First Concert

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by MTsol, Dec 30, 2010.

MTsol

MTsol Member

I've been a Linkin Park fan for a very long time and I finally got the chance to buy tickets to my first concert ever.

I'm a little nervous and not sure exactly what to expect or what to do.

I got ga floor tickets to their concert in GA at the Philips Arena, on January 23rd (my birthday btw).

I'm from NC so obviously I have to leave pretty early, but what tips do yall have?

LP-tastic

LP-tastic Well-Known Member

The only thing you have to do is enjoy the show and feel the power of the band and the crowd.:awesome: I would suggest that it´s better to be at the arena about 4-5 hours before the beginning of the show, you´ll probably get better places and you´ll have time to talk with other LP fans. Your feet will hurt and you´ll be sweating a lot but in the end the only important thing is the smile in your face:)
    I´ve been to 3 LP concerts and every single show was amazing... so have fun!!!

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I had awesome seats for my LP show but I think you will have a better time on the floor as you can feel the energy so much more and you won't feel silly jumping around lol. The earlier you get there, the closer you will be to the stage obviously.

Don't waste all your time taking pictures/videos, just relax and enjoy. Also, check out the merchandise and Music For Relief stands :)

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Sing your heart out. Above all, just have fun. Go with it. Try to get up front on the barricade so you have something to lean on. Let go of all self consciousness.

MTsol

MTsol Member

Thanks for the replies. I figured I would have to be there early to get a good spot. One thing I'm worried about is that my girlfriend is kind of short (probably 5'4") so I don't know if it would be a problem for her being able to see.

jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm like 5'4... If she's in the pit, she won't be able to see if she's not at the front :p All I see are people's heads if I'm not at the front -.-

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

be one of those cool people and carry her on your shoulders :lol: that way you'll block the views of everyone behind you. but hey, don't worry about it. enjoy the show

Ree

Your girlfriend is taller than me :lol: just get there really early so you will be near the front!

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Dont feel bad. Im a guy and im 5'6".

On another note, before the summit was announced, I was a little upset that I got GA tickets. I expected to get there early and still not get in front. Im blessed that I get to be one of the first peoples to get right in front.

MTsol

MTsol Member

I'm confused though cause the tickets have seat numbers. Or does it not matter?

Ree

If you have floor standing tickets then the seat number shouldn't matter. Are you sure it's a seat number? It could just be your ticket number.

MTsol

MTsol Member

One says 27 and the other 28 for seat numbers. These are lpu pre-sale tickets if that matters

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

If it's GA Admission forget about seats, there won't be cause your in the pit. The seat number on the ticket is so the venue can keep track as to how many floor tickets they have to sell.

--RS

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

Get there at least 6hours before the doors open if you want to be in front of the barricade. Put your girlfriend in front of you, so you can protect here if there is moshing. Don't be afraid to ask for water to the security during the show, they are here for that and do not take pictures. It's useless, you'll find everything on google and youtube the hour you get home which will be of a better quality then if you had taken your own. Then you can take some pictures during the show, but don't waste your experience for that, enjoy cause the time will go so fast you won't see it. Drink water and get sandwiches when you wait for the show, and go pee somewhere just before the doors open cause if you go to the bathroom you'll loose the spot you waited 6 hours for.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ This. Very important.

MTsol

MTsol Member

Yeah I'll make sure to do that. Has the setlist for the NA tour been posted anywhere?

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

They will possible use the V-shaped stage:

so if you come as early as possible to get to the first row, make sure you are on the left side of the V-shapped barricades form (its right in front of Mike and chester and the closest to the stage)..dont go too far away from the V-Barricade, unless you wanna stand in front of the "podest" with the flag on it.

you can also stand on the right side, but after 5 concerts this year I can tell you that on mikes/chesters side more happends (especially during BTH when chester comes down)

and: as for your ears i can tell you that you dont need to bother, if you have no healthy problems. Pooch sets the perfect volume and mix of the sound. The last two concerts I had no earplugs (my 5 concerts were in 10 days)

AND: you cant go to MFR booth After the concert. so either way you wanna have MFR merch OR you wanna be as close as possible to the band...

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

No, you'll have to wait 'til a show has happened. ;P Even then, the use of rotating setlists (especially seeing as you're going to a show that's towards the start of the tour) means you won't really know what's coming up