The Worst Opening Band You've Seen Live

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mark, Jan 21, 2011.

Tomozaurus

Tomozaurus Well-Known Member

I'm sure some people on this site would disagree with this but: I had to suffer through Avenged Sevenfold before Bullet For My Valentine a few years ago, and they were horrible.

ProjektSoxRock

ProjektSoxRock Of Beauty & Rage

I saw Taking Dawn open for Lacuna Coil and All That Remains. They were terrible...

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I can relate (with the first one at least). Also, at the risk of also offending people, I hated Story of the Year when they went on the Meteora World Tour.

CM.

CM. ☠ L O V E KEEPS US K I N D

ugh... when i went to a tokio hotel concert...
    i remember, it was an open air concert
    everything was fine untill we all realized they let us wait for at least 2 hours for the band itself
    we had to hear some really noob and awfull.. bands we never heard off...
    dont remember names, gladly i suppose

i hope that wont happen again whenever i get to see LP live, pls dont let me and the others wait also over 2 hours for those hotties to get up stage and do their rock thing D:

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Aren't they both pretty horrible? I went to that tour I think - mostly for Atreyu - and actually thought A7X were alright, but Bullet were the most boring band I'd seen (and probably still are).

Mark: can we plz swap memories so I can see Boris open for NIN in the past? sweet. A couple of my friends went interstate to see Boris last year, so jealous.

I dunno about the worst opening band I've seen, I usually check bands out first and then show up late if I really hate a band.

Tomozaurus

Tomozaurus Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the one. Atreyu were very good, highlight of the night. A7X were really terrible imo, but I don't like the band to begin with. Still I was bored out of my mind through they're whole set. Bullet were a little dissapointing but I liked it enough simply because I like the band, and it was my first time doing a wall of death.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Behind Crimson Eyes opening for Iron Maiden, the whole arena just laughed the entire time.

And a band called Dappled Cities Fly who opened for Silverchair. It was like listening to 38 effects pedals for 40 minutes and nothing else.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

SHAKEDOWN, SHAKEDOWN BABY! Behind Crimson Eyes are THE WORST band. I'll put them on my list, suffered through them a couple times.

LP-tastic

LP-tastic Well-Known Member

Lol:lol:...For me it would have been just the opposite. I don´t like Bullet For My Valentine but Avenged Sevenfold, at least most of their songs. But I can understand that there are people who don´t like Avenged Sevenefold and I´ve never seen them live, so maybe they really suck live...
    As for me, the worst opening band was The Futureheads. You are waiting for LP and everything you get is this??? I was bored and prayed to LP to rock that house...and of course they did.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

This isn't mine, but I was chatting yesterday with a friend of mine from my high school, and apparently he saw Attack! Attack!, of the famed Stick Stickly.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

A7X was the best concert ive ever been too(until this wed. when I see LP ;) ). He was dead on. Its actually what made me a fan. I didnt care for them until I went and seen them live. Which is kind of funny because I was going to answer what the worst band was and it was the opening act for A7X.

Coheed and Cambria (sp?)

Fucking dreadful

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Genuinely man, Acer Arena at full capacity and everyone just laughing cos they were so fucking cheesy.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I could agree with that. Chiodos opened the night, then Coheed and LP went on. Coheed was worse than Chiodos. I wasn't sure if they were considered an opening band though lol.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Yeh I suffered through a7x at that melbourne concert and I just though they were average at best live.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

it was RUFiO's final farewell show, back in June 2007, I had to stand through 4 really shitty opening bands, the worst one by far was the one right before RUFiO went on:

Over It
    They were awful, and their set was really long. In fact towards the end of their set people just kept chanting RUFIO! RUFIO! RUFIO!

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I thought DIOYY were shit. Everyone was talking through there songs, standing still and saying how shit they were. I didnt like there "The Catalyst" remix so i wasnt that exited about seeing them live.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

IMO DIOYY? are a great band - their album is brilliant!

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

Buckcherry when I had to watch them with A7X.

Or The Devin Townsend Project who opened for Between The Buried and Me

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Oh oh oh, I totally forgot to add I Set My Friends On Fire to this list. They sucked.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I really like their "The Catalyst" remix. When I saw them in November at LP's London show their set just sounded like one long song to me lol. I liked the song "We Are Rockstars" but that's probably because that was the only DIOYY? song I was familiar with. :lol: They are not bad at all.