"Burning In The Skies" Video Premiere!

Discussion in 'News' started by Agent, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I actually really liked it. I couldn't believe it's an LP video, but then again, isn't that what Linkin Park's all about? I was like "Whaaaaa people? 0.0" and then I finally got it: What would you do in your last moments of life? Great concept, I don't mind slow-mo at all :lol: and at least when they used the band footage, the guys looked badass when they're in desperation.

And plus I think the girl in the bathroom was bullemic or anorexic, and she just wants this world to stop and end for her, like it just did in the bridge (except taking the others too). I also thought the kid in the lion mask was actually bright and very cute xD needed to lighten up at times, you know?

2. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Kissing AND an underwear-clad girl in an LP video? :kappa:

3. arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

One of my favourite music videos done by the band. It is second only to "What I've Done" for me. I love music videos that tell a story instead of just being a performance based 3 minute video. I won't be surprised if some people are unable to get the story being told which is pretty simplistic but effective as it keeps to the theme of the album as a whole. To me, the theme of "Iridescent" would be the next chapter of the story of this video as it deals with the aftermath.

Cool shot = Chester horizontal = 10
    Directing = 9
    Story = 10
    Final Grading =:awesome:

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Chester horizontal = Greatest American Hero.

"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air..."

5. LP4Hope

LP4Hope ROCK & ROLL!

Connect the dots. Then say "W-o-w!"

So, I like ATS. And these videos are just making me like it even more. After reading some posts I can see people are making sense out of it, which is awesome! Because I was totally lost...in the beating of the storm. ;) I like the direction that LP is going, It's very legendary. And after seeing BITS I was surprised, and I feel like I understand a lot more now, then I did before.

Oh and guys, stop hating on Joe. He see's things differently then the rest of humanity, which is very artistic. :) If you don't like his directing, then that's fine. I'm not arguing with you guys, I'm just saying he can only be himself.

6. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

LP real shows us how they are grown up now, and I'm really happy to see a big part of their fans (me included) growing up with them.

This is a very mature video, it isn't made for kids or young teenagers, this is made for grown people who can understand them, they gain my respect more and more everyday.

Never, even for a second, I regret for being an hardcore LP fan since I was a kid, now I'm almost 19, I'm starting to see life in other way, like a man, and watching MY band evolving like they do in every single album they make, it's such a pleasure...

7. arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

I think Iridescent would be the continuation of the story in this video if they ever decided to make a music video for this song as it deals with the aftermath of BITS story. I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought of Iridescent.

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Pretty much agree with this; they said they wanted the videos they made for "A Thousand Suns"' singles to be consistent, and that they wanted them to be different. This new video is different in that the immediate focus isn't the band performing but something like a plotline, and it also tries to bring the same kind of tension that the video for "The Catalyst" did. They didn't go straight for "this is gonna be really flashy and energetic!" but for something more, which makes good sense.

9. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

that would be a dream come true. i've been saying that since the beginning of the album release

10. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Mr. Hahn already said they were going to maybe do it but it ended up not happening. Shit would have been real if it wouldn't have happened though.

11. Zane

yeah...but that also changed. mike also said they were talking about making a movie remember. i really can see a high chance of it and i wouldn't put it past LP

12. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

WOW i believe it ........

maybe this would be one next big step and nice inspiration from LP.....

f$%^^ckkkk i LOVE THEM

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

A few more videos like this new one and, yeah, a movie doesn't look too far-off :)

14. Zane

haha, i just realized they kept the piece of empty spaces in there. what i'm surprised with the recent LP videos is that both BITS and WFTE kept in the additional endings that lead into the following songs. It's unusual since singles usually get stuff as minor as such editted out......questionable eh?

15. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

That video was a waste of my time. It was wack.

I'll give Linkin Park the benefit of the doubt and say that this was a fake video, with some scenes from The Catalyst and Waiting For The End mixed into this fake.

I'll stick to that until the video actually comes out at the end of March.

16. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

you took my thought ... i realised this thing you say from the WFTE video ... but i wasn't sure if they just forgot to edit the sound ... it's like the audio from the album.... but the same is done withe BITS video...

coincidence??

EDIT : i still believe that LP, with this record made more than just music... they made ART

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Lol, holy shit, how many more times. This isn't fake. The video was never officially announced for the end of March, the single was. The single is being released as a CD single on that date. The reason this video has not been posted anywhere by Linkin Park is because it's being released in Europe only. Hence, every fucking big name reputable music site from every country in Europe posting it. This will circulate, get air time on TV and make people interested to go out and buy the CD single in a months time. This isn't fake.

PS, this isn't fake.

18. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

"Lol, holy shit" is right Joe :lol:

I'm still debating whether or not A Thousand Suns is fake. I dunno, it doesn't sound anything like Hybrid Theory!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  19. thor

thor Well-Known Member

heres my take on what the video means. i think what it means is that the people in the video are all living their normal everyday life not forgetting that the world has changed and the world could end at any time, like the explosion at the end(which in my mind is an atomic bomb). all the people didnt see it coming and got blown away. i think the message of the video is that we should NOT ignore what is going on around the world and pretend nothing is happening until it would be to late and the END of us all.

20. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I don't get it. But that's ok, its just a music video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.