Why are the new music videos so boring now?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TimeSpree, Feb 18, 2011.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

One Step Closer: The chick that discovers the band actually looks like my half-asian cousin :lol: It was creepy for me for other reasons.
    Papercut: Rob not drumming = instant fail.
    Crawling: Trapped inside a crystal. Unoriginal. Childish. What is this, Emily Rodda directing?
    Numb: Reminded me of "Baby One More Time" film clip with the classroom scene. Instant fail.
    FTI: I know wtf is with that milk thing? What is this, Ireland during the Depression?
    WID: Absolutely agreed. When I saw it, I was like "Who the fuck would take Linkin Park seriously now since they've failed with the U2 look?"
    LOATR: Reminded me of the movie Armageddon. Instant fail.
    BIO: What is this, fight club?

:lol:

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

When they do speak their mind out and it was not what you think it should be, you'll say something like this post .
    I don't really get what you want.

Also, if people always think LP is the best, everything they put out is the best.....then, I believe hybridsoldier1989 wouldn't say anything like this post

Although you don't have intention to offend people who like BITS (to be specific), the way to state your mind makes lots of people misunderstand what you trying to say. This post is an example.

-You said people who like BITS (to be specific) are brainwashed <= you made a mistake
    -You said the video is lazy and boring (it is your opinion, but the way you say it is just like a fact)

This is my opinion about the video:
    -It is deep, successful in showing the life before death of many people in varied life and activity
    -Could have been better, cause I don't like how the band was in slow motion at the end
    To sum up, this is a quite good video, not bad, but not excellent either.

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

As this is a feedback forum per se, you should read everyones post as if it is their opinion unless stated otherwise, did I say it was a fact? No, I did not say people who liked the video were brainwashed, I stated that some fans have the tendency to not think intrinsically about whether they like something or not, I think everyone knows that, it exists in every form of media so unless you can quote me on that, the first point is void.
    Secondly I posted that I believe that it was lazily produced and boring, that is also my opinion, if you read it as a fact then I apologise, i'll make it clearer for people in future.

Henry

Just the way you say "some LP fans are brainwashed", considering we are in the same topic with the same thing to talk about, this really make people misunderstand you (as they don't know if you point your finger at them or someone else).

The reason why I read your post and thought you stated a fact:
    It could be just me (I believe there are other) to think that you proved BITS video is like what you said: lazy, boring....

I just want you to make thing more distinctive between opinion and fact so people can answer you in the less offensive way (they probably think you offend them one way or another).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Honestly, I deserve a fucking metal :lol:

Henry

Hahaha :lol:

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

People generally consider others' posts as opinion on here unless stated otherwise.
    If you have trouble understanding the difference between a fact and an opinion then I would suggest looking it up on wikipedia or something.

EDIT: It's ironic for someone, who believes every opinion to be a fact, to criticise someone for accusing people of being "brainwashed"
    that is all.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
    Henry

^: I don't have any problem in understanding people's opinion or the fact they stated. I just told you those things so no more war or "uncomfortable" post would be posted in this thread.

Have a nice day.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

[​IMG]

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Oh, oh, let me try:

One Step Closer: Fuck is this shit? Nu-ninjas? Next!
    Crawling: Buncha ice and shit, but whoa! Who's that chick?! WOULD
    Papercut: WHAT. THE. FUCK.
    In the End: C'mon, Mike. Spiky red hair and a popped collar? And what's up with the whale? I don't fuck with metaphors.
    Points of Authority: Life on the Road or 2 Tickets to the Rap-Rock Brodeo. End, plz.
    Somewhere I Belong: Fire! I like fire. Don't know about all this other noise, though. Monks kind of remind me of Mortal Kombat. C-
    Faint: If I wanted to stare at the band's backs, I'd blow a roadie to get backstage.
    From the Inside: Now we're talkin'! People getting beat down with big fuck-you clubs. I don't get the screaming kid. Maybe they made him watch all of their previous videos.
    Numb: Wahhh, my life sucks. STFU. Oh yeah, la chica: WOULD
    Breaking the Habit: Robbery! You think you're gonna get some gory, anime-inspired badassery, but they just keep showing this dude throwing a tomato. Fucking lame.
    What I've Done: GET YOUR FUCKING POLITICS OUT OF MY ROCK MUSIC, JOE CLOONEY. 'Fro's kind of wicked, though.
    Bleed it Out: It's official: Joe Hahn fucking HATES you!
    Given Up: Another live video. Joe must've been busy fucking something else up.
    Shadow of the Day: From the Inside -- The Shitty Version.
    Leave Out All the Rest: Cool video. Props to Danny Boyle.
    New Divide: Why does it look like Chester is covered with bloody jizz? I don't like these effects.
    The Catalyst: From the Inside -- The Slight Improvement Over the Shitty Version Version: With Tongue
    Waiting For the End: ...of this horseshit video.
    Burning in the Skies: Hahaha, oh man.

