Official Diet & Exercise Tips Thread

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Jun 24, 2010.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Can one of you nutrition experts tell me what I have to do to look like this...... http://i1.cdnds.net/10/08/550w_gayspy_the_big_one_paul_wesley_5.jpg

I go every night and lift for 30-1 hour and to cardio after that for 30 minutes and sauna for 10-20 minutes. Im starting to build muscle on my pecs but cant get the abs!!!!! Im not tryin to get big just really cut

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Cardio after lifting is a big no no. Cardio first. Of course something light. Moderate pace for 20-30 min. Make sure you get all your protein sources from food only. Forget the shakes. Whatever you weigh, cut that number in half and that should be atleast the minimum amount of protein intake. If you want a intense ab workout, send me your address and ill send you a video thats insane and WILL work.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

They tell you to do slow cardio because they want you to be warmed up so you don't pull a muscle while lifting heavy weights. Strength training is a form of anaerobic exercise if you don't take many breaks in between sets.

Edit: And anaerobic doesn't directly use fat for energy, but it does burn more fat. It uses up a lot of carbs, raises your core temp, raises your metabolism, and burns fat while trying to restore your energy. It also burns fat because of your raised metabolism and core temp. This can last up to a couple days after the workout, depending on how intense. There's a reason some of the best looking people are world-class sprinters, basketball players, and football players. The ones that are doing short, hard bursts for a long period of time shed the fat and put on muscle.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
    El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I just posted a link for you to see where experts are saying anaerobic doesn't burn more fat. It's a fact man, go google it for yourself.. It's a myth that you will burn fat while you're playing video games, no matter what you did before that.. Show me where you read that.

And you're also wrong about world class professionals, they're using both aerobic and anaerobic exercises, plus lifting, swimming and nutrition we can't afford. Have you ever participated in or even seen a football training? (real football, I don't know what they do in american football trainings, probably debate what steroids are the best to use..)
    Yes, they're doing sprints, but they're also doing 30 laps around the pitch. Combining all kinds of exercises in the best way to be in the best possible shape, but that's not the topic here..

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Ya I cant eat that much lol. Thats to much for me, as I said I am not trying to get big. And I hate doing cardio before work outs because Im all sweaty and shit

travz21

They're running that far because that's what they need to be in shape for for their sport. Real football (soccer here) needs a lot more endurance and stamina. They also need quick bursts, which is why they also lift weights and do sprints. I'm not arguing that doing both isn't the best for you. Doing a soccer workout is probably the best for getting in good, all-around shape. I was just saying which type of exercise is more effective for burning fat.

Most other pro athletes aren't doing that much cardio. American football players are lifting a lot and doing drills during training. Basketball players are lifting and running the court during training. I won't get into what workouts golfers do lol.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

The EPOC effect (which is what people believe in for afterburn) is pretty minimal by most accounts. Certainly not enough to make up for the fact that you can do a light jog for way longer than you can do some kind of HIIT.

Pre-workout cardio outside of a small amount for warm up I think is just stupid. You don't want to drain yourself beforehand.

Being cut is all about low body fat. What you should be doing though depends on where you are starting out. If you're fat, slim down first. If you're super scrawny gain some muscle first. That picture looks like 8-10% body fat to me. I'm not really sure the guys weight, but outside of abs, nothing really looks too developed. I'd say any real basic beginners program that includes a few heavy sets of ab work 1-2 times a week would be fine.

EDIT: Oh, no beginners program should have someone going for an hour a night by the way.

Here is an article on beginning weight training for a site I highly recommend:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/beginning-weight-training-part-4.html

This is the fourth in the series, which contains a few actual programs. You can find the rest on the site.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Its actually not that hard to get that amount of protein in your diet. And the only way you're going to get big is if you consistently use more intensity/resistance and heavier weights. So stick to whats working for you. Even people who want to stay lean need that amount of protein. But its not all about protein.

Heres an article on dietary needs for abs:

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/nutritious-powerfoods-abs-diet

Also, when you're doing the cardio beforehand, its not meant to be intense. Walk, it gets your blood going. Your muscle/workout can actually be depleted if you do it after.

morkel07

morkel07 New Member

Here is a best source for any type of health information. MedexpressRx

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I just figured out that this year so far I've lost about half the weight I wanted to lose. Just thought I'd boast even though it's not really a lot.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    travz21

I've been lazy as hell this year. I've been lifting on a pretty lax schedule and haven't really gained any of the weight I'm wanting, obviously since I'm not taking it seriously enough. But by September I want about 15-20 pounds more muscle, which I think is doable. That'd put me around 170-175 pounds. The hardest part will be finding enough food to eat to be able to gain that much weight. I need to eat like 3 hours a day to get enough in me.

I also need to start running. Some long distance mixed in with sprints. I'm really out of running shape.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I'd also like to state that over the past semester I've lost 36 pounds and in the process of losing some more. Pretty proud of myself. :)

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's good that you lost weight, but I think 36 pounds/16 kg in 5 months is a bit too much. Take it slowly from now on, you might encounter health problems if you lose weight too fast.

travz21

Yeah wtf. Unless you had a ton of extra weight on you, losing that much that quickly can be pretty unhealthy. But it's probably more healthy than keeping that weight on lol. Just don't overdue it. Nice work, though.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I only lost about 10-15 pounds personally, it's just nice that I'm nearly back in the shape I was in a couple of years ago.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Well, to give you an idea:

I was 211 lbs starting on January 1st. I have been 175 pounds as of...the first week of May. So we'll just say I lost 36 pounds from January until April. It's essentially been 17 weeks. 36 / 17 = 2.1 lbs per week. Doctors say tops 2-3 pounds per week is healthy, so I'm actually fine. I appreciate the concern, though. And I think it just works out that way because if you are decently overweight, pounds drop really easily. If it were like 5 pounds a week, I'd probably slow down. :lol:

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Yeah, I wouldn't be too concerned. I dropped weight like crazy when I first started eating right and working out. Anyway, congratulations!

As for me, I've been meaning to drop about ten pounds since the beginning of this year. I've overindulged a lot on food for the past few months, but I think I've gotten that out of my system now. My goal is to get back down to 170 by the end of the summer.

travz21

I was going to make a bet about who can get to 170 quicker, but I might be at a disadvantage depending on how easily you lose weight haha. That would be interesting to keep track of though. Gaining 15 pounds of muscle compared to losing 10 pounds.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I need to lose like 10 pounds of fat and gain 10 pounds of muscle, haha.

20. Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

So I'm on my second week of Nutrisystem and it's pretty awesome. I'm down 7 lbs already and the food is pretty decent.
    I'll keep you all updated on how it continues.