A Thousand Suns - Youtube Responses

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TimeSpree, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

Hey, I thought it would be interesting to make a thread where people could submit their opinions on A Thousand Suns via Youtube.
    Here is what I think are some relevant youtube reactions, it's interesting seeing what everybody thinks of the album and if people find some more good ones then please upload or make your own to put in here, thanks.

[video=youtube;xOF5IqoFbfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOF5IqoFbfE&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;_mwTcpOeiSA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mwTcpOeiSA&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;Td9ffcrnF7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td9ffcrnF7w&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;CpttzEiNmlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpttzEiNmlo&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;rfLzAC5PgXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfLzAC5PgXw&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;fLxceJ7bWu4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLxceJ7bWu4[/video]

EDIT:
    Here is a really interesting one, this guy listens to ATS for the first time on camera with reactions

[video=youtube;aqk_s80Ty7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqk_s80Ty7w&feature=related[/video]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I love how the guy on the last video talked so much smack about how MTM sucked and was a terrible album and then before he starts listening to the album goes and says how LP never made a bad song and how all of their songs were good. What the hell!? :confused:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

For the most part I try to avoid the parts of Youtube where people express their opinions.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

In order to do that you have to avoid youtube altogether :lol:

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I watched the first minute of the "Why A Thousand Suns sucks...listen up" video and was about ready to slam my head into a wall.

That kid in particular when talking about Robot Boy, says "there's no bridge there's no chorus!"

He doesn't realize it, but he's so programmed by radio-friendly music that he thinks all music must have that same structure.

This prevalent logic amongst people who don't like ATS is that it isn't like old Linkin Park.
    My response to that is usually: who gives a shit? I don't want more generic angsty lyrics with simple power chords blah blah blah.

I've been on this rant a ton of times, I don't want to do it again.

Edit: in the video where the guy listens to it for the first time, I'm pretty sure he jizzes his pants at 5:10.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Haha this.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Well, when I'm watching certain things on there I just avoid reading the comments haha.
    It's funny how he starts with how he thinks all their tracks should use that formula, then after that he pretty much contradicts himself when he complains that there isn't as much scratching and that there aren't tracks like Cure For The Itch.

With that one it's just the same stuff you always get from a section of their fanbase, but this time it was at least funny because he was visibly getting very pissed off just talking about it.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'm actually really enjoying watching the guy's reactions as he listens, you can tell he's a very knowledgable music fan. He can listen to a song and pick things out like "I'm hearing some Bjork maybe...? a little Massive Attack too."

he's not like the other idiots who say things like "MAN THIS SUX CUZ ITS NOT LP!"

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

You don't need to appear on a youtube video to express your own opinion. People who do that have way too much time on their hands. So people who do it are pretty lame and uncool, and are clearly in it for self-promotion and usually in a deluded state of mind. So what ATS sucks? Don't you have homework to do?

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

That's a little harsh to the people who take the time to do this, if you don't like their opinions then don't watch the videos and post in another thread. Thanks.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Sorry Sarah but I'm going to have to agree with the above post. People are perfectly free to do whatever they want, and just because it's something YOU wouldn't do personally, doesn't make it lame or uncool. Do we need to make a hipster Sarah smilie? [​IMG]

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

To the OP, we get it, you think ATS sucking fucks and fucking sucks.

Pretty sure this thread or the other one are not going to change anyone's mind here on how they personally feel about ATS, good or bad.

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

In this thread I have not discussed my opinion on A Thousand Suns, I have just posted what I think are some fair views on ATS and at the same time have actually been pretty leniant about that, these are actually some of the most positive I could find over about an hour or two.
    If you want to believe that I am trying to tell people the album sucks by posting this thread then that is fine, but it isn't true and I just thought this would be a nice idea, I have not posted my views in this at all, if you want to see my opinion then go to the 6 months later - A Thousand Suns thread, which is now banned due to certain contributors and VIP's getting a little immature and out of control (aside from my unnecessary Michael Jackson reference)

If you are not happy about the opinions on here then maybe you could find and post a video where somebody is being very positive to Linkin Park, or even make your own. Thanks.

Derek

As far as I'm aware this thread isn't negative? Please check out the first post again. There are many different views. One guy says he thinks ATS sucks entirely, while the other said he hated MTM but loved ATS, calling it a breath of fresh air for the music industry. Then you have the professional reviewer in the first post who was very impressed by the album.

As much as I feel TimeSpree did partially contribute to the closing of the last thread (sorry TS it wasn't only the 'VIPs' as you put it, you were just as much to blame), he's really done nothing wrong in this thread. I think it's time people chill out a little.

iamsatan

The thread is not negative, but after pulling a hey my opinion is this album sucks thread then to do a thread like this feels very saving face, just saying.

Derek

Maybe so, but saving face or not...this thread was going along well beforehand, and the comments directed towards him were not necessary. We've already handled any negativity in the other thread, so it's best this thread remains peaceful. If it doesn't, you can be sure it'll be closed just like the first.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

There's too much drama in these forums :FUUUUUU:

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I view comments on YouTube or any other site about ATS is either Love it or hate it, doesn't matter. It's what I think or what you think about it. If you like it then enjoy it. If you don't then listen to something eles. :)

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Absolutely agree with every word. I understand it when people do humorous videos on certain topics (it takes talent to be funny), but I seriously don't know who the fuck cares about some 14-year-old's opinion on anything.

iamsatan

sorry for tainting the thread, my bad. carry on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.