Dean

/thepostswherepeoplearedoingthis

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

As far as the music videos go, I've enjoyed them to a certain extent. Some of them I loved, some of them were just ok for me. The only ones that I really can't stand are New Divide, seeing as that song annoys me incredibly, and Given Up, which flat out gave me a headache after watching it. I don't get the hate for the Bleed It Out video though, seeing as that's my favorite one out of the MTM videos, with Shadow Of The Day coming in second.

Dean

I don't think Bleed It Out's video is bad as such either. It's not really any worse than most of the videos from their past two albums... and it's not any more "gimmicky" either, certainly not more so than their videos up to and including Somewhere I Belong, and at least one or two that they've done since. If having mech suits and upside-down ninjas in your videos for no practical reason isn't a gimmick I don't know what is.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

One Step Closer: I get the hate, but to be perfectly honest, the video doesn't do a terrible job capturing the song by any means. OSC is a song that's about losing your mind because you can't take it anymore. So really, the wtfery makes some sense. Also, I actually enjoy watching the band be so young. It helps me pretend I was a fan during those days, lol.
    Crawling: Again, captures the song pretty decently. This is actually one of my favorite LP videos. It has a good story and I like the positive ending. I love the part where Chester is staring at the girl through the glass.
    Papercut: Yet again, not a bad video, but no Rob drumming is pretty stupid.
    In the End: Alright, this is shit that I can't defend. Fucking terrible video :lol:.
    Points of Authority: Again, captures the young days pretty well. But gets an F in the creativity route, haha.
    Somewhere I Belong: This one is average at best. Given the song, it portrays it somewhat good though.
    Faint: I still don't know what to think of it. I really like the energy but at the same time, it's just the same thing throughout the video.
    From the Inside: Fucking great video. 'Nuff said.
    Numb: Cliché is the theme here. Pretty girl/band/pretty girl/band.....
    Breaking the Habit: Another exceptional video. Captures the song perfectly and has a great story/theme. Joe Hahn at his best right here.
    What I've Done: Not bad. I think it's alright to have one video like this.
    Given Up: Ugh. It doesn't help that I don't like the song all that much. I don't think I've watched it all the way through more than twice.
    Shadow of the Day: Great video! I like the change of just having Chester. This video deserved the awards that it won.
    Leave Out All the Rest: I like it. It's fun watching the band in space (lol) and I think the last image is powerful.
    Bleed It Out: I dunno. It's not terrible. There wasn't a whole lot Hahn could do with this song.
    New Divide: I originally liked it because it was one of a kind...then ATS happened. I blame this video for Hahn's overload of effects.
    The Catalyst: Decent, but would have been better if it would have been a little less abstract. I also wanted more action to happen during the turntable solo.
    Waiting For the End: New Divide, part 2. Too damn abstract for my taste.
    Burning in the Skies: Hahn almost got it right, but the first 2:30 needs work. Still a decent vid overall. Could have been fantastic.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Wow. That's all I have to say.

I think the Waiting for the End video is fucking brilliant, by the way. By no means boring.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Linkin Park best music videos are as follows in my humble opinion:

In no particular order:

1. Breaking The Habit.

2. What I've Done

3. The Catalyst

4. Burning In The Skies.

Honorary mention goes to: Faint.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Really? I love all of Linkin Park's Videos. Heck they're not all super crazy but Papercut and Waiting for the End are awesome. *Still waiting for an HD Enth E ND*

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

1. Breaking The Habit
    2. Leave Out All The Rest
    3. Shadow Of The Day
    4. Pts. Of Athrity ?
    5. Waiting For The End

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

This

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian