30.06.2011 - Rotselaer, Belgium - Rock Werchter Festival

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Today Linkin Park will play Rotselar, Belgium as part of their annual Rock Werchter Festival, where they will be headlining in front of an impressive roster of bands including Iron Maiden, The Chemical Brothers and Queens of The Stone Age. While the show on the 28th was the first time Linkin Park had ever come to Norway, this show also marks the first time in ten years that the band has come to Belgium, which should be a treat for the estimated 90,000 in attendance.

[youtube]BSemk-zV9Fg[/youtube]
    In The End from The Hove Festival

Linkin Park are just coming off a show in Arendal, Norway where they played the Hove Festival. Much like the show in Imola, Italy; the band once again played a "condensed" setlist, which added back in Breaking The Habit, but avoided playing an encore to close the show, bringing the number of songs to 22 instead of the typical 25-26.

There are now five shows remaining on this leg of the tour and after this performance the band will head to Arras, France on July 1st to play Main Square Festival, before moving onto Switzerland, England to finish up the final dates of the Summer Tour. You can check out all dates, information, images, video and even submit your own media from your YouTube account to get more views if you like via the LPA Tour Page.

Who's going to see Linkin Park in Belgium at the Rock Werchter Festival? Any of you see the band back when they last arrived there in 2001? Let us know and discuss the tour on the LPA Forums!

01. The Requiem
    02. Papercut (Savio Intro)
    03. Lying From You
    04. Given Up
    05. What I've Done
    06. Empty Spaces
    07. When They Come For Me
    08. No More Sorrow
    09. Jornada Del Muerto
    10. Waiting For The End
    11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love
    12. Iridescent
    13. Numb
    14. The Radiance
    15. Breaking the Habit
    16. The Catalyst
    17. Crawling
    18. New Divide
    19. In the End
    20. Bleed It Out
    21. Faint
    22. One Step Closer

Setlist Via: jannevanrompaey on Twitter

Infinity

Infinity *

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Infinity

Infinity *

OMG I am watching live belgium tv right now and I can hear LP playing The Catalyst........ why don't they broadcast it live:blink:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This looks like the same setlist as Hove Festival.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Mike and now Phoenix have said Blackout is one of their favorite songs to play right now. So how come they barely play it? I'm not bitching, it just boggles my mind.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Probably just to keep it fresh from time to time. I'm sure a lot of the songs they play now they get kinda bored playing since they have been performing them for years.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Which makes your theory about them wanting to keep things fresh pretty much invalid :lol:. Playing Blackout would always be more fresh than playing Given Up or even more so Lying From You.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Really wish they'd bring back doing a bit of cover songs. Such as their snippet of Guns and Roses and The Cure and Rhianna, also, wish they'd play Rolling in the Deep in full at least once live so I could hear it on a DSP.

But other than that, shows seem pretty consistently good to me (as a post-listener to DSP's) and I'd only just cut out ALL songs Meteora.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Just came back from the show and it was AWESOME! The crowd was really good and LP themselves seemed very pleased with the crowd too! Really great first show for me, I like'em even more now.

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

What's the rest of the set?!

thomas003

thomas003 Well-Known Member

It was my first live LP-gig! Finally they played in my country, 10 years ago in a little village called 'Deinze' I wasn't there, I was 10 years old.

It was so fantastic. 80.000 attendees and I was totally in the front the whole day. Thank you LP, hopefully they don't wait another 10 years to play here.

The finish of the setlist:
    12. Iridescent
    13. Numb
    14. The Radiance
    15. Breaking the Habit
    16. The Catalyst
    17. Crawling
    18. New Divide
    19. In the End
    20. Bleed It Out
    21. Faint
    22. One Step Closer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikbqv03abL8
    Even the people in the back were all screaming, never had such atmosphere at Werchter, it was my 3rd visit to RW.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.