Marijuana

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by iNuBBiN, Mar 6, 2011.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Funnily enough, weed usually makes my anxiety problems an awful lot worse. But, I guess it effects people differently, etc. That said, when I'm up for it, I do enjoy getting stoned from time to time.

Should it be legalised? Yes. You could regulate who buys/sells it and crime rates would drop.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Alcohol is much more dangerous than weed. That's a fact. Having one legal and one illegal is ridiculous. If anything, it should be the other way around. (I don't do either of them)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Agreed.

I'm with you that it's bad and all, but what good, in your opinion, does it do to have it illegal? People use it whether it's illegal or not. I think latest statistics show that nearly 50% of High School students have used it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

It's illegal because it's always been illegal. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, the sky is blue, cats vs. dogs, no pot for you, asshole -- this is the way things are. Some people have the intellectual curiosity to ask "why?" But, for the most part, people just go with the flow. That's why this asinine "debate" still rages on.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

It's illegal for the reason that the government can't tax it other than that it's nothing but a piss weak drug that gets too much undeserved attention.

Benjamin

Can't the government just change the law an make it taxable? I don't understand.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Sarah, the government can tax anything. :lol:

Benjamin

Yeah :lol:.

To me, that's the whole point of legalizing it. Instead of pot dealers getting money, the government does which would be a big improvement.

Gloomy Mushroom

Not without suppport it can't.

i.e. the only reason why the governent hiked up cigarette prices here is because it got lower and upper support and 'encourages people to stop smoking'. That's bullshit, anyway. Like they are trying to tax petrol here and this carbon tax shit Gillard is talking to Obama about. The only party that supports marijuana use in parliament is the Greens, because of the medicinal uses. The family support party holds more seats and influence (and not to talk about independents like Nick Xenoph-what ever his last name is) in parliament than the Greens. And everyone else sees marijuana as a threat. If they were to legalise marijuana, the tax wouldn't go through because it'll be stopped by the Greens.

Benjamin

Who says it wouldn't get support?

Gloomy Mushroom

I don't know how the American mumbo jumbo parliament processes taxes but it definately would not get support here. The only reason why the ACT legalises it, because it's not covered by our medicare system and doctor's and the state government make it hard to obtain. If a petrol tax can't get support here or a carbon tax, what's the likely hood of a marijuana tax?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Honestly, let people do any kind of drugs they want. Make it legal, tax the hell out of them, and put that money to good use. Instead, with the way it is now, we don't get any tax money from them, they go to jail, and our tax money pays like $80,000 per person per year to "reform" them in prison. That's totally backwards of how it should be. They should stay out of jail and be paying a ton of money in taxes instead of going in jail and wasting our tax money.

We don't need these people in prison to begin with. The majority of them don't harm anyone else and will either kill themselves from drug use, go homeless, or actually get a job and keep doing drugs and paying taxes if we legalized drugs. But with how it is now, they just suck money out of the economy in so many ways without contributing anything.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

This is exactly the mindset that the government wants everyone to have when it comes to marijuana. But then you actually look into it, because you're around high people sometimes and you're not seeing rapes in the streets and lynchings and shit, and you realize maybe it goes deeper than that, man.

I'm fucking baked.

Nevermind taxing it, if you think they aren't already making more than enough money from the importation of marijuana and other drugs, you're out of your mind. The US government was directly responsible for bringing cocaine back to the United States in the 80s, and starting the crack epidemic. Sure, they could tax it and make more, I guess, but why go through the hassle? Liberal states like California don't even want it to be fully legalized, it's still a misdemeanor, you get a $100 fine. We'll never have an Amsterdam.

Like I said, I'm high. So I'm rambling. It was also originally banned because it was a huge rival to the paper industry, with hemp, and could have been what we use every day in basic chores. But a spear campaign, like always, took out the intended target. And all of us freethinkers get the shaft. Why can't I drop a tab and see the universe? Because people are trapped inside a box they build for you early on? No thanks, man. You guys can have your Zoloft and whatnot.

@Adam: I have intense paranoia as a result of prolonged use of marijuana :p obviously.

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

This is why everybody should get stoned.
    Same here, in the UK, a family member of mine gets prescribed one of the strongest breeds for pain in her back, the government already make money of it here, so I'll be damned if the U.S don't do it.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Probably. For me, if I start to feel anxious sometimes just smoking something is the easiest way to calm down again. Not a lot, just one cigarette or something like that.

jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Lol have I ever smoked weed? Nope.

Do a lot of my friends smoke weed? Yup.

Should it be legalized? Sure? I don't really care.

But to my observations, every single one of my friends that did start smoking weed started slacking in school, not caring much anymore, etc. To me, it's not so much that weed ITSELF is harmful, rather the 'lifestyle' and attitude that is attached to it.

Anyways, I've done a lot of research on weed. It IS actually more harmful than people think (especially since its illegal... all the additives are alarming) but no more dangerous than cigarettes and alcohol.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

In terms of what happens to people?

Well, long term use is correlated (I think its a moderate, high moderate) to loss of motivation, and partial memory loss/impairment.

Thats as far as my research goes. :lol:

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Your basic human ego will be taken away, and you will have millions of thoughts about what you want in your life and how you as a individual see's the world. Not thinking about what some 3rd party tells you what life is but what you believe it means.

75% of the time I smoke, I do it with like 5 people in a room and then we will all talk and ask questions about the world. Thats what I love about it. I dont really like being at parties and doing it. I like sitting there and discussing things and talk about something that actually means something

The reason its illegal is because it would cost the medical field billions of dollars because no one would keep buying perscreption pills and just smoke weed. Theres tons of things that weed helps. Instead of having all these pills to take for different things for pain and stuff, a simple plant that you can grow with dirt and water would do the same thing a expensive pill would. Everyone would grow it and not by it also

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011