Mike Shinoda LPU Chat Details - 02.02.11

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

http://mikeshinodaclan.com have done an awesome job of listing what Mike discussed from his New York City hotel room last night, in an impromptu LPU chat. Check out the topics below:

• Linkin Park got out of Boston okay and they’re now in New York.

• Mike had HORRIBLE turkey meatloaf on amtrak (train in Boston) and told off the train guy when he was bugging him.

• Mike was wearing a winter hat because of the snowstorm in Boston and people thought it was funny.

• Burning in the Skies, WILL NOT be a US Single.

• He was making up other ways to say “motherfucker” which lead to “motherfricassee”.

• After the US tour they’re going to tour in Europe and Asia, and he’s gonna put in a word for the Canadians (meaning try to get LP to go to Canada.

• And he wants people to learn the “Dream Hands” dance and flash mob it at a M&G.

• Also there will be a LPUTV released soon, it will be about the Summit in Sydney about 7 minutes long.

Thanks again to MSC and lpfmfan. Seems Burning In The Skies will be a UK/Europe single only, does this mean the US will be getting something else in the near future? It's also great to see that Sydney Summit LPTV episode coming soon, I know a lot of the LPA community have been waiting for that one!

Source: mikeshinodaclan.com | lpfmfan | @xasiralx | @burningdaylite | iamsatan

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

MSC is such an awesome site :)

Lol the flash mob would be hilarious :lol:

Joe

Indeed it is! Great site run by a great person. :)

Seems like Mike threw out some interesting points in this chat, I'm glad you guys will be getting the LPU Sydney Summit LPTV soon. :lol: I know a lot of people were wanting it.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

ASIA!
    And does that mean another song's gonna be put out as 3rd single in the US?

Joe

Technically, yes. If BitS is a Europe single only, then whatever comes after it will be the US' 3rd single. However it's unlikely they will release one at the same time as they do BitS in Europe. It's like when From The Inside was released, that was Europe only. The US had to wait for Breaking The Habit to be released as their next single after Numb. However, Lying From You was also a radio single in that time, which Europe didn't get.

It's all meaningless really, the fact is singles are bigger in Europe because they sell them in stores as hard copy CD's. US radio may still play BitS even if it only becomes available on European iTunes stores. It's just different how the chart works. The bottom line is it's very unlikely they will release "another song" in the US whilst this is happening, but the US will still be able to see the video and probably hear it on the radio if stations choose to play it, the only difference is the single won't be available on US iTunes stores maybe. It will be a case of importing the hard copy from Europe if you want it.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

I hate Mike and his generous impromptu chats only because i always miss it since i'm not online 24/7 like some people.:sleep: A little warning would be nice. Mike's chats are always entertaining. Oh well...

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I had a feeling that LP would be doing this. Just didn't see it coming this soon! As long as I see the video I'll be happy. :awesome:

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Thanks man! I'm always in the confused ignorant zone when it comes to music singles.
    I mean, do people really buy CDs that have only 2 or 3 tracks in it?

Joe

Yeah, it can be quite confusing. People do buy them, but not so much anymore. Most people buy digital, the CD singles are catered towards the people who have no idea how to use a computer, and is something they can pick up casually as they shop. Also, I guess if you collect them it's always a nice thing to have. Singles are usually priced at £1.99/£2.99 or at the most £3.99, so it's not too much really.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

This will be interesting, they'll have to match BITS with something pretty big for US stations, the only other single I can even see is Iridescent. Perhaps The Messenger??? Or is it too simple for a big single?

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

haha this is so awesome :D i will do the dance of course!

Thanks MSC for this!! its amazing! Great job

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

That's awesome.

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

wow Asia. Where the hell in Asia? There are so many countries. Well, at least there is Asia. :lol:

Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

He mentioned Canada! its a fucking miracle lol. Good too hear that they might do a legit Canadian tour.

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

^^^:vuvuzela:

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Lol at the winter hat. :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Mike also spent about 5-10 minutes talking about the Ketchup T-Shirt. Sadly we don't have any screens of that :(.

lpfmfan

lpfmfan On My Own

Awww thanks you guys! :D

also, if anyone does that Dream Hands thing, I want a video of the dance and Mike's reaction, LOL.

WhiteSoxLPJuan92

WhiteSoxLPJuan92 Active Member

I hope we see another US tour after seeing them in Chicago and the summit i really cannot wait for another US tour :D crossing my fingers

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I would be bummed for the single not coming to the US if MTV2 still showed music videos. So instead I'm just sad in general, but yet no loss :p.

And don't do amtrak food. That meatloaf probably cost him $20 on top of being "cat food".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.