AUDIO: "Issho Ni" - Listen to the New Linkin Park Instrumental

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I do agree it's easy to "memorize" this track though cause it's awesome :awesome:.

2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I've only listened to this track 2 times I think... :lol:

3. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The only thing I remember is that the beginning sounds kind of like Kid A (the song) by Radiohead.

4. Jesse

I think the song, as far as sounding similar to other band sounds like Radiohead's "Kid A" in the beginning, Hotchip's "Hot Chip" near the middle and generic Nine Inch Nails towards the end.

5. erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

We are all fans here ...but some of you guys are nearly fanatic ... I honestly don't believe that you find this track "great" or "epic" ... there is no genius in its simplicity ...its just a boring track and thats it. Nothing more than ... lets say 2 hours on Pro tools or Ableton live ... its just some filler and thats that. Now ..start the hate ...
    Don't get me wrong i believe in LP no matter what but this ... this is just weak.

6. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I agree that this track kicks ass! Me gusto mucho!

7. Derek

People are allowed to like or even ADORE the track even if you don't like it. It's called an opinion. I suggest you research into what the word opinion means, and respect the fact that just because YOU hate it, doesn't mean that someone else won't find it genius.

8. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

[/thread]

Derek wins. :awesome:

9. Derek

As I just said on FB:

I find it funny that I have a habit of liking instrumentals by LP that others hate. Issho Ni isn't popular with a lot of people in this thread it seems, and I happen to love it. I also am a huge fan of "Unfortunate" and people thought that was lazy by LP standards too.

10. Jeff

I feel as a fanbase, a lot of us tend to be spoiled with complex music, having multiple layers, with multiple things going at once, so when they come out with a simplistic track such as In Between or Issho Ni, they refer to it as "lazy". I personally tend to find LP's simpler tracks to be rather soothing after listening to their not-so-simplistic tracks to be quite honest.

11. Derek

Another thing from FB (albeit SLIGHTLY reworded), since I happen to be having this very discussion over there:

I don't put impossible expectations on LP like some people do. I just think of them as a group of 6 regular guys, trying to make music while having fun doing it. At no time do I ever expect them to deliberately attempt to be the next "Radiohead" or "Led Zeppelin" or "The Beatles" and I'm fine with that. Instead I just expect them to make catchy and creative music. By living by that expectation, I find I enjoy their music a lot more if I just listen to it as music and nothing more. If the band one day makes a total indisputable masterpiece that forever changes the music industry as we know it then that's fantastic. I'll stand here proudly as a fan that never gave up on them after over 10 years of being a fan. However; I won't expect them to create a masterpiece with every song. That's unfair.

12. Jeff

I remember seeing that. And also liking that post on FB :lol:

13. Jesse

In Between isn't a simple track, lots of things are going on in it. At least to me. It's one of my favorite LP songs ever.

14. Derek

I remember seeing you like that post on FB.

15. Jeff

[​IMG]

16. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I find In Between simplistic. I love the song and haven't really caught much going on.....Issho Ni on the other hand isn't even simplistic. I think people just want some big beats or some shit

17. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Its not bad. Thats my opinion of it the first listen. I'm sure I'll grow to like it more especially when i listen to it with headphones.

Derek is right though, even though I don't like it nearly as much as he does, I still appreciate it for what it is, and appreciate the thought of them creating something fresh in this short space of time since Japan's crisis.

Though i have to say, it really does remind me of Radiohead in the begining. -which is always a good thing :cool:

18. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

No.

19. erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

Derek , is there a track by LP that you DON'T like ? :)

20. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

This track grew a lot on me in 24 hours :)
    Even gives me kind of chills, but only with headphones.

Am i the only one thinking the vocals could be Chester's Iridiscent? More precisely when he says louder than the band "Let it go" in the bridge, that "Go" was picked in my opinion and twisted in great effects to let it sound like that in Issho Ni.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.