it really deserves to be one of the singles. I think it would be at least a better single than WFTE, because it has a more epic and rock sound than WFTE.
    So if we already have 3 singles (the catalyst, WFTE and BITS), then there are only 2 left and Iridescent will definitely be a single, because the whole band and especially Mike loves this song (he mentioned it very often).
    So there is only one single left and I think it´ll be W&K because it would please more people than Blackout, even though a video would be awesome
    WTCFM is good but I agree with those who say that the censored version would destroy the song.

2. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

No, its unlikely they will have any other singles after BITS. 9 full songs on the album and 3 are to be singles. They need to advertise and sell the album and not broadcast too much content.

3. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

No way. More singles = More Promotion for ATS = More Album Sales. They will push out as many singles as possible even if they do only have 9 full tracks on the album. Going by your logic, they kinda went against it by airing The Catalyst, Robot Boy, Burning In The Skies, Waiting For The End, Blackout & Wretches & Kings all before the album was released. They have no worries about airing "too much content". The more air play & promotion the better for them.

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

^Agreed. It doesn't matter if this album was meant to be their 'non-commercial' or 'non-mainstream' album. The band needs to sell albums to keep making money, and the only way to do that is through more singles. A good example of this is with The Catalyst vs WTFE. I know a lot of people in my area didn't flip over TC when it first came out (although I feel its a good song), however once WTFE came out...they told me how much they liked the "new Linkin Park song" and actually bought the disc.

5. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

I hope we get B-sides on the single.

6. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

interesting choice. though personally I'd have gone for a heavier song next, then onto BITS. but I'm glad its beeing cosidered, as its probably one of the best choices for a single on ATS. But yeh, after this should be W&K no questions asked. LP is in dire need of a heavy song to change peoples perseption of them now. W&K will should that they still have that old LP energy.

& then top it all off with Iridescent. like LOATR it has to be a single no matter what.

7. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

except LOATR flopped. I'd compare it more to shadow of the day because i believe iridescent may be the only radio single.....or maybe not even.
    i'd like to see a miracle and have all 9 become singles. that'd be amazing

8. clay-end

clay-end Well-Known Member

I WANT A VIDEO FOR "BLACKOUT"!!!!!....I loveee that song :D

9. Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

ummh....i was there with joseph during the caht and mike said "most likely", still, that doesn't mean it is....
    i know it probably will end up being the single, but it might not too.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes, that's been covered already. Again, check the editorial note in the first post.

11. Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

While both songs feature piano at the beginning I think Iridescent would be the better choice. Just the Intro to that song is enough to make people go 'WTF this is Linkin Park?!'

I've always envisioned that if Iridescent was a music video, it would start with awesome puffy clouds moving fast and then a camera panning over a mountain with the sun coming up like as if you were parasailing. Like...they should hire National Geographic and shoot all the pretty stuff about the earth in HD.

Those that are old and love Barry Manilow should like it. :awesome:

--RS

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I agree, definitely, but I guess it's okay as long as "Iridescent" is put out as a single later down the line. :)

Besides, the way "Burning" starts up is pretty different for LP as well.

13. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Yes, I like your imagery for the beginning of Iridescent. I picture a little boy struggling to find his sister while a torrential weather phenomena is going on. Hmm the band is performing in the eyes of the little boy. other cheezy yet beautiful things like that

14. Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

Iridescent is one of my favorite songs ever, but there's something about Burning in the Skies that makes me want open my mind more. IMO.

Though I don't really mind what the band puts out for singles because every single track in A Thousand Suns amazes me. So if it's Blackout, Wretches and Kings, When They Come For Me, Robot Boy, or The Messenger, I wouldn't mind. The only thing occupying my mind if one of those songs turn into a single is what the video will look like ^_^

15. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I don't know about that... For us, the real fans, it is different, but for an average fan it is just as same as What I've Done or New Divide...

16. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Just who listen to LP alot may realise the different, or else, well, they are just LP.

17. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I love music videos but I never really liked the concept of a single...

18. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

does anyone know if a video of the chat was or will be posted somewhere? Thanks guys

19. Dara

Dara Well-Known Member

I hope they'll make a good music video for this, not like the one for "Waiting for the End" that I think is the worst LP music video till now.

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Oh, I'm certain that a video for "Burning In The Skies" would be a little more dramatic than the one for "Waiting For The End". :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.