Winning "Iridescent" Artwork, "Iridescent" Performance To Be Shown On MTV & VH1

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

lol if I knew all I had to do is use a couple PS filters on a promo shot of Optimus to win...

I'm surprised the band chose this cover to be honest, even after Mike said he wanted to see more painting/illustration.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Really? LP reviewed all the submissions?

As per Mariam Weber's comment on LP.com:
    'I don't want to sound arrogant, nor do I want to boast when I say that mine is one of the most popular artworks (and I was actually one of the few who stuck to the official rules and created an ILLUSTRATED ARTWORK on my own without using any images that simply don't belong to me) in this contest, but when I attended that Summit in Hamburg I showed Mike my artwork. He had never seen it before and even asked me if I took part in the contest. Needless to say I was kind of disappointed by that reaction. They obviously didn't even notice it, although Mike loved it. His reaction to the piece itself was awesome at the Meet&Greet, but yeah...you get what I'm trying to say, right?'

Makes you wonder doesn't it? Now like her I'm going to reserve judgement for a moment and say maybe LP had a team that selected a few and then they picked what they thought was best. Congrats to the winner, I guess. The whole LP/Transformers 3 thing has been a mess from the start. Half the emails I get from the LPU page on LP.com were from russian LP fans confused about how to get tickets.

--RS

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Didn't know about that, that really sucks for her, whoever selected the few "designs" to show the band should definitely be fired because they/he/she obviously doesn't know jack shit about the rules/art

Oh well, what a fail of a contest.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I think I've seen lots on deviantART that can top this. But this is quite good though. The Autobot in the LINKIN PARK is pretty cool.

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed that this was chosen too. I didn't enter the competition, so there was nothing in it for me anyway... but I saw plenty of submissions on this page alone that topped this.

As Derek very adequately displayed - not much of a stretch to do this in Photoshop. If the guy knew what he was doing in Photoshop, he would have had it all done in a similar time frame.

The fact that he's supposedly broken many rules is awful to hear. Sorry to the others who genuinely put in a lot of effort, only to see this today :(

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Although others' don't get the recognition, but for us the good thing is we have 132 pages of great artworks to choose before the site closes down. LOL.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

OMFG GUYS! I WON THE CONTEST!

So it turns out I took a shit a few weeks back and took a picture of it. I accidentally submitted it to the contest AND I WON! I'M SO EXCITED.

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

/thread

Minus

I may or may not have gone over the line there. Oh well.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I wouldn't be surprised if the band missed a few gems in the flood of submissions. Can't really blame them. With people submitting the same image over and over again and other people submitting different variations of the same image, a couple good ones were bound to get buried. Hopefully they learn for future contests.

I'm interested to see how they handle this whole thing though. Do they sweep it under the rug? Acknowledge it? Maybe grind the winner with questions under a hot lamp? :awesome:

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I like the hot lamp option. Just seems the most fitting. :lol:

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Of course they missed some gems, otherwise you would've won.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

The rules says that at least ONE of the elements given must be used. There's nothing that says you have to use all of them. That would be ridiculous.

Wait WHAT!? That's preposterous. A lot of people followed the rules and did the difficult decision of picking out one best one. That crap isn't easy to do. While I don't need to win any more contests (I'm jaded out), there's tons of honest people who deserve some legit recognition. Where is this DA account *digs through thread*

EDIT found this: http://news.deviantart.com/article/154095/
    but no DA account name. How is this so hard to link to the winner.

And some rope. Maybe a whip.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Congrats, I guess. But honestly, that's pretty shittily designed. I scrolled through 10 pages of that DA gallery and opened whatever caught my eye. I ended up with about 7 or so tabs and I gotta say, they were all better than this. Serious fuck-up in the management of this contest.

Minus

If you want serious fuck-ups, actually read the thread. It's more fucked up than you realize. It's about as fucked up as an unsupervised Lindsay Lohan.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Damn, I looked through all of the Australian MTV channel, there doesn't seem to be any program on for the next 7 days about Linkin Park :(

DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

If only because that shit you mentioned was nothing special. I've seen your shits, Minus, and I know you can do better. So go eat a burrito, drink a coffee, and make some art.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/articleimages/062311-100957_IridescentWinner_large.bmp[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg44/steveo007me/Bullshit.gif[/thumb]

Yeahhhh pretty much my reaction to the winner after I read this thread. Gotta love it when people who still break the rules and still get to win this contest. Shit, in that case I should've entered all three drafts that I made. -__-

EDIT: I might also add that the runner up didn't follow the rules completely either as he didn't use any of the TF3 branding in his art submission. So you gotta love whoever the hell was judging the contest.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider Who-ligan

Minus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.