RESCHEDULED: Houston TX & Dallas TX Shows

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

LP loves Texas.

Deal with it.

:p

lance2769

lance2769 Member

Come on guys...some of you give me the impression that you've never been to a major concert before. It's winter time! People get sick! Concert cancellations happen ALL THE TIME! Staging a concert tour night after night, in state after state and country after country is tiresome! This is the reason why there are splits in the dates; to allow rest, travel time and unexpected circumstances. This one just happens to be a little longer than most. How can you blame Chester for being ill? If you've ever followed other bands/singers on tour then you know that this kind of stuff comes up at least once or twice during a major tour. I've been to over 30 concerts (11 of them LP) and have yet to see a an extended concert tour in which sickness, reschedules or postponements didn't occur. The LP guys and LPU is currently in a transitional stage in which members are getting more benefits than ever before; the guys are making themselves more available to their fans through increased meet and greets, LPU Summits, special fan-only invites such as the TTS Listening parties, book/tattoo shop signings, etc. And not to forget that they always put 100 % into their concert performances which is why they are considered one of the best Live bands. They are in my opinion one of only a handful of bands that actually make themselves that available to their fans. So after all that they are now doing to give back to there fans, it is very inconsiderate and selfish to whine, make accusations and point fingers. Be disappointed but don't place blame on circumstances beyond Chester's control. LP will make up these cancellations to all their fans. I can guarantee this based on how much they all care about their fans and how much they have given back in the past. Instead of whining, let's help nurse Chester back to health with love and support and see that with the rescheduling of the Texas shows there is that glimmer of hope that we will soon be seeing the greatest band back on the road doing what they do best!

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

Well OBVIOUSLYY we have a sick person in Linkin Park. He's climbin in your schedule, snatchin your tour dates up, tryin to reschedule them so y'all better hide yo' tickets, hide the changes to yo calendar, cause they replacin every date out here.

You don't have to infect Chester, we're lookin for Flu. We gon' CUUUURE you, We gon CUUREEE you. So you can run and scream THAT, homeboy.

We got a healthy rapper, uninfected band you are so DUMB. You are so DUMB, forreal.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Welcome to the LPA, but I don't think I've seen ONE person complain about them cancelling any shows on the LPA. I've seen nothing but well wishes and general discussion about the rescheduled dates. I definitely haven't seen anyone whine, make accusations and point fingers, especially on this forum.

lpfmfan

lpfmfan On My Own

:D I was so bummed yesterday cuz Houston was canceled and i was pretty sure Dallas was canceled too and I was going to both and now? Words cannot express how I feel.. :D
    So much TX love :3

I believe I saw this exact same post on LP.com lol, did you copy and paste? xD

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Actually in a previous post, the third cancellation i believe, i remember specially one posting that was EXTREMELY accusative and immature. But who cares, important is the most are conscient people and allows Chester's body and mind and his great voice to return in its best form on stage.

lance2769

lance2769 Member

Thank you Storm...I was indeed referring to prior comments on prior cancellation notices. LPFMFAN - yes, I did copy and paste a similar post on LP.com due to similar sentiment among disgruntled fans about Chester's illness and their cancellations. I think we all have a responsibility as fans of the band to keep the calm and spread positive word. I read the forum and comments on here periodically and after reading some negative comments about Chester, finally felt compelled to join LPA and leave my comment. Let's stay positive and look forward to the upcoming shows!

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

:rofl: nicely done :lgh:

Joe

Ha, really? I understand people have been disappointed but I've not seen anyone accuse Chester of anything, or be disgruntled by his illness and definitely leave any negative comments about Chester being ill. If you can find me one post in any of these cancellation threads where someone has bashed Chester for being ill, that warrants your post of telling us to calm down, I'd love to see it. I mean, even if there was "prior comments in previous threads" and "one person being immature and accusative", I'm pretty sure it doesn't deserve you coming in here and telling everyone to calm down, especially in the thread where there's nothing but get well wishes and discussion about the rescheduled dates, lol.

