OFWGKTA/Swag Music Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Jordan, Feb 19, 2011.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I mean everywhere else on the internet has one...

[youtube]XSbZidsgMfw[/youtube]
    [youtube]78_loMbmKJ8[/youtube]
    [youtube]W_yjHfAyh80[/youtube]
    [youtube]VBKOJ-o9oJM&NR=1[/youtube]

SWAG. FUCK 2DOPEBOYZ. FUCK STEVE HARVEY.

etc.

swag ▲▲▲▲

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Too gimmicky. But I still watched that first video at least 5 times yesterday :lol:

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

These guys kind of remind me of Onyx.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

i approve of this thread. between Odd Future and Lil' B the Basedgod, my faith in hip-hop is slowly coming back. these kids are amazing. like i said elsewhere, keep your B.o.B.'s and Lupe Fiasco's, I will gladly take Tyler, or Earl, or MellowHype over those dudes.

LOL at whoever said it's too gimmicky. It's no more of a gimmick than Lupe's whole nerdy bullshit, or Bruno Mars stepping out of the 1950s.

fuck Wu-Tang, ODD FUTURE WOLF GANG KILL THEM ALL!! SWAGG!!

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Yeah even if Tyler is a massive hipster straight edge film student dude, he puts on the act so well that it's actually believable that he snorts coke, rapes bitchez and kills cops. Stage energy is fucking intense as well - every member of the group does something differently as well, and almost everything they've released is worth listening to.

Golf Wang > Wu Tang it's official.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

You should scour YouTube for the best Lil' B songs (preferably from "Rain in England"), and post them all in this thread so everyone can thank BasedGod for saving hip hop. I would, but I have to sleep.

THANK YOU BASEDGOD

EDIT: Or you could find the backstage videos of their Fallon performance that was on Pitchfork that Vimeo removed. :(

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

You just said Lil B is bringing you faith back in hip-hop :rofl:. I can't, with a right mind, take your opinion on the genre seriously. Have a good day!

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Keep jizzing your pants over Lupe's new shitty material, dude. Atleast Lil' B knows how to market himself, as does OFWGKTA. Something Lupe could really learn from these guys, and they're younger than him. They don't have to rely on an online petition to get the artist's own label to release his album :)

stone age motherfuckers

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Okay, I'm kind of confused about what I just watched/heard... So are these guys like, mixing hip-hop with macabre/horror-esque themes? Is that what they're known for? Or are bizarre videos just their visual gimmick? The visual style of their videos reminds me of Dir en Grey's videos on a low-budget scale. :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Don't know what Lupe has to do with this other than to troll Agent O for his musical tastes.

Tread carefully. Back on topic.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

"We don't fucking make horrorcore you fucking idiots, listen deeper to the music before you put it in a box."

They're known for being THE WOLF GANG.

[youtube]1C-ITwI_8lU[/youtube]

[​IMG]

$pvcxGhxztCasey

it's not horrorcore, or anything like that. it's lil' wayne on crystal meth.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Okay, look, this is why I was hoping by posting in this thread I would be able to get a more coherent answer because I've already read these types of responses online. Surprise, surprise... None of that makes any sense. Instead of giving me some random group name (which is pretty useless), why not say something like, "there's a deeper meaning to their lyrics," or something actually helpful? I can say I'm part of the Wolf Pack. That could mean some underground hip-hop group, or it could mean the WCW wrestling stable. Hell, it's like saying Linkin Park is known for being THE FROG PRINCE. I'm not trying to "define" these guys, I'm asking whether or not this is what they're representing, or if this is what's made them popular. Notice I didn't use the word "horrorcore". I'm asking, as someone who is sometimes a fan of the macabre thematic in music, if this is what they're doing. As someone who appreciates the visual aesthetics of Dir en Grey's music videos and song themes. I'm not familiar with this group, hence why I asked the question(s) in the first place. I'm not interested in listening to someone boast about rape, murder or what have you... but if there is deeper meaning to their music, perhaps I'll give it a better listen, so that I can find those "underlining meanings"... but for the love of god, don't bite people's heads off for asking a simple question. Or worse, give them a silly answer like "THE WOLF GANG". Which made no sense, even after watching the performance video. By the way, that Jimmy Fallon performance is pretty horror-esque in its themes so instead I'm just going to assume horror is their shtick. Except for the garden gnomes. Well, unless they're killer garden gnomes. And the AC/DC dance that they do, which was awesome. :lol:

On a less musical note, whenever I hear "wolf gang" I think of "Wolfgang Puck"; the fine dining restaurant. Or Wolfgang Amadeus, the famous classical composer. So, you know, in the future you might want to not defend them like that. Just saying. People can draw many different conclusions from that.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

In music class the teacher was like: "that was what wolfgang amadeus mozart was known for", and I looked at my friend and said "IT'S THE WOLF GANG WOLF GANG".

They're basically some skater dudes who decided to rap for fun one day, and started putting albums out about coke, rape, killing cops, satan etc. because they were the first things that came to their heads. Their aesthetic (ofwgkta.tumblr.com) takes obvious cues from okkvlt witch house shit that was going on for most of last year. A lot of the lyrics are pretty intelligent and fucking hilarious and Tyler's a film student or something, so he knows what he's doing with the videos.

But really, it's all about the swag. free earl.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Their content is disgusting and disturbing, but quite interesting.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

everything doesn't have to have a meaning behind it. it's just teenagers having fun, but making pretty good songs as well.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

AWWWW.

In other Twitter news, Tyler has announced he'll be selling out very soon, and can't wait to hear us bitch about how we miss the older Tyler.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

so qt. Tyler's twitter is the greatest thing ever - If Only He Didn't Start Every Word With A Capital Letter.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I tweeted at him, trying to goad him into replying by cursing at him. I need to know if this motherfucker is going to be at Bonnaroo.

swagg.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot