AUDIO: "Issho Ni" - Listen to the New Linkin Park Instrumental

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

There is so much wrong with this thread

1) If you don't like it, move on. Don't bash people for liking it and accusing them of being fanboys. That's just childish.
    2) If you do like it, consider the fact that people may have fair reasons for not liking it.

As for my final thoughts, it's alright. I dig a good simple/calm track, but if there's no vocals in a track like this, it's hard for me to find replay value. I'm not the biggest instrumental fan overall, which doesn't help :lol:.

2. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

This. All of this. :awesome:

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes as a matter of fact. Thanks for asking!

Songs by Linkin Park I dislike: 70% of Meteora, H!Vltg3, the studio version of Qwerty.

Now why don't you try accepting that people don't always share your opinion, try treating those who don't with respect, and accept that just because you think something sucks doesn't always make it truth. After all, you know what they say:

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. :awesome:

4. After listening to it several times, this is my full opinion:

It's one of their best instrumentals. It's really calm, and the buildup is great. It's unique, simplistic, and you can picture Japan's aftermath of the Tsunami while listening to it. The whole song's basically an atmosphere. There's no real melody or structure. LP has taken a whole new level up musically. (although i think this is just mike shinoda, not sure though.)

Problem is, this is not my style, and I don't think i'll be listening to it a lot. In fact, I don't really like it. Thinking about it musically though, it's amazing.

5. lakoniasm

lakoniasm What do I type here?

Its my style i like it alot :)

6. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Ben is right. And I know that because I make the same mistakes at times too.
    Anyhow....unlike ben, I'm a huge instrumental fan :lol:

EDIT: Directly from Mike's blog post.
    guess this was an entirely new song made in 1 week. Our guesses were pretty right on haha.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  7. 4_my_head

4_my_head I'm losing what I don't deserve

Song is fine... but nothing more. Until around 2 min it's kind a boring, or should I better say, too simple and monotone.
    ;) LP RULZ!

8. Benjamin

I was actually really hopeful (in terms of personally loving it) for the first couple minutes when I first played it. I just wanted the ending to sound different.

9. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Yep.

It's better than "Not Alone," though.

10. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Since this is to benefit Japan I won't hate on it in that respect. If this instrumental was on an LP album I probably would.

11. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The only problem with using music as a way to benefit a charity, is that people will treat it like a regular music release and complain about it if they don't like it, without keeping in mind the bigger picture (as in the thousands of people who have died or are suffering from the effects of an earthquake/tsunami/nuclear meltdown/all hell breaking loose scenario).

It's a kind gesture to the people in Japan, and an attempt at raising money to help them. A better song with vocals would not lessen the severity of what happened, and it wouldn't magically make everything better either.

/rant.

12. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

I think the fact that keeping somebodies attention for 4 min with no vocals is pretty amazing. Some instrumentals or interludes make me want to /wrist after 45 seconds, but this flows and peaks in all the right places and doesn't feel like 4 minutes at all.

13. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

As someone who listens to more wordless music than songs with words in them, I find your post totally alien to me.

I think time is key. With this song and Not Alone clocking in at about a week after their diasters' happening, I think more help will come from this overall than if LP took the time to make the songs into masterpieces. Their crudeness and hurriedness in themselves speak about the tragedies.

14. Benjamin

Another option the band could have explored is releasing something that they've already made (I find it hard to believe they don't have at least one bside from the ATS era). Sure, the song itself probably wouldn't go with Japan, but it would definitely get a lot more attention from the masses which in turn could lead to more donations.

But whatever. People would have to be selfish to not donate only because they don't like instrumentals. Unfortunately, there are plenty of those people.

15. Vriska

I believe Not Alone was a MTM song that was dusted off and finished for MFR. I was expecting them to do the same for this song, but for some reason I guess not. Who knows why they didn't do that. imo, it would have been easier on them to do that, which leads me to think there was something preventing them from reusing something from earlier..

16. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Why would somebody with a somewhat direct connection to a tragedy take a song that was not written with any link at all to this, be a better choice? Reusing something from earlier would be the lazy, pointless choice IMHO. Example, A family member dies, does it make sense to use a song that you originally intended to be for your ex-girlfriend? = Lazy and not the point at all.

17. Vriska

Goodness gracious, you can change the lyrics. A lot of the times songs aren't written with lyrics in mind, and I think this is particularly true of Linkin Park. The nature of art like this is fluid and dynamic, and Linkin Park in particular tends to write to everyone in a broad inclusive sense. Most Linkin Park songs, to the band members, aren't about what most people think they are. And in cases like What I've Done and Breaking the Habit, different band members attach different meanings to them.

Besides, that's the least important part of this last part of this discussion. My entire point of my last couple posts is that the suffering of people in Japan is a much much more important issue than making the best music, and if taking a shortcut makes more sales more earlier, and that decision helps save even a single life, then taking that shortcut would have been worth it. Getting donations > quality of the art.

18. Benjamin

I was trying to make a point that the number one thing in this situation is getting the most money to Japan. I truly believe that a previously made, completed song, would make a gob more money than an instrumental made by Mike that was cranked out in a week.

I don't get why there's some rule that these songs have to be related to Japan at all.

19. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

They don't. I'm pretty sure a dubstep remix of an American Rejects song has nothing to do with Haiti. The music is just a bonus you get for donating (that's the idea anyway).

20. Mitch

Mitch YTB

Reminds me a lot of 65dos, which is a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.