last.fm anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by iamsatan, Apr 28, 2011.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Wait....... YOU'RE JAY SENSEI????????? WAT????

anyway, I havent added any friends in years.
    http://www.last.fm/user/KATHYxx

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

That?

Imagine my surprise when apparently I have a high compatibility score with Kathy. What the fuck.

Vriska

I weigh in at almost 1,200 artists in my library. I'm not surprised that I'm super with almost everyone else in this thread.

EDIT: ONly Jordan so far is low with me. I may have to check out those artists.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

It's always the people I disagree with the most that I have the most in common with when it comes to music (except Minus). Weird.

and Jordan is indie as fuck.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Very high with Mitch (Glassjaw/Thrice) and thaNinjah (Thrice/Blue Sky Black Death/Lupe), super with Casey (OF/Kanye/Salem), low/very low with everyone else.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I wonder how everyone would match up with you if you kept your old last.fm account rather than make a new one. Oh wait, let me check. Yeah, Very High.

EDIT: I'm not meaning to MALICIOUSLY call you out (but make no mistake, I am indeed calling you out. Just not with evil intent.) but here's how I saw it:

Oh, let's see what Casey's up to in the last.fm thread.

Ah, he's being elitist as usual.

Oh look, low compatibility.

Hmm, last.fm user since 2011? I call bullshit. I distinctly remember Casey having trouble with scrobbling in the early days of last.fm which was in like, what, 2005?

Google Search: site:lpassociation.com/forums "last.fm thread"

Last.FM thread from 2009? Not 2005, but who knows, maybe we'll get lucky.

Whoa there!

*click* 18 thousand plays, Very High compatibility? Iiiiinteresting.

And I'd dig deeper for reasons of getting you off your completely unnecessary high horse and bringing the elitism down a peg or two, but this last.fm account (which, by the way, also isn't your original account, considering it was only active for a year) is more than enough to make my point.

So anyone wanting to see how your musical tastes match with 2011 Casey with 700-something tracks or 2009 Casey with 18k, there you go.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

aha, i'm more compatible with his new one. what can i say.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

I'm not your biggest fan, minus, but this was one hell of an ownage! congratulations and thank you, it was necessary :).

www.last.fm/user/trumtram

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

type in this html and swap my user name with yours and you should get your 10 recently played tracks. Paste it in your signature and don't forget to wrap the image tags around the link. :)
    http://imagegen.last.fm/basicrt10/recenttracks/Bennington_hahn.gif

haha nice! Joined!

Wow, I really don't get how people can have that many artists in their library! hell, I love music ALOT but i barely make it to 200 max. How do you absorb that much stuff!? is it soundtrack albums or what? haha

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Minus, that may just have been the wankiest thing I've ever seen. People music tastes, you know, change sometimes bro - why would anyone link a profile they haven't scrobbled to in two years?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The idea of last.fm is to be a comprehensive look at what you listen to. Not what you are listening to AT THAT MOMENT. Although if you're really anal about emphasizing that what you listen to now isn't what you listened to 2 years ago, here's a breakthrough in scrobbling technology:

1. Go to profile.
    2. Scroll down to Top Artists graph.
    3. Switch to 'Last 3 Months.'

OR:

Delete artists you don't listen to anymore. Yeah. You can do that.

OR:

Oh, you can just hook up your 2 year old last.fm account to your new computer. I've gone through at least 4 computers since I started mine, it's not that hard. There's really no reason to start a new last.fm account once you have one.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Okay, I didn't really want to go into too much depth because Casey wasn't even being that elitist in the first place. But, from looking at Casey's (new account) join date, it looks as though he made the account for this thread. He also imported his plays from itunes or whatever media player he uses, so the plays aren't exactly from AT THAT MOMENT, but rather the last few months since he's reset his play counts on itunes or whatevs. So you're telling him he should have linked his old account, with plays from 2009 of shit he probably doesn't listen to anymore + plays from the ten minutes (even less I imagine) between when he made the account and when he posted it in the thread. OH MAN THAT SOUNDS LOGICAL. Sure he could have reset his plays entirely and imported his itunes plays, but you'd probably still be angry at him for not having his old plays.

Or maybe he even forgot his old account's password, or didn't like its username anymore. But that can't be it, OBVIOUSLY he made a new account with new plays because he didn't want to have the same music taste as you, is that your point? I don't know why you bother.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Chill out, guys.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yes that be me :p

:lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

wtf is going on in here. i made a new account because i didn't even know i had a last.fm account. that's about the pettiest thing i've ever seen. yeah, in 2005, i was totally all about some hoobastank or something. tastes change, harddrives die.

Vriska

A lot of experimenting. I don't listen to mainstream radio, so basically I go to the last.fm radio and plonk in a muciscal genre I've heard of but don't know too much about. Last time I think was trying out some gabber... and I was checking out some 80's goth music before that. Also, as a totally broke college student I've been picking up free music from people nobody knows at all.

though I with the last.fm radio was consistent with the tags I picked, instead of seemingly picking out artists similar to the ones I was listening to already. When I type in gabber I shouldn't be getting my easy listening collection back. :/

.... HAI!

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Listen to Salem, Kathy. You just might like them if you were listening to 80s goth. Witch house is like a better version of goth.

Vriska

that sounds awesome. will do.