The Warner Hate; What's Your Excuse?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blackee Dammet, Mar 5, 2011.

?

What's your problem?

1. WB keeps a lot of money from the band.

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. WB dumbs down Linkin park, who otherwise would be making Radiohead-esque audio brillance

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. I don't like how they operate in general with other bands

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. MEME MEME U MAD OVER 9000 SHANKY SHANKY DERP

18 vote(s)
    45.0%
    arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

With the exception of the conclusion that the band has any shortcomings(as that is very subjective person to person) your point is the most valid one in this whole thread. Everyone else is just throwing spaghetti at the wall to see which one sticks.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

How does the last option on this poll make any sense or relevance to the topic of the thread? Nonetheless, I still voted the last option for it's humour. :lol:

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

WB <3's Robot Boy

Robot Boy goes unchanged...

I dislike Robot Boy. Sounds like N'sync.

/end thread

--RS

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

TimeSpree hack your account?

Schen The Genius

No I'm serious, in the last 10 years of listening to LP, Robot Boy is the one song I dispise the most. I've listened to it at least twice since the album came out, the rest of the album I enjoy...just without Robot Boy.

--RS

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Had a strange feeling it'd be the most popular choice. And was right :B

Not sure if you're being serious, but your other post insinuates you are. So, uh, you got any reasoning behind this assumption?

Schen The Genius

What has been discussed doesn't need repeating however when Warner had their listening parties, they LOVED the snot out of Robot Boy. It went unchanged through out the whole writing process. Essentially it's been the only LP song ever to be a legit demo > album song. Breaking the Habit was close but that grew into what MTM became and because it was followed by From the Inside it sounds alot more edgier than it really does.

I like Mike's piano skills.

I like a new sound.

I DO NOT like Robot Boy.

Over the last 10 years, it's been said multiple times that Warner wanted the band to sound like 'this'. That the band should do 'this, this and this' and stick with it. I've always felt that Linkin Park has done songs that sounded like Linkin Park and while some songs like Shadow of the Day sound like blatant rips of others (U2), it still draws me in. Robot Boy sounds like the only song thats been put together in which Warner WANTS the band to really sound like. Like a 80's boy band, and while you'll probably reply with the use of 'gang vocals', it's not. Gang vocals is what's on Iridescent and while some praise about just how good Robot Boy is, it just doesn't belong on this album. If this is the one song that is an outlier to the rest of them, I really hope album #5 doesn't turn into Robot Boy sessions.

And lets face it. Warner didn't want Linkin Park, barely any label wanted them, but Jeff Blue wanted Linkin Park. When Jeff moved up the ladder, LP got a record deal.

--RS

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Well if that's the case, as much as I have no idea why they would want LP to sound like an '80s boyband, Warner have good taste and everyone should get off their backs. :) About the only way in which it sounds like one is the melody and the way it's sang. I've never heard a song by a boyband, certainly not an '80s one, that sounds sparse and atmospheric like that and has the same verse repeated over and over for four minutes.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

IMO, Robot Boy is better than every song they've released prior to A Thousand Suns. Yeah, I said it :awesome:. Though, there may be a few exceptions.

And please don't compare Robot Boy to N-Sync. Thanks.

The truth is, we cannot know what warner is doing to Linkin Park. End of.

arbiter

So much bullshit. You should write a book. You have a very over active imagination.

travz21

So gang vocals are less "boyband" than two people singing over atmospheric, synthy goodness?

Schen The Genius

I'm glad you feel that way. If we ever meet I'll be sure to give you a hug.

But in any case that's my two cents. If you don't like it, you didn't have to say anything.

--RS

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

It's bullshit that Schen doesn't like Robot Boy? It's bullshit that Schen likes a new sound? It's bullshit that Schen likes paino skills?

Wow. Invalid argument when you can't even bother to pinpoint what you have against Schen's post.

I want a hug. Can I have a hug?

I have to agree with Schen, I too dislike Robot Boy quite a lot in fact I do think it's one of their weaker songs on ATS. It's too...retro/popped up/oversynthesized for my liking. And that's just the music, not to talk about the crappy lyrics to it. It reminds me of something Backstreet Boys would do as a comeback tour song.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
    ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

How'd we get to Robot Boy? I've heard it two or three times, but I couldn't tell you one lyric from it honestly. I've listened to the crap out of Blackout, W&K and the rest of the album, but the song sticks like elevator music, couldn't tell you a thing about it if i tried, except it's slow.

/RobotBoy hate...

travz21

What is going on here

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

People are arguing over stupid stuff again...

arbiter

It's a public forum. You make posts with the advance knowledge that someone might reply back to your words. If you're going to get overly sensitive then take your own advice. If i don't like your "two cents" i am free to say so just like you're free to say whatever you want back. No harm, no foul. It's perfectly okay that you don't like Robot Boy for whatever reason. What's bullshit is the scenario you cooked up pertaining to what you think goes one behind the scenes. If you were not in the studio with the band, have a direct reliable source, you're basically spouting bullshit with absolutely no evidence. If you're going to say Warner tells LP what to write, have the facts to back that shit up.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Can I see a source for that Robot Boy boner WB had, by the by?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This needs to be quoted out of context some time. :)