OFWGKTA/Swag Music Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Jordan, Feb 19, 2011.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Really not diggin the lame satanic stuff Tyler's putting out "rape a pregnant b*tch and say i had a 3some"? It's like 80's death metal, happening to hip-hop, its just gimmicky.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, because the one genre in the 80s that was most definitely gimmicky was... death metal. I don't see how that's Satanic, but I know what lines you're talking about. I don't see how it's lame, though. No more lame than Chester Bennington screaming about wanting to be somewhere he belongs (like the Playboy Mansion).

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Well, certainly different types of lame. This seems like going out of your way to say shocking things. Opposed to just generic angst. I guess it depends what kind of lame you like more haha.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

So what is swag music? Comedy hip hop with content that involves violence and sexual abuse, or just pure nonsense?

This is an honest question.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Burglar music

Last edited: May 4, 2011
    Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Music that is SWAAGG. Obviously...

I WANNA BE THE REASON WHY ALL LESBIANS HATE DICK.

So I'm pretty fucking excited for Goblin at the moment, I kind of don't want to sleep in case it leaks. Haven't felt like this in a while - it's good.

For the point that they're gimmicky - I think some of their promotion/art kind of stuff is gimmicky, but the music is something else. OF are all about saying whatever you want, doing whatever you want, and rapping about rape, killing cops, whatever is just apart of what they believe. A lot of Goblin was written a year ago so it's baseless to say that they're abusing a successful formula or gimmick, when a year ago OF wasn't shit.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Hm? They could have decided on their gimmick before it picked up and got popular, and when it did just stuck with it.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Pure nonsense. These dudes are straight up garbage and try way too hard, and that's coming from a hardcore rap fan.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

no different from lil wayne, to me. just crazy off the wall type shit that's really fun. people take lyrical content way too seriously.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I do like "Yonkers" quite a bit, pretty clever shit.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

i like the part where reps the cartoon Adventure Time. and kills Bruno Mars. and beats Brandun DeShay up with a stack of magazines he's in. :p

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Wow, thanks for the enlightenment, my opinion has completely changed now that I've heard the concrete factual information from a "hardcore rap fan". Thank you, I'm very grateful. I want to thank you further in fact, but I'm really lost for words right now. Wow. Thank YOU mr. hardcore rap fan. *homophobic slur*

Agent

Wow, "*homophobic slur*"? Really? Haha damn. Dude I have NO intention of changing your opinion.. I don't go around the net forcing people to stop listening to shit they like.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Don't act like your opinion means anymore shit than anyone's just cos you're a "hardcore rap fan".

Agent

I never said my opinion means more.. what I meant was that I have a much broader scope of comparing them with other similar artists than a casual rap listener. Stop putting words in my mouth and stop being so butthurt because one person said something negative about your favorite group.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Yes because "straight up garbage" and "try too hard" are obviously what you'd say if you were comparing them to other "similar artists" (note: OF are hardly similar to pretty much any rapper I've seen you talk about on here). If I was butthurt over one person saying something negative about OF then I'd be angry at a lot of people, protip: I'm not. You're just a hater of the group, don't care to know anything about them, and are shitting all over my thread.

Anyway aside from you, enjoying Goblin quite a bit. The title track of Bastard is still a lot better than the title track of Goblin, but I think Golden really kills Bastard - love the cliffhanger ending. Other than that, favourite tracks: She, Her, Analog, Bitch Suck Dick (Taco's voice broke :c). Album is fucking dark - also loving all the jazz chords up in here. Only complaint is that it feel a bit long, doesn't really feel like something I can just throw on whenever like Bastard is.

Agent

I listened to Bastard top to bottom and didn't feel it one bit, so don't go throwing around the term "hater".

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Tyler isn't even the best rapper or technically skilled producer in Odd Future. You listened to Bastard once and then came into this thread to tell everyone how much OF suck? Man I hate Omar Rodriquez-Lopez's Old Money, Stones Throw Records sucks, nobody listen to anything on there!

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

He made about two posts here and only made more when other people started arguing. You're probably doing more to shit on your own thread to be honest.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Guys, cut the crap and get back on topic or we'll be forced to hand out infractions.