"Burning In The Skies" Video Premiere!

Discussion in 'News' started by Agent, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

to me, its not a good video at all. everything they do now is regarded as creative, matured and whatsoever. It's an average music video. I get the idea behind it and I see there is some kind of a plot to all the videos but I dont think they spended much time on the story boards, which is okay if you realize that videos aren't that important and expensive nowadays.

To me it's like hearing Mike Shinoda farting would be innovative, creative and legendary to some people. BITS is a pop-song and the video is just a video, there's nothing special about it.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

10 points to Gryffindor!

What's not to get?

3. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I don't understand the video. People moving in slow motion and then explosions. Not their best work imho. I like the Waiting for the End video much more.

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I guess I'm pretty late on my response, since I had to work today, but that music video literally had NOTHING to do with the music at all. It wasn't bad, but normally I enjoy LP's music videos. This one just didn't take the cut.

EDIT: And before you say that Waiting For The End has nothing to do with the music either, just realize that music video didn't have a story behind it, and was just for art.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

People going about their everyday lives, colour treatment and slow-motion resembling elements of "The Catalyst", chick breaking mirror à la "Breaking The Habit", band shots that look suspiciously similar to ones from "Waiting For The End", and everyone senselessly dies at the end. :)

6. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Song nothing to do with the video. Wrong.

Sorry.

7. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

This is what I take from the song and video:

Song: You are living from the mistakes of your past and accepting that its your own fault. I see two different meanings in the song. The chamber's of the human heart line make me believe its about the relationship. The blood of innocence line makes me think its about how we the people fucked up the world.

Video: People just living there lives, doing nothing, and a bomb goes of. I mean I think it has nothing to do with the song. It would have been better to show like how we have to accept what we have done to this planet with like wars and stuff. But no it shows a poor kid playing in his room and he gets blown away by a bomb.(I know i know, the whole blood of innocence thing) But it just shows like 3 different things of normal people in slow motion.

I think joe should have put something to show that man-kind did something and this would be the result of it, to set a plot to why the bomb went off and what caused it. Instead of 3 minutes in slow motion he could have done that, and then show all the normal people being blown up. That to me would have been a perfect video. I thought the end was beautiful though.

8. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Just want to say that the guys trust Mr. Hahn, they know how he does their videos. If you don't know the style of Mr. Hahn or Mr. Shinoda, you just won't understand their videos.

9. arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Bitter much?:rolleyes:

So effing what if BITS is a pop song?(not that i agree with that statement) Since when did pop song become a euphemism for bad? Much like the people who keep insisting on using Justin Bieber as an insult to for whatever they don't like or think isn't cool enough for them.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Honestly, I don't give a shit if BITS is "pop". It's one of the best songs the band has ever written.

11. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

It took me a couple of watches, but now I really like it. They could've let up on the slow-mo though.

12. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

As most are saying, the video surprised me on first viewing.

However, I can now safely say that I love it. Love the look, theme and story of it. I appreciate the extent to which the band are going 'against the grain' with both the album and its music videos. I'm glad other people have caught on to the fact that the videos are all connected (so far). Hope this trend continues.

Oh and WTH? How are people still clinging to the hope that this is fake? The band are wearing different clothes just for starters...

13. Vdalem

I wonder if the LP spies reading all this?

14. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

'Tis a damn good song.

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Mike reads threads on occasion as a guest. It's been confirmed by him posting stuff from here on his blog lol :).

16. Vdalem

Eep! *ducks under desk* Ignored the thread where I called you Mikey Mike. *chuckles*

17. Vic

Vic No game no life

You bet he does :p

18. WheresMyFckngFrappuccino?

WheresMyFckngFrappuccino? I ordered a frappuccino.

finally a video where there's actors and not just LP performing. I like it, but I kind of don't get the story :O

19. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Couple watching tv, later joined by family - family love
    Party, guys playing, having fun - friends
    girl writing letter - self-reflection
    kid wearing mask - separating himself(heart) from others
    couple kissing in car - love
    woman look at mirror - self-abase
    Man sitting with portrait of lost wife - lost love, pain

And in the end, everything is lost.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  20. Vdalem