Why are the new music videos so boring now?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TimeSpree, Feb 18, 2011.

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

Just saying - I personally loved the In the End video. Dont get all the hating

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I love how people are saying videos are cliche and hating on them for being cliche and then not liking the abstract videos for being different and abstract. Seeing as the videos are supposed to be an extension of the song, with the exception of live videos which are designed to help sell concert tickets, I think the videos that they've done really help embody the song. Everybody interprets something differently and as subjective as music is, I think it's cool to see somebody elses interpretation on the song.

And I think Castiel made the comment about Fight Club... I thought Bleed It Out was pretty cool because you got to see the entire place come apart because something stupid started it all. Maybe that is supposed to be a metaphor for how close we are as a race to destroying ourselves?

By the way, if you want to see something that will make you say "What is this? Fight Club?" watch the end of Rise Against's "Re-education through labor" video. More awesomeness there.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Yeah, Me too. :lol:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Since everyone seems to be putting how they feel about the videos . . .

One Step Closer: Eh, it was pretty good, not really feeling it too much though
    Crawling: I liked the ice-like effects in the video.
    Papercut: This is my favorite out of the Hybrid Theory videos. Albeit, the video was a bit out of sync/
    In The End: A bit of a meh video for me. Nothing real special about it, but it's not terrible by any means.
    Pts.Of.Athrty: Love it. The CG animation was awesome.
    Somewhere I Belong: I don't care for this one very much at all. The special effects kinda sucked, and what the hell was the point in lighting the bed on fire?
    Faint: I love the energy this video brings with the song. Definitely my favorite from the Meteora videos.
    From The Inside: Another personal favorite. I love how they transformed Prague into a chaotic driven town.
    Numb: Eh, not really anything special.
    Breaking The Habit: Beautifully done. Fits the song almost perfectly, and I love the animation.
    What I've Done: Cliché themes of wanting forgiveness. Not a terrible video, but they could have done something else entirely to capture the song.
    Bleed It Out: I don't get the hate for this video. I personally think the backwards bar brawl is awesome.
    Shadow Of The Day: From The Inside Pt.2, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. I really like the contrast between the song itself, and the video.
    Given Up: I don't like this video at all. It gave me a big headache after watching it.
    Leave Out All The Rest: I really like the space theme they have going on here. Doesn't totally fit the song though.
    We Made It: I really enjoy the song, but the video could have been executed a little better. I would just like to know where the hell the rest of the band was when they shot the video, seeing as it is Busta Rhymes featuring LINKIN PARK and not just Mike and Chester.
    New Divide: Don't even get me started on this video. I can't stand the song, way too overplayed on the radio down here, which really got me hating it.
    The Catalyst: Different. Just like the song. Mike portrays a grim reaper like presence very well in the video.
    Waiting For The End: I love this one. I don't care if it is just eye candy, it is incredible, and I think that Ghost Town and Joe did an amazing job on it.
    Burning In The Skies: Kinda slow. It took a few watches to really get it, and I would have preferred it to have more shots of the band, instead of just at the end.

Hybrid

That's usually how collaboration videos end up. Just throwin that out there... :D

Super Sonic

Wasn't it meant to be out of sync?

Hybrid

I thought it was supposed to be because of the whole "am I going crazy?" take that the song was portrayed as. Alot of visuals in the video that make you rethink your rational thought.

nikolajlaulp

nikolajlaulp Well-Known Member

I Guess that because everyone thinks that the music video are boring, are because they dont see the meaning in the video,but just like.........stare

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Nope

Super Sonic

Yeah, thats what i thought because the songs about paranoia. :)

Hybrid

The way I interpreted the song was that it was about losing your mind and how your conscience is contantly battling your every move; making you second guess everything. The song then points out that everyone else has the same underlying side to them. I think paranoia is only part of it.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Papercut was their best video...before WFTE

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Still is for me :)

Super Sonic

Papercuts my second favourite behind In The End. Dont know why i like In The End so much. :)

Hybrid

From the Inside sticks out in my head as an amazing video, but I cant pick a favorite...

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Me neither.

nikolajlaulp

nikolajlaulp Well-Known Member

That my Opinion O.K

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I think it's ironic seeing who the OP is of this thread.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

That doesn't make it true. It's possible for people to understand the meaning of something and still not like it.

20. TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

Ironic how?