A Thousand Suns - Youtube Responses

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TimeSpree, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I was doing that 30 day challenge on Facebook and for one of the days I was looking through old LP videos on Youtube and on either One Step Closer or Numb, I think, the highest rated comments were "ZOMG DIS IZ TR00 HXC ELPEE" and stuff. That kinda sums up why I don't read coments on Youtube. It's like a Voltron formed by the most stupid people from the rest of the internet.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Problem with the above statement is...many of the people in the first post are way older than 14. Again, just because you don't care about their opinion...doesn't mean someone else wouldn't find it interesting.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That makes it ever worse.

Ok, tell me honestly, do you really enjoy watching random people rant on youtube about Linkin Park or anything else? 87%* of the people don't give a shit about random people's opinions.

*made up percentage

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

You may not enjoy hearing their opinions but I do, 87%* of people can be closed minded too.

* made up percentage

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

You could use that same argument to make these forums a waste of time. Whether they are or not, people enjoy posting in them. It's only human nature to share thoughts with others. Who cares how they do it?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

QFUMFT (quoted for ultimate motherfuckin truth). Thank you.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Only if it has Castiel's face on it not mine.

Edit. Sorry can I get this straight. By making youtube videos expressing one's opinions, it's not wanting their five minutes of fame or wanting people to subscribe to their channel? Wow. Got me there I really thought it was.

I have no problem with free speech, but there are other ways of declaring your opinion other than a five minute webcam video.

At least with a forum site you don't have ads bugging you to subscribe to my channel.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
    TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

So you don't complain about advertisements when you are watching Supernatural?
    There are so many ways in which to communicate your opinion nowadays, Youtube is one of them, as well as writing on forums, each have their pros and cons, I for instance am more likely to listen to somebody whom I can relate a name and face to, than a faceless forum user.

Gloomy Mushroom

I usually wait until the DVDs come out which has the 'skip' option on the DVD and there are no ad breaks, but if I'm desperate to see the new season that is not being shown in my country, I will download the episodes from the US, even then no ad breaks on my downloads, minus the annoying ad bars at the bottom. I see this question as irrelevant.

I'm more likely to relate to someone who's opinion is justified and I can agree with (thus my political stance). Youtube is a social network that has become more convenient for no-names to voice their opinion (much like myspace and Facebook) - but who really cares about someone who's seeking their five minutes of fame? Why do we actually care about these no-names with faces appearing on a webcam telling everyone that ATS sucks, when at the end of the day the only opinion that matters is our own?

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

You still haven't explained how posting a review on Youtube is any different than voicing an opinion on a forum such as this one. What do you mean "5 minutes of fame"? Most of these videos have a couple hundred plays. Hell, this thread alone was made yesterday and already has 379 views. I'm sorry, but I fail to see your logic here.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Dean

If you don't care what people on Youtube think the simple solution is just to not pay attention or get into arguments about them, and then they're only wasting their time and not yours. :p

Gloomy Mushroom

That's why I don't watch the videos to begin with :p

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

No-names? Wow so you only listen to celebrities? What makes their opinions more valid than every other human being?

Dean

I don't think she means celebrities per se, or at least not the kind you seem to be implying. For example, if I want views on a film I'd probably take Roger Ebert's word over that of some guy on the internet.

Gloomy Mushroom

Exactly. Same goes with political business. If I want views on a political debate concerning my country I listen to the top political commentators in the industry like Laurie Oakes (who is a veteran political commentator) not some random on youtube that dislikes Julia Gillard.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

What 30 day challenge? This intrigues me and I'd like to do it. Can you PM me that info?

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

Linkin Park made this album for ANYONE in the world to hear, therefore ANYONE should be allowed to post their opinion on it.
    Besides you can't compare politics with music, politics takes knowledge and experience to judge whereas music requires nothing, people get sucked into what they think music should sound like when actually it's just a bunch of noise that is pleasing to different peoples' ears, anybody is as qualified as a music critic to voice their opinion on an album, these so called "professional" reviewers should not be taken seriously AT ALL compared to anyone you could meet on the street.
    In the words of Elvis Presley "I don't know anything about music, in my line you don't have to."

The closest thing to a benchmark that there is for music, is the sales and amount of fans it gains, everything else is just an opinion.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
    Gloomy Mushroom

But music also takes knowledge and experience to judge, you think why a lot of fans didn't like ATS or Meteora etc to begin with? I can recall a number of posts and people whom I know have had lots of experience in music and what they deem as 'crap' or 'good'. Even though I either don't care/agree/disagree with them, in this case, ATS being shit (for the most part), I give them respect because they know what they are talking about and I have learnt to respect these bunch of people for not only their opinions relating to LP but on other things, throughout these years.

Trust me, I have come across people who think LP are techno... .... .....

And the political thing, it was an example not meant to be exaggerated upon :huh: (One of the most stupidest type of people got American presidency so I don't think He Who Will Not Be Named knew much about world affairs but merely gained the job as a hand-me down thing from his father and brother - anywho this is not serious talk).

Yes it was made for anyone to hear, and I don't doubt the First Amendment in any matter. It's the approach that I care about. In this stone age of technology everyone is seeking their five minutes of fame on youtube - one of the soul purposes of why it was built in the first place - but seriously, I wouldn't want the internet to know what I sound and look like, the only people that actually know what I sound and look like are trusted members of LPA and other friends of mine whom I have befriended over the years of being on LPA. It's one of the main privacy issues relating to youtube that's ever so clear. Yes I don't watch these videos for a reason - I see enough of people's opinions in the comments without having to waste my broadband speed hearing these people bitch on and on about how ATS sucks/rocks. There are other forms of doing it. And clearly I do think they have way too much time on their hands to clog up the internet with their videos that really serve no purpose, other than what's bluntly obvious that they are voicing their opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.