Iridescent Video Now Online - Watch The New Linkin Park Video Here!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

i like it. it looks like a technological post apocalyptic world. rather than losing most of the technology as a result of the transformers it seems a lot of the technology was left behind and is being salvaged.

also, mr. hahn with a bunch of little people around him is creepy as fuck.

2. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Not in love with it but it is cool. I would never be petting a snake in a music video though shits kinda creepy lol.

3. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

From the visuals and the seriousness of the video I'd say is one of the best to date. I think the edited version of the song... sucks a bit tho. Am I wrong or a video of Gaga is almost 6 minutes long? Why to cut Iridescent like that? It feels so incomplete and almost like it was badly written... maybe because the original evolves extraordinarily in a marvellous progression and this really leaves an empty emotion -Empty Spaces- by throwing the parts all together like that without fading in or introductions.

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I could understand the video and I liked that there was actually more to it than Transformers running around -- I like that it contrasts a bit with the vibe of the song and stuff. :) I understand that there should be Transformers appearing in the video, but, if humans are meant to have been banished to some distant planet when the Decepticons attack Earth, it makes little sense to have them appear if there's meant to be an actual plot in the video's concept and not just abstract visuals. ;P

Anyway, overall, I like this video more than I liked the videos for "The Catalyst" and "Burning In The Skies". :)

5. Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider Who-ligan

:lol: I noticed that too and I think I agree.

6. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Quoting from someone on the internet:
    Iridescent means rainbows and colors, but the song and film itself are in a sad atmosphere, so the black and white imaginary is to contrast that.
    You see the band members are blind (except Mike who is half-blind...), that they can''t see any colors anymore.

7. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

but but but
    blindness != color blindness.
    color blindness != monochrome.

8. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Yes but I don't think the band wants the video to be all black lol

9. Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

I think i'ts AWESOME!! ^^ Even though all of you are right; out of the box, concept similar to the other video's concepts. But still. I think it's kind of something they are now known for; making very, different (as in odd) videos from what others do. Not just the band playing, but also cool special effects and so on. So I don't care if the video's concepts are similar, they're all still awesome!

10. Bennoda Girl

Bennoda Girl A past to overwrite.

This. I agree.

11. gaganLP

gaganLP Where the Sun Sets Twice

its amazing :) LP4ever

12. angelwings

angelwings New Member

My interpretation of the video is that only Joe knows what's going on and "the end" and stuff, while Mike can only partly see it. That is the "oblivious" part of the video, where no one knows what's going on or don't act on it.

Once the "Last Supper" part comes on, it's "the End". Chester "embraces" the End and finally sees the light or truth or whatever Mike and Joe see.

Actually, my main thought was that Mike looks sooooo awesome in the throne around 3:40.

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm gonna guess that this video is probably better than the film it was made to promote. :"

14. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I can take or leave the films, but to be honest I feel pretty sure that when/if I see the new one I probably will enjoy it more, on some level at least. I thought they were doing a decent job of making simple but effective videos for this album up til this one, it's just a mess imo.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  15. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone has addressed the changes from the original upload to the new one but here goes:

- Addition of colour in several scenes; ie, Shockwave's single eye as he rotates near the beginning of the video and the eyes of the Decepticons rising out of the moon's (I think) surface towards the end of the video.
    - Around the 1:13 mark there is a shot of Optimus Prime that wasn't in the first version (in the first version it is an additional shot of the dogs running towards the camera).

With regards to the suggested 3D element - the video is definitely not in 3D. The red/cyan colours that are typical of anaglyphic 3D are only on the very edges of the picture and not throughout. Incidentally, it does create a (very) skewed 3D depth in some scenes but certainly accidental and nothing very striking.

16. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I don't like Iridescent but the video is cool. I expected a lot of weird, inexplicable elements in the video and there they are. :awesome:

The video was not intended to be in 3D as a whole, but it looks like those subtle red and cyan colors are not there by accident.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  17. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Sorry, what I meant was that the effects it ends up producing when viewing through 3D glasses (or, as what I've done, separating both fields into a left and right image) were obviously not intentional. As for the colour actually being there then yes, that was certainly intentional :)

18. Dara

Dara Well-Known Member

Pathetic Video. All of ATS videos were Awful. I hate both the slow motion and the black & white visual effects.

19. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

One of the biggest things that makes me smile about this video, is that the whole band is doing the same thing in one shot (Last Supper), finally! :D I've missed seeing them all together. It's made this cycle's videos seem a little isolated. And inferring like Brad and Co. aren't there.

20. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I've never seen you so angry Dara. Do you miss Frankie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.