Iridescent Splash Page at Linkin Park Website Teases Transformers Partnership

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

:lol:

Sorry, I find the irony of the words 'script' and 'story' in a discussion about a Michael Bay film to be laughable.

Okay, I'll be serious now.

2. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I get it because of the action sequences, but, I think Bay has done a good job with the Transformers films.

3. Minus

And all the issues brought out by my TF2: How It Should Have Ended video?

4. Hybrid

Haha... Perhaps the answer is suspense?

5. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, I probably agree with you on this. I'm sure it's not just a case of using songs for the sake of it. The Transformers team probably approached Linkin Park first out of respect of them working on the other movies to discuss the possibility of another collaboration. Linkin Park probably liked what they heard and felt that Iridescent would work well with the movie and the context it will be used in, so went ahead with it. I'm sure both sides had a specific vision for how the song will be used and agreed to work together again. It's a way to expose their music to a wider audience in a way they agree with, and if they're fine with it, then I don't really see a problem. Of course, this is all assuming it will be used in the movie and not just featured on the soundtrack.

It almost reminds me of how they used The Catalyst for the Medal of Honor trailer. Just another medium to showcase their music and get joint exposure. I'm sure WBR aren't exactly turning their noses up at the money either. Everybody wins.

6. Hybrid

I guess us Joes think alike. Thank you for sharing your agreement with me.

7. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Almost anything would be a positive contribution to the movie. That doesn't mean that people should want to be associated with mediocrity just for the sake of trying to make it better.

8. arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Why do people bash Michael Bay alone for the disaster that is Transformers? I'm very certain it takes a lot more than one man to make a movie. Like say, the people at the top of my hate list: the writers. Someone should take away their computers.

9. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Because almost every movie he's producing ends up being laughable.

Edit: He has a 39 average rating on Metacritic. Chris Nolan is 75, Martin Scorcese is 73, James Cameron is 69. Even Tarantino, which it seems half the world hates for some reason, is at 63. Bay is just a hack that way too many people enjoy.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  10. Minus

Let's take a look at Michael Bay's directing track history:

Playboy Video Centerfold: Kerri Kendall
    Bad Boys
    The Rock
    Armageddon
    Pearl Harbor
    Bad Boys II
    The Island
    Transformers
    Transformers II
    Transformers III

Only one of these does not have an overabundance of explosions, and that one is a video that's main selling point is a woman that causes men to produce their own explosions.

Although that main selling point is also valid for the first two Transformers movies as well.

11. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I couldn't care less if people don't like it. I just don't get why you guys are all :FUUUUUU: about the inclusion of Iridescent in the movie. The band is sure to make some good money off of it, so why not?

Linkin Park didn't direct Transformers. Don't get mad at them.

12. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

But would you being saying that if it was a Twilight movie?

13. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Well, yeah. I would actually. I didn't see Twilight, but It was a good thing that LOATR was in the soundtrack. It helped boost the single sales.

I'm just one of those guys that cares about the band being successful.

14. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

There's not much difference really, as both are series that get a lot of hate and if it's cooler to hate one there's probably not much in it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  15. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I blame Ehren Kruger. Bay with just Orci and Kurtzman was fine IMO, but Kruger dumbed it down to me. I just hope he redeems himself, seeing as how he's solo this time, and in the past he wrote "Scream 3" and "The Ring".

And as for LP being in Transformers...what's wrong with that? I actually grew to become a Transformers fan thanks to LP since I had some exposure before, but never fully developed a huge interest in them until I heard: "'What I've Done''s perfect for Transformers!" (Sorta typical LP/TF YouTube comment I found back in '07). I thought Bay did a great job with the first, and he DID apologize for the second one, so I heavily anticipate the third one.

16. Minus

He didn't write The Ring. He just took Ringu from Japan and said, "Hey I can do that."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.