Do you miss the old LP??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by pooldude, Feb 3, 2011.

Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

so without "omg do u miss teh oldzz el pee", we're nothing?

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

I dont....and incase if i do mis d old LP..i listen to HT nd Meteora..as simple as dat.. i love M2M,ATS
    Rob nd chester hav improved so much...

tough i miss d FM mike...

to ppl who say LP is missing the HT energy...i just put on blackout...chester'Fuck it are u listenin'....isn't der so much energy..?? u can notice the builds up are better ,,as in catalyst ,iridescent,robot boy,...but dat may give a feeling of less energetic songs...but...seriously..in ATS..d songs have such great endings...WFTE,WTCFM,TC,...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
    Mitch

Mitch YTB

I don't really miss the old sound at all. I like how much mature they are now, and it definitely shows in ATS.

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I have to call this one out. Have you even read the interviews with the band members? I've never known them to be more passionate and excited about making music as much as they are now. If anything, they're pouring more energy, heart, soul, blood, sweat, tears and phlegm in to making great music. I'm not saying they were any less emotive about making music before, but to write off their current material as something less than their absolute essence is wrong. They damn well attempt suicide trying to push their creativity.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Yeah.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I tried listening to Minutes to Midnight today, and got to Bleed it Out. Then I tried Meteora, and only reached Lying From You. I said fuck it to Hybrid Theory, and listened to A Thousand Suns again. So no, I don't miss the old LP at all.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I actually listened to Meteora in its entirety while working out today for the first time in a long while. I enjoyed it thoroughly. But I still don't want another album like it.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

I just miss the Energy, ATS was just a wake up record for all of us.
    Do I miss Old LP ? Yea , just being honest .

Dj-Jay

Dj-Jay Active Member

I enjoy the change they've created very much and if i start to miss the old lp, then i'll listen to it ;)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

There's only one LP to me, and they're still around. ;P

KeshiyaLP

KeshiyaLP Member

I do miss the energy they had but I love the fact that they've evolved. I have this whole new level of respect for LP now than I ever did before.
    hope that makes sense :p

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

The 'old LP' died in 2003 when Meteora came out.
    If you didn't realise back when HT came out, LP are a band that have a million different influences. You're never gonna know what they'll release.
    Personally at this point, I just find it unusual how similar HT and Meteora were.

It's the same band guys, they're always going to change. That's the whole point.

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

:thumbsup:

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

I agree that ATS is their best album to date. MTM took time to grow on me but ATS was a instant hit of awesomeness! I don't really miss it that much, if i'm honest I probably won't be as passionate about their music today if they didn't change.

For example I love Disturbed, Korn, Slipknot, but their no where near on the same level as LP, because LP are so creative with their music now, whereas these bands are not at all that creative I feel. They just release very similar material, very predictable that I tend to get bored with it.

I really can't wait for the next album, and what they come up with, because this band has changed drastically but in such a great way and you just don't know what the next album will sound like.

So in short, NO lol!

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Nu-Metal or GTFO.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

No I don't. And believe it or not, I came to that conclusion last night watching SNL. There's just something about the band musically now that hadn't existed before A Thousand Suns came out. I feel more so now, than I did with HT, that this band has staying power. I truly think this is the only new band from the 2000s that will be around for more than 20 years. They just have to keep getting along. No Paramore shock breakups kthnx.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

hahaha derek. though i do enjoy paramore. but you are correct, ATS brings to me something that does feel different. I don't want to call it more mature, but the sounds been precisioned and the lyrics have been well thought out. I mean the album is a piece of artwork that can be visualized in so many ways. I don't think ATS lacks the energies because some of the songs just weren't designed to be energetic. There are songs like Jornada Del Muerto and Robot Boy that make me rock out way more than i did with even HT. The electronics bring on an energy like no other I absolutely love it.

p.s. derek, shouldn't you get rid of the punching villagers bear suit phrase and switch it to something more like "You liking the ketchup?"

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

Robot Boy is the only shame thing about ATS, I love the piano in it, and is quite relaxing, but I need to really be in the mood to listen to that song, it is quite repetitive. But again there being creative so I like that there doing this sort of thing.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

funny that you say that because i think of robot boy in quite the opposite. it was the most unexpected song from ATS and its also one of the most creative

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It wasn't that much of a shock really, the Farros just took their time getting to the point where they left and even then they had to be a pair of bitches about it.