"Burning In The Skies" Video Premiere!

Discussion in 'News' started by Agent, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

:lol: You guys are crazy!

On Topic: I took a look back at what Mike said about "The Catalyst" video and applied it to this video.

"Mike Shinoda said: “The concept to the video: It kind of comes from the idea of if you could imagine when nuclear fission was invented, or a moment in time when something can be used for positive or negative. Something can be beautiful or it can be destructive. Or even if you’ve ever seen a dangerous fire from far away, it’s devastating up close, but from far away, it can be beautiful. Those are the kind of themes that run throughout the album, and they’re also themes that you see in the video.”

I think the theme of beauty in destruction seems to apply for all the videos hence why it looks like a "glitter bomb" is going off. :awesome:

2. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

[​IMG]

3. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

4. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think it was a nice video. It just proves once again the heart of the band being different from other MTV kind of videos. Is a very human related story which we should think about at times, a short slow moment which means happiness, that could be taken away forever in a second...

P.S. I was right when i said a few weeks ago this video could be in slow motion :D

5. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

This is the highest rated comment on Youtube and i think it sums up the video.

"This video shows how you can work at something your whole life only to have it destroyed in a second.

1)You see a normal family watching the news. When they find out whats about to happen the kids panic and run upstairs while the parents sit in shock.2)You see a student studying having no idea what is happening.3)A first date where they are in bliss.4)The blond girl who spent her who life being attractive only to have it end...

(Dont have room to explain party/child/man)

ELTACOKING 1 hour ago

6. Krystalsauntie

Krystalsauntie Member

It was posted on FB this morning so it is official

7. Krystalsauntie

Krystalsauntie Member

I tried to open this and it took em to something labeled "you're an idiot" and nothing happened...

8. 28thART

28thART The Hard Way

mmmm, a bit disappointing, yeh right it has nice things, specially i'm a big fan of the slow motion HD Videos, but i wised they move to another direction not like this, but more action, a WAR video, with sad people, and action !
    anyway for more info, the video was again based using:
    Particular from Trapcode collection ( the glow spheres).
    Optical Flares from videocopilot.net which i'm using it last few months, and it has nice lighting collections.

i give the video 7/10 or maybe 6/10.

9. Dean

Joe put that there :lol:

10. Krystalsauntie

Krystalsauntie Member

LOL

11. Krystalsauntie

Krystalsauntie Member

And it is on their website so it's official, stop being doubters peeps it's the real thing!

12. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I know :lol: I made my comment first and then they put it up on FB so clearly they read my comment and obeyed my commands. :kappa:

13. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

So, the main video is out now!

14. lprullzBG

lprullzBG Active Member

Lol, think about it. The whole album has the same feeling so the music videos for the songs have that feeling too. Its like a hybrid between The Catalyst and Waiting For The End videos and I love it. I think the videos are so alike because of the meaning of the album. And I'm waiting Mike to collect a movie of music videos from ATS :D

15. Dean

I was just thinking about the video, and I think that maybe it could be better at building momentum with the song. It sort of just keeps the same pace and mood for the majority of its duration, and when the song is more minimal it goes with it really well. That's it, really. It could be better but I don't think it's a bad video by any means.

16. LPSoul

LPSoul I find I can't rely on myself...

The first time I saw it, I thought it was really different and unexpected. Watching it a few times helped me understand it more.
    Linkin Park is changing through their music "ATS" and their music videos. They are experimenting new techniques and trying new things.

I agree that it might not be the best music video, but its good enough for me. :)

17. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

These are my same thoughts. Either somehow have more of a build up, or have the band members disguised as the "normal citizens" (Rob and Brad playing foosball, etc.) to at least make it more interesting.

But yeah, it's not bad at all.

18. bogdan971

bogdan971 Well-Known Member

Wait a second! I think the car in which mike sings during the catalyst is the same car as in the burning in the sky video and the room in which rob plays the drums is the room where those people were having a party during the catalyst.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Can we please get this up on iTunes LP? KThanks.

BTW, I love it, every video this era has been amazing.

20. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

Not great, not bad. Just another average video, though OSC takes the crown of worst LP video ever IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.