Do you miss the old LP??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by pooldude, Feb 3, 2011.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I dont miss the old LP because i will always have HT and M so i can just listen to them.

Naah I don't miss the old LP. At all.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

lolz

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

I miss the energy that old LP had. I miss old LP more then most people around me. I do love ATS (Not M2M), but I miss how much energy the old songs had. I'd not even 21 yet, so I'm at the point in my life where they created Hybrid Theory. The songs they make now, while they are more mature sonically and creatively, they lack the raw emotion that the first 2 CD's had. They poured their heart and soul into those albums and you could see it when they performed it live. When they were hype, I was hype, and the crowd was hype.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/taproot-linkin-park-show-mad-v-day-love-clutch

That link makes me wish I was older then 11. I've been to Clutch Cargo's many times now. -.-

LP-tastic

LP-tastic Well-Known Member

Yes, sometimes I do miss the old LP but that does not mean I don´t love the new LP. The thing is, they were completely different persons when they started. You can really see how they grew up and so did their music. When you see them today you might think: "What the hell:huh:...these are really the same guys who did HT or the guys from the Live In Texas concert." Sometimes I think there are two different LPs but then I say to myself that this doesn´t matter as long as you like the music they make.:awesome: I´m sure we will never see the old LP again and there will never be a second HT but this makes the album even more special and unique. Who would care about HT if there were 4 albums which sound like this masterpiece.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I refuse to believe that all of the people who want their old sound back would actually be satisfied if all four of their albums consisted of "Mike rapping/Chester singing/ZOMG THERES MIKE AGAIN/Chester/BOTH OF THEM NOWZ/THE CHORUS AGAIN HELL YEAH." That's my view unless if someone can point out an example of a band who's released 4+albums that all have the same style who are/were extremely successful from the first album to the last.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

At times. But then WTCFM and WaK play through my giant ass speakers and I forget about Chester's and Mike's multi-colored hair, Brad's and Phoenix's heavy guitars and bass, Rob's generic beats, and Joe's scratching.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Sadly, Nickelback achieved that success. That's another reason why I embrace this new change; as much as I love LP's old sound, keep that up and Linkin Park = Nickelback.

And even though I love old LP, I don't miss it at all. I'm in love with Linkin Park overall. Old, new, I don't miss it. If I feel angsty, I pop in HT and Meteora. In a sentimental mood? MTM. Space out or look of inspiration or etc.? ATS. Casual LP listening? All of them.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
    deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Considering Rob's incredible leap in his drumming abilities on the new stuff I'm going to have to go with.....

NO.

Benjamin

Actually, isn't Nickelbacks new stuff overall a lot softer than their earlier albums? I can't say this for sure but I think songs like "Photograph" and "Gotta Be Somebody" weren't present in their older albums. Basically, Nickelback is kind of the opposite of LP; they changed their sound to make them more popular.

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

I wish they would put on a Live In Texas type energetic performance to be honest.

But above all else, what would make me happier then any HT part 2, would be if they took a page from what The Devil Wears Prada did last year and had a Back To The Roots Tour. Although they probably couldn't have smaller venues like Prada did, (As they would probably sell out in 5 minutes on the name of the tour ALONE) but have a tour where they play all old shit. Maybe tour with the people they used to have collabs with. Do a tour with Jay, Busta, the people from the Reanimation era of collaborations.

Have a set of songs from the Hybrid Theory EP up to Collision course. Maybe play QWERTY. That would be the best fan service LP could ever do for the fans who miss their old style.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I'm pretty sure they're all energetic - they're just not all as up close where you can count the beads of sweat on Chester's forehead :lol:

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I do not miss old LP at all. It was not their "true identity," it was what you identified them as being. But anyway, here's what I think: Hybrid Theory was good except for a few songs, Meteora was crap, MtM was great save for 2-3 songs, and ATS was epic. Written out like this, there's no doubt in my mind that they've gotten better with time (except for Meteora) so there's no contest here.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

After a few months of listening to ATS, I can honestly say I don't miss the band's old style. For me, ATS is by a large margin their best album. I love how evident the experimental mindset of the band is on the album. The band havn't yet made a song that I don't like, but some of their weaker material is at times almost embarrassing to listen to. There are certain songs on Meteora and Minutes To Midnight in particular that I can't help but think alot of the make-up of the song was comprimised and ultimately watered down. On ATS it's obvious (at least ot me) that every single effort that could be made to create something different and new-sounding was made. The new experiemental rock/electronic style is something I only wish the band moved towards sooner. I think it's unfortunate that they had the oppertunity to do that by building on Reanimation but instead attempted to make a carbon copy of Hybrid Theory.

The only thing I think I miss about the old-style LP is the raw energy that came from some of their heavier songs. When songs like With You and Lying From You dropped, you couldn't help but feel the need to headbang and go crazy. That said, songs like Wretches & Kings and Blackout do compensate and there is always potential for the band to create heavy material using their new-found electronic style. After all, electronic music is probably the most diverse of all genres.

Benjamin

Honestly, this should end the thread. These are my thoughts exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself!

That too.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Only after we get the A Thousand Suns Full Experience Tour!:awesome:

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

The other night I listened to Meteora for the first time since September. I had already been heavily critical of it at the time but man, it's honestly worse than I remember. Outside a few songs (Session, Faint, Fig9 & BTH and even then the demos for F9 & BTH are so much better) & a little nostalgia kick I didn't enjoy it at all. So forced & juvenile.

HT has held up well overall, but no, I'm happy they aren't continuing down that limited path.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

This, I almost forgot. Rob really stood out through the years.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Octopost? I'll raise you an OctoMOM!

[​IMG]

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

No, I do not miss the old LP.

I do not miss albums full of the same songs over and over again.

I do not miss verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge at the 2 minute mark-chorus-end.

I do not miss generic lyrics about how someone wronged me and they lied to me and I'm really upset about it blah blah blah.

I do not miss the completely formulaic approach they took to writing music.

I do not miss music that sounded like it was manufactured to sell on rock radio (catchy choruses, big heavy guitars, same structure, over-simplified lyrics, etc.)

I do not miss their "heavy" sound, because heavy music does not mean good music.

I liked all of that stuff when Hybrid Theory first came out. Which was when I was in the 5th grade. I'm in college now. I'm more intelligent and have better, more eclectic taste in music. I'm sure not many people like the same TV shows or movies they did when they were that young either.

I appreciate Linkin Park's current music, because I appreciate more honest, poetic lyrics, I appreciate unconventional and creative music (songs that are not simply verse-chorus, like WTCFM, Blackout, Robot Boy, TC), I do like me some electronic music, and I love intelligent music. I appreciate music as an art.