I don't know, I don't mean to drag it on but it just seemed a bit out of place to post a long ass post about people bashing Chester when I've not seen anyone post anything of the sort on these boards.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Good News!!!

mizike

mizike Active Member

COMPLETE CRAP LINKIN PARK. HUGE FAN, but to Cancel these shows then reschedule only a select shows is a terrible way to treat your fans. So we just miss out on A THOUSAND SUNS tour, and your going to what give us a free download to the CONCERT WE SHOULD HAVE SEEN. THis is ridiculouse, either cancel them or make them up, dont make some up and screw the rest of us.

Joe

I guess I take back what I said above. :lol:

You do realize that it isn't exactly Linkin Park's fault? They have to work together with the venue to reschedule dates and if they can't agree with the venue as to when this is, unfortunately they can't do much about it. The venues they're not rescheduling is probably because the venue has a full calendar booked in the next month, and trying to coordinate three shows with each other makes it even more difficult. It sucks yeah, but it's just one of those things, it's not like Linkin Park are going "Yeah, fuck those guys at the shows we cancelled, let's only reschedule two shows to piss them off!". If they could do it, I'm sure they would.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

You act like they have a choice in the matter. It's not like the venue is only open to just Linkin Park. The venues have other events happening as well that most likely conflicted the only dates that Linkin Park had available to reschedule. If they couldn't, then it's not exactly a "fuck you" to the rest of the people who were looking forward to a show. They do what they are able to and if they aren't able to, then so be it.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

This might be hard to comprehend, because sometimes it is for some people, but they will tour again sometime in the near future. Perhaps maybe late summer? I would hope for that because just because you missed out on them due to circumstances beyond the band's control for this tour doesn't mean you'll never see them again. I understand your frustration but it is what it is and nothing is going to change that.

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

You are definitely one of the lesser intelligent people I've seen type on the internet.

lance2769

lance2769 Member

Joe, for an LPA "Administrator" you sure do conduct yourself in a negative way when you state that I am "out of place" for simply posting a positive comment in a forum that is intended to "have a place" for positive comments. Aren't you suppose to encourage people to do so and not come down on them? Funny how my point was proven following your last comment. Anyway, no need to drag this topic on. As a personal friend of Chester and Talinda's, I felt compelled to reply to some of the comments being made about his sickness. Simple as that...

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Hey Lance, I understand your point but I agree it seemed pretty out of place in this thread when you posted your first comment! Of course you were proven right shortly after. I guess there will ALWAYS be people complaining about something and there's nothing we can do about that except ignore them, lol.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

With all due respect, I did not see anything negative in Joe's posts or anything that would be considering as "coming down" on anybody. I realize where you were coming from in your first post, as well as what you were trying to say...but you're taking what Joe said the wrong way. Joe simply stated that he did not see the negativity you were referring to, and instead (via his own observations) felt the general mood of the forums was one of concern, and support for Chester instead of what you perceived as overwhelming negativity.

Nobody on these boards blames Chester for what happened with the concerts and anybody who does is an idiot and shouldn't post here, because Chester's health is top priority. Much like you, we were all extremely worried for Chester's well being and were wishing him the speediest of recoveries. Some of us even think that he shouldn't go back to performing so quickly after being sick, as the effects of a flu are long lasting.

However...to call Joe negative for stating a personal observation, well there's just no need for it. Joe didn't mean any negativity against you, and he was simply trying to say that he feels the LPA has been supportive towards Chester. He was defending the site.

We have nothing but love for Chester, and if you are indeed a "close personal friend of Chester and Talinda" please relay our well wishes and let them know we hope he's feeling a lot better.

lance2769

lance2769 Member

Thanks Derek. Your point is well taken. I'll be sure to pass on the well wishes on behalf of the LPA. Keep doing what you guys are doing!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you, we appreciate that.

I believe the aggravation in this thread was merely just a product of a huge misunderstanding. Since your first post was copied and pasted across several boards, Joe felt it appropriate to defend our site and clarify to you that we had not partaken in any of the "Chester bashing" that happens to be existing on LP.com and other LP fan boards. We've always been very supportive of Chester and the band's well being here, and anybody who would be heartless enough to bash Chester for being ill, would certainly not be well received here. Infact they'd probably be warned because it's not fair to hold Chester accountable for something that wasn't his fault.

So yeah, it was just a misunderstanding. No negativity was intended, we were just shocked that you mentioned people hating on Chester being ill, because we wouldn't tolerate that here ever. Chester's health is more important than anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.