A Thousand Suns-A Half Year Later

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Benjamin, Mar 14, 2011.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I actually like the studio version more.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Seems like a pathetic way to spend ones time. Surely there are more important things in life.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Why is it pathetic? Linkin Park Chat is only one of the forums. Some people grew out of the band long ago but stick around because they like the community.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

You posting here would be just as "pathetic" as any person, LP fan or not.

Being on the younger side on these boards, LP is still fresh for me. But what makes this place special is the number of people who post here just because they enjoy the community. It results in a lot of fun conversations other than "OMG I LOVE NUMB TOO!!! <3333."

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. There isn't anything more important in life than watching you get mad, trust me.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

The chorus of the studio version is completely different, just listen to the guitar on both. Also it might be because the live version was the first version we got to hear, so there might be that "newness" factor. To me the live version sounds better because it's just way more aggressive and has this level of energy that the studio version doesn't have. Plus the Japanese dude yelling "this is a new song" in Japanese is fucking awesome sounding, and Chester agrees lulz.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Are you saying you're pathetic to even respond to a thread regardless of your LP status, but more sure the fact that you even responded? Surely there are more important things in life.

Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider Who-ligan

I am still loving the album. I listen to it all the time. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first but the more I listened to it the more I liked it. I think it was a success for the band. I have never heard anything like it. I think it was original and I love the fact that the band did what they wanted to and not an other hybrid theory just because fans wanted that. I think it's good for band to experiment, change their sound and mature as musicians (and they have most definitely done that). Of course some musicians are successful when they did this but I Linkin Park was. I really thought that a lot of people would stop listening to them because many people didn't seem to like the new album. But they are still one of the biggest bands out there and they were able to do it without being predictable.

I'm not exactly sure how explain myself but I think it turned out to be amazing.

EDIT: LP used to be my favorite band then they were my second favorite band. I never thought they could make to first place again but they have...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
    arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Why would i get mad? Because you spend your time to come online to a fan site of a band to say how much you don't like the band? If silly stuff like that made me mad, i wouldn't go on the internet or click on youtube videos where every other comment is a bash. The only thing that it invokes in me is hilarity. There are many things in life i hate. There are many musicians i hate. And for those i hate, i don't think they deserve the energy it takes to go on their fan sites and spitting out snide comments or ranting against the artist or stirring pointless trouble. Plus, i actually rather spend my time on things i enjoy. I enjoy enough of Linkin Park's music to consider myself a fan. So i join a fan site. Simply because even though the internet is filled with lots of people i would never associate with, there are those rare gems like some people on here (i won't mention any names) that make it quiet fun to join a fan site.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

I didn't read your paragraph at all past the first sentence (busy doing very important thing in life called cubics), but I can tell that you're really mad and maybe you should go cool down somewhere else.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

It's their best album besides MTM. The Catalyst, Robot Boy and When They Come For Me are incredibly skillful songs, they also took risks and did stuff they hardly (if ever) did on previous albums. I mean take away MTM and ATS, leaving only HT and M. I couldn't put LP over Limp Bizkit, because LB actually took risks and changed sound and drew wider influences, LP never even did an acoustic song. But with the last two releases LP is in the class of Muse, U2 etc.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
    TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I heard somewhere that HT wasn't completely written by them. Could be true if you think about it.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

Prolly. Some HT songs were written before Chester even joined the band and were just restructured before HT's release.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Well former band members have writing credits of course.

But, If you are referring to ghostwriting, LOL no that's not the case. Night of the living ancient rumors.....

Gloomy Mushroom

You forgot this:

[​IMG]

God bless Mr Carlson's signature.

I remember how I used to try and beat up my brother because he would insult Linkin Park and their lyrics because he labelled them as shit ass. Oh how young and naive I was back in my teenage years. I still listen to them but I don't go beating people up over them. They are more my housework music now.

*Crawling in my skin....
    OH SHIT! COCKROACH! RUN!*

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Yes, I'm talking about ghostwriting. HT is totally different from everything they've done in sense of writing (the lyrics, the beats, the rhymes)...

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's more or less the same as the stuff they were doing immediately before and after. At the very least, it's not different enough to automatically assume someone else wrote it for them.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Huh? :lol:

Linkin Park writes all of their lyrics. They always have.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Wasnt a couple on the xero tape written with mark. Like the demo to forgotten and one other. Then once he left Brad and Mike wrote all the songs besides like Crawling and maybe a couple others. I remember mike once saying that Brad and him wrote a huge majority of HT

20. Gloomy Mushroom

That sounds like a nasty rumour only a hater would make up.