What's the floor area of a Linkin Park concert like?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Ben, Feb 1, 2011.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

So I'm going to be seeing LP when they hit San Jose later this month, and I'm going in General Admission. Now, this is not my first time seeing Linkin Park, nor is this anywhere near my first concert. I saw LP in 2008, but I had a seat. I was wondering, on a general scale, what's the intensity like on the floor at an LP concert for those of you who have recently gone?

I've been in the pits with bands like Atreyu, Paramore, and Hollywood Undead, and I have to say that I've never experienced anything more insane/crazy/dangerous than the Paramore pit. It surprised me, but the people there were out of their mother fucking minds.

I want to rock out, but I also want to be able to enjoy the concert while I'm on the floor. So, what should I expect?

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

hahaha....Paramore pits I don't think compare with some LP pits. It really depends on where you live since from what i've heard Atlanta crowd was terrible while the crowds here in St. Paul were crazy. People were crowd surfing throwing stuff and flashing Phoenix :lol:

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Lots and lots of people you want to punch in the face, even before they start jumping into you.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

LP concerts: Everyone records everything.

--RS

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

If it's more insane than the Paramore concert I was at, then it must just delve into the dangerous category. Seriously, people were passing out and being thrown to the front so the security guards could take them out.

I just have to mentally prepare myself for it then, I'm usually one of the taller people in the crowds, but the atmosphere in a pit is unlike anything else.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

During OSC at my show I counted 10 or so people that got lifted up and got carried all the way to the front, over the barricade :lol:. It was crazy.

I personally enjoyed the hell out of my seats, although it helped that they were the best seats there.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

If you're concerned about a pit, or want to experience a good one, go see Killswitch Engage live like I did, and experience the Wall of Death.

Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

according to friends (not hawk this time, haha) you will get pushed around a little bit near the front, nothing to worry about

Anticipation96

Anticipation96 Human Being

LOL, I was previously unaware that it was so dangerous to be in a pit. Makes me appreciate the seats I have xD

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I had to throw my elbows around a bit, but it's pretty much because of people that need a punch in the face.

DangerousAnimal

DangerousAnimal New Member

When I went to Projekt Revolution '08 there was an annoying middle-aged drunk man and lots of pushing. It very enjoyble except for the fact Chris Cornell jumped on us :lol:

I agree with Zane though... it does depend on where you live. :)

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

Floor is fairly tame nowadays due to ATS not being heavy.

With that said, when they play anything from Hybrid Theory that isn't In The End or Crawling, pits from hell spawn

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

So there are only pits during One Step Closer or Papercut because there the only songs they play from Hybrid Theory that isnt In the End or Crawling.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Its fairly tame. People are so busy recording it on their flips and phones to go nuts :lol:

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Not bad at all. The must fucking insane crowd I've ever been involved in was August Burns Red. That shit was nuts. LP's crowd now is more jumping up and down if anything. No pushing and shit like that

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

Faint has pits as well. Idk why I forgot to say Meteora. Papercut doesn't really have pits, but the whole section of people that were part of the pit were chanting for papercut.

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

Depends on the song, your not gonna get pits during Shadow of the day lol, but i'd say the crowd go mental on songs like Papercut, One Step Closer, APFMH (if your lucky), Faint, From the Inside, Lying From You, Given Up, No More Sorrow. Yeah you get the picture, it won't be dangerous, just alot of fun.

Well I say that but when I went to the O2 arena to see them back in 2008, they played APFMH and One Step Closer last and there was a big pit near where I was standing, couldn't control myself during APFMH and went in I ended up getting someone charge at me with his head and got me straight in the chest which bloody hurt. Also I saw someone walking out bleeding in the head.

But besides that its all good :D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Haha alright it doesn't sound too bad. I'll just have to brace myself when I hear the nu-metal start. lol

Fuck I'm excited. Less than two weeks now!

appreciated

appreciated Member

I enjoy the pit only when I'm on the barricade. I don't like being pushed too much, I'd rather be a little squished. So I line up early and get the barricade.

Toronto's show Tuesday was really low key. I think Chester being sick really down played things and I only saw maybe 5 crowd surfers?? In 2008 London Ontario there were sooooo many crowd surfers it was insane. I got booted in the head by one. But it was way more low key this time around.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If there are pits and stuff there I'd be surprised if they were that bad. And even if you want to avoid them you should just be able to stand outside of them.