Reliving Hybrid Theory Era

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by cstebila, Apr 26, 2011.

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

As of last night / today I've begun playing Hybrid Theory a lot, and to be honest, it kinda brings me back to LP's "golden days." If you haven't played Hybrid Theory in a while, you should, in addition, meditate on the songs, really listen to them, and remember.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I played a lot recently when the unmastered version got released on lplive.net made me feel nostalgic and wished they kept the scratching intro on "By Myself" HT is the reason I got into music. It's still my favorite LP album.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I've thought about listening to it recently, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't hold up for me.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

One thing that makes the band changing their sound so great is that they made Hybrid Theory have a lot more replay value. If I'm feeling angsty, I'll pop in HT. If I'm feeling like listening to soft/more meaningful/plain better music, I'll play M2M/ATS. But of course, M2M and ATS get played a lot more by me at the moment.

Hybrid Theory will always be one of my top albums of all time. I won't argue that it's one of the best (or ATS for that matter), but I would say it's up there in terms of the most "fun" albums.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I did on the way to class this morning. Surprise surprise, shit sounded awfully dated. Not bad, not that I didn't enjoy it, but I couldn't shake the notion.

GekiLPL

GekiLPL Guest

I love HT...it'll always have a special place in my heart. I have the hybrid soldier tattooed on me because the album means/meant so much to me. I don't listen to it much anymore, I bought the album in 2001 and have listened to wayyyyy too many times that I can count. I wouldn't say it's LP's best album, but it is special to me. It sounds so old now, not in a bad way, it's just all current music sounds so much different, I can't believe it's been 10 years..the kind of music you hear on HT is the kind of music that nobody makes anymore at all and it's most likely forever going to be a thing of the past.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I listen to it once a month. THE best LP album

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I listened through "Hybrid Theory" and "A Thousand Suns" today. Both are definitely favourites of mine from the LP catalog. :)

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Anytime I try to listen to it all the way through, I end up shutting it off when I get to One Step Closer. The only album I can still listen to as a whole is ATS. Hybrid Theory is just so boringly simplistic.

With You is probably my favorite song from it now. Papercut is close.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I tried listening to HT a few weeks back but sadly it sounds too... immature and like travz21 said, simplistic.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

I appreciate HT because it was the first LP album I listened to, but apart from 'In the End', 'Pushing Me Away' and 'Forgotten' I don't find it enjoyable to listen to anymore.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I listened to Points Of Authority yesterday after about a year, lol. HT is a great album but I find myself yawning when I hear certain songs as I've overplayed the shit out of them over the years. I just don't enjoy listening to it anymore and I only really listen to Pushing Me Away and APFMH now and again.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

I Only listen to In The End now.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Definitely their best and most remembered album. Personally, I don't find it 'old sounding', though I have played it a lot. It seems to me like a lot of bands are actually moving towards a Linkin Park sound, and have been for years as we shift into the digital age. Hybrid Theory will forever be the most inspirational album I've ever heard, I'm not sure it can be topped in the way they did it.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Am I really this misinformed about the music industry or is this statement completely untrue :lol:. I mean, maybe some no name band or two, but I highly doubt that "a lot" of bands are trying to sound like Hybrid Theory in 2011. I can't even think of bands other than Rage Against the Machine and the Beastie Boy's who even have rappers that are still around.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

It'a not really an album I'd 'meditate' to... :lol:

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Indeed sir let me rephrase, I feel like many bands have since incorporated Linkin Park traits. Hybrid Theory was such a 'clean' sound compared to earlier 'nu metal'. From the obvious like Hollywood Undead to bands more frequently using drum machines or 'hip hop' bass.

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

:puke:

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Yeah listened to it once when ATS came out, got half way through it before turning it off - doubt I'd make it past Foreward on Meteora.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:lol: