Linkin Park Back In The Studio

Discussion in 'News' started by Jeff, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

3. thor

thor Well-Known Member

For me Its great to hear that their already back in the studio. New music from linkin Park are always awesome. I'm not like some people who only want old Shit from LP and don't care about what their doing. As long as LP is still making music, don't matter if it's old or new sound, I would always support them until there is no more Linkin Park.

4. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I just assumed you could pick up any random tree branch and just make a song...but now you've alerted me to the difficulties, well there goes my plans of stardom.

5. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Rob to make singing debut on next album plz? :awesome: LP has to break more boundaries for themselves somehow. :lol:

6. Hybrid_Solidier2010

Hybrid_Solidier2010 Member

CB: We’re working on a new album. Even though we’re touring now, we’ve started working on the next record already. We’ve found that music kind of takes on its own thing and it’s not done until it’s done. The sooner, the better is what I say. We want to make sure our work is quality work and that we’re all happy with it.

RY: Are you working on the soundtrack for Transformers: Dark of the Moon?

CB: I don’t know if I’m at liberty to tell you yet [winks]. But it looks promising. I think we go hand in hand with those films. A lot of our younger fans call us the Transformers band.

7. jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

I dunno, maybe I'm alone here, but I would be annoyed if Mike took over any more of Linkin Park than he has. If he sings more lead in the next album, he'll be doing guitar/lead/piano/producing meh... it might as well just be Mike ft. 5 guys doing what he says :p

I like the balance of ATS, Mike's singing is pleasant in small doses but his vocals are more of a "ohh nice, you can sing" range not a "holy crap, your voice is epic" range like Chester's.

As for the new album (I know this will never happen) but...

I want more complexity in the drumming/guitar/bass... I want to see the true skills of the members and so far, Brad hasn't really showed any WOW skills and it'd be cool to see what he has in store (or what he is capable of). Maybe a BFMV type background intensity with some melodic singing and rapping (H) yehhhh

Edit: Yeah I agree with the person who said that they shouldn't forget their strengths. Mike's strength is in rapping... And anyways they mentioned that they 'exhausted' the old sound but they really haven't. Maybe they don't want power chords in the back all the time - that's fine - but that does not mean that the distorted guitar is done with. They just haven't looked beyond power chords >.>

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  8. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

You are absolutely correct.

9. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Yeah, it'd be cool to see them use the rap/rock sound with actual skilled instrumentation. Couple that with more unique song structure and build upon the ATS sound and I think it'd be really good. Maybe something in like the rap/rock/ambient/industrial/electronica genre.

They might need different band members to actually pull that off, though. Lol. I'm guessing Brad and Phoenix are at their limits if we haven't heard anything great from them after 10 years.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  10. jessiexo

Really? I think they could at least improve slightly :p most of their instrumentation (while catchy and beautiful in their simple are at a pretty novice level). Pretty much any of my friends who could play guitar can play it. I'm not expecting brad to be the next J Hendrix but if he wanted to improve he certainly could improve given all the resources that are available to him :p It'd be cool to if they elevated the piano too haha muse style (don't even like them but I like the creativity). As a pianist, I'd love to learn one of their songs and nit have it just be chords... Not sure how Mike's piano skills are though.

11. jessiexo

^ Ughhh smart phone typos

12. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Actually if you listen to The Snax, Phoenix was really good at slapping the bass back then.

I'm still waiting for an LP song with Mike rapping over a slap bass line. It would be awesome.

13. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I would respectfully disagree here and argue the point that Mike is a man of many strengths.

14. jessiexo

He does have many strengths but there's only one thing that he does better than everyone (imo).

1) He plays piano, but I can tell you as a pianist that it's nothing incredible.
    2) Guitar... Good but not notable.
    3) Singing? Yeah but Chester's better.
    4) Rapping? YES! That's part of LP's identity and his rapping is very distinct and special.

15. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They've been in this band for the best part of two decades now, and I'm guessing they played their instruments for at least a few years before that, so I would honestly be surprised if they don't have more technical skill still. I think it probably is about how they write songs and self-consciousness and stuff like that as much as anything.

In fairness they have shown a bit more skill with each album pretty much, so who knows.

16. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I would say Mike's producing is just as good as his rapping, if not better. Pretty much all of ATS was put together by him.

17. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Also, I would like more Seanoda Paul

18. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

More conformation that the band is working on the new album.

[video=youtube;TEOhMvYSfPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEOhMvYSfPM&feature=feedu[/video]

19. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Can Artisan News get their shit together and stop using that weird fan-made picture as the ATS cover? seriously.

20. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

No kidding :lol: How fucking hard can it be to get the correct album cover? haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.