Burning In The Skies Release Date - March 21st

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park's third single from A Thousand Suns is set for a UK shelf date of March 21st 2011, according to online reports. Rumours about the date began circulating yesterday, as FemaleFirst issued a press release, and MusicNews.com have now also released the same information, leading to believe this will be the case.

The band recently finished up filming the music video before heading out on the North American leg of their World Tour. The video is once again directed by Joe Hahn and will presumably be released late February / early March.

We'll keep you updated on any official word regarding the release date, single tracklisting and music video news as it becomes available.

Source: Music News | Female First via LPSuomi

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Why so long? One would think shooting a video and releasing it is a fortnight's job no? WFTE took much lesser time IIRC.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well, it's not necessarily a case of when they shoot the video, that they'll then release it as soon as it's ready. They simply just had to get it out of the way before they started the tour. It seems like a plausible date, and as for the video, I'm not so sure, but I can't see them releasing it too far ahead of the singles release date. A month from now at the earliest is my estimate, but I guess we'll see.

Also, keep in mind the release statistics of Waiting For The End:

WFTE was being shot on: September 3rd - CLICK HERE

The video was officially released on: October 8th - CLICK HERE

The CD single wasn't officially released until: November 23rd - CLICK HERE

So it's definitely not unlikely.

A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

It's gonna be a nice birthday this year for me. BITS released a day before it and on the 22nd, new CunninLynguists album. Whoo.

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

And lets not forget post-production for these videos is normally pretty extensive. It's not like these things are done with in just a week after shooting.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I hope the video comes out soon, really anticipating it.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

The video needed to be shot now because they wont have time on tour.

Murali

Murali LP Soldier

can't wait for this...fav track of ATS...:):)

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

I'm glad they slowed down the releases seems fair to me.

jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

As long as it's better than the vid for WFTE... :p

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

That'll be hard to do :p

The video was just recently shot. They just need to do all the post production stuff now I'm sure.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Woot, that's on my birthday. Can't wait!

PirateMuffinDaniel

PirateMuffinDaniel Active Member

I was hoping it would be Iridescent.
    But I knew Mike wouldn't lie to us :3

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I still think "Burning In The Skies" is a great choice for a single. I say next we will get a harder song like "Wreatchs and Kings" or "Blackout"(I can dream! :awesome:).

Then end with Iridecent as the last single unless they go for more then five.
    So sit back and enjoy the year. Should be interesting!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, either "Wretches" or "When They Come For Me", either of those are, IMO, ideal choices for the fourth single. :) And, yeah, close out with "Iridescent".

I'm not completely happy with "Burning In The Skies" being the third single but, really, considering there's five singles to be picked, I couldn't pick a better track. ;D Apparently, it's not doing too badly on radio where I am. That seems about right, since it sounds like a washed-out version of "What I've Done", which did very well on radio. :)

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

^What makes you think they're going to make 5 videos? Record sales are way down, why would Warner put extra money into milking an album that's not really selling?

They should have released a live Wretches and Kings video to coincide with the tour. Then release Burning in the Skies in the spring as the final single.

I can't see them making more then 3-4 videos for this album. The success of the next single I think will dictate if a 4th single is released. I think Burning in the Skies was a solid choice though, it's song you can dance to, great lyrics, very chilled out track to play on the radio. Waiting for the End was too poppy, and The Catalyst should have never been in a single in the first place, good song, but not good radio tune.

If the Catalyst and Waiting for the end HAD to be picked. I would have went with 1. Waiting for the End 2. Wretches and Kings 3. Burning in the Skies. 4. The Catalyst for this album cycle. The Catalyst should have been kept as the last single and as a surprise for fans when listening to the album. It kind of ruins the experience of ATS when the climactic song is given to you in pieces first, then as the lead single. FAIL

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It's Linkin Park, I think it's a safe assumption to make :x

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Poppiness is a good quality for a single to have, isn't it? Not to mention Burning In The Skies is ostensibly more straightforward and not much less catchy. When it comes to single potential there probably isn't a lot of difference between the two.

That's debatable. If the album is intended to be experienced as a whole, with everything in context, releasing an individual track isn't ruining the whole thing.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.