25.06.2011 - Munich, Germany

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Tomorrow Linkin Park will play the final Projekt Revolution of the summer in Munich, Germany at the Reitstadion Riem Stadium which also marks their fourth and final date in the country before playing Imola, Italy on June 26th for Sonisphere Festival.

Linkin Park are coming off a special show in Moscow, Russia where they performed for the Transformers: Dark of the Moon movie premiere. They performed a whole new set for the occasion which you can check out at the LPA Tour Page. The setlist opened with a brand new intro emitting The Requiem entirely, instead opting for an extended New Divide build up which then kicked into the song as the opener, which in itself is a rarity and only done twice prior to this show at the A Thousand Suns Release Event in New York on September 14th, 2010 and again in Detroit, Mi on January 25th, 2011.

[YOUTUBE]ZlbId4PX6C8[/YOUTUBE]
    Moscow Introduction / New Divide Performed 23.06.2011 in Moscow, Russia courtesy of 1004nik

This show also saw the first performance of the Iridescent "Transformers Remix", or as stated on the setlist for this show; the "Energy Up Version". Being as this special edit was made for the movie they were performing at the premiere of, it was a very fitting choice for the band and raises the question if we'll ever see it performed again.

[YOUTUBE]Ii4_2QmdfKc[/YOUTUBE]
    Iridescent (Transformers Remix) Performed 23.06.2011 in Moscow, Russia courtesy of 123kriscool123

The fans in Moscow were awesome and really got into the concert, singing loudly to every song and were having a great time. The fans even organized TWO flash mob's during the show, the first was to throw confetti into the air during The Catalyst when Chester sings "Where oceans bleed into the sky", which you can watch by clicking here. The second involved holding up individual signs saying "Wisdom", "Justice" and "Love" during the song. Despite doing it during The Radiance too (come on, it's not hard to get confused by the transitions live and it happens to the best of us in different ways!), it's hard to ignore their dedication in doing something no other country or show has done since last year. Awesome work Russian fans!

The band have now performed five different setlists on this tour, but two of those (KROQ / BFD) contain the same songs just arranged differently, the others are simply incorporating Blackout, Burning In The Skies and replacing Breaking The Habit / Shadow Of The Day. Moscow had the same songs but included a different intro and alternate version of Iridescent. Here are the shows where the band debuted a new, varied set:

Will the band debut any new setlists in the next European shows? There's only six dates left before they take a break and return to Asia in September, so it's hard to say. Wretches & Kings, Robot Boy are still left to be played on this tour at all from A Thousand Suns and besides the acoustic performance at the LPU Summit in Hamburg, Germany, The Messenger is still to be included in a full set.

Who's going to the final Projekt Revolution of the Summer in Munich? Keep up with the tour by clicking the dates in these threads or by visiting the LPA Tour Page. You can also discuss the tour on the LPA Forums

Setlist

01. The Requiem
    02. Papercut
    03. Lying From You
    04. Given Up
    05. What I've Done
    06. Empty Spaces
    07. When They Come For Me
    08. No More Sorrow
    09. Jornada Del Muerto
    10. Waiting For The End
    11. Burning In The Skies
    12. Numb
    13. The Radiance
    14. Breaking The Habit
    15. Fallout
    16. The Catalyst
    17. Crawling
    18. Faint
    19. One Step Closer
    ----------
    20. Wisdom, Justice and Love
    21. Iridescent
    22. Blackout
    23. New Divide
    24. In The End
    25. Bleed It Out (Reading My Eyes, drum solo & A Place For My Head over bridge)

Source: Thanks to BlackChester for the updates.

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

Have fun tomorrow guys :)

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I think the flash mob idea was great and it looks awesome in the video so well done Russian fans! Yeah I understand the interludes might be confusing for some people but I still lol'd. :lol:!

Joe

Yeah, haha. Bless the Russian fans.

I bet some of them were looking around like, errr.... guys, this isn't WJ&L, but then thought eh, let's do it anyway! Just incase they don't play WJ&L! :lol:

Ree

That's true! They should have just held it up during every interlude, haha. Or even better, held the signs up throughout the entire show. Now THAT would be dedication. :lol:

Joe

Good idea. Next time I go to a show that's exactly what I'll do. Just constantly hold up "Wisdom", "Justice" and "Love" signs. Maybe even get one of those scrolling LED belt buckles that say the same thing so the band can see it in the dark.

Cinemamonster

Cinemamonster Are you watching closely?

Also, there was another flash mob, when Chester sung "Where oceans bleed into the sky", people threw confetti in the sky)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    Ree

Your flashing belt buckle idea inspired me so much that I'm gonna make and wear these glasses to the next show.

[thumb]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_unrKkt9tQQEjiBrIUofT9kbOhyuHodUeOeAI61wHRdD-xwUETA[/thumb]
    The name of each song will flash in the the dark, hell I might even put the lyrics on there too so Chester doesn't forget the lyrics at my show!

We should go together.

Joe

Ha, no way. I've put that in there. Thanks. :)

Here's an awesome video of the crowd doing that for anyone interested. Check it out at 2:33.

[youtube]_ptdKbHUOpc[/youtube]​

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I still think there needs to be a flashmob where everyone does Double Dream Hands to Given Up. Just saying.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

The folks in Russia sure now how to have a good time. :awesome:

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

russia failed at "The Radiance" - holding up their wisdom justice and love signs x)